Perdana V6 - ABS light never turn off

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Anyone has the knowledge/solution on the ABS system?
What exactly happened if the lights turned on? can i drive the car?

the other day i went to EON & they can't solve the problem, only if it is being replace with a new ABS system, which cost around rm5000
The mechanic did some electronic tuning & the light did turn off for a short period of time. and now, the lights turn on again

please, help

Never had that problem, I'm not even sure what ABS signal light looks like but I did have something similar to that. Know about the handbrake's light? It lit up for mine as well and guess how i solved it.

By cleaning the engine head's cap. Normally sits on top and right at the center of the engine bay. Maybe your ABS tubing needs some cleaning that's all, or maybe even your brakes.

Just give it a try, you never know.

is tht new car?? how come they say cant fit this problem? did they check 4 u?

normally the light onli pop up whn got some problem, myb is very small problem....

may go other work shop to check.

coz my fren(foreman) told me 1 new perdana v6 owner send the car go bk Eon wif the gear box problem few times, they also cant fix the problem, juz always ask him send bk car 4 check(max up to 2 weeks), n he try claim a new gearbox, but cant get it....

finally the owner buy the gearbox from chop shop.........

the service so bad....

discarlour said:
Anyone has the knowledge/solution on the ABS system?
What exactly happened if the lights turned on? can i drive the car?

the other day i went to EON & they can't solve the problem, only if it is being replace with a new ABS system, which cost around rm5000
The mechanic did some electronic tuning & the light did turn off for a short period of time. and now, the lights turn on again

please, help

I used to repair all Honda new model cars. For your cars, I think you better ask them to check your knuckle bearing. all 4 of them. For sure, if there's any wiring problem intermittent and watsoever, the indicator can't be reset one. The knuckle area very sensitif one. The sensor will failure if there's dust or bearing damaged inside it. hope can be repair.

thank you, anyway, is the ABS for proton is the same with other car's ABS like honda. the guy from EON said the ABS problem rarely occurs before. they all said is totally mechanical and nothing more could be done, only replacement would do.

Bai 3679, do you anything about sensor on the ABS. coz, my cousin said there might be problem on the ABS sensor...

and do you know what is the estimate repair cost? can the repair made in other workshop other than EON, if can, do they have the equipment like those electronic gadget tuning; which i saw the first time they attend my car...

discarlour said:
thank you, anyway, is the ABS for proton is the same with other car's ABS like honda. the guy from EON said the ABS problem rarely occurs before. they all said is totally mechanical and nothing more could be done, only replacement would do.

Bai 3679, do you anything about sensor on the ABS. coz, my cousin said there might be problem on the ABS sensor...

and do you know what is the estimate repair cost? can the repair made in other workshop other than EON, if can, do they have the equipment like those electronic gadget tuning; which i saw the first time they attend my car...

ABS function for all model is same but it depends on the single part maker. Like honda they have one high spec modulator and 4 sensitive ABS sensor. Very sensitive. That is why when it off from plant, they've checked all the electrical function including ABS. So the what the EON told u is right. mechanical problem.

All car manufacturers got their own checking device as well as Honda. proton dealer knows which wheel failure. If all 4 wheel not operating ABS, then the ABS modulator is fail to operate. if only one out of 4 fail, then there must be sensor or knuckle bearing itself must be damaged.

bout the cost, don't know la. Only proton dealer have better facilities than under pokok cherry bengkel.

discarlour said:
can i drive the car if the ABS is malfunction? is it safe?
Can... But the ABS not working la. Disadvantge la bro... you bought 70-80k car but no ABS. Damn rugi man. Better drive KE20 like me ;p. I'm afraid if you not counter it now, it would get worst.

Top Bottom