Engine Trembling When Idle

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
My engine trembles alternately while idle (RPM meter dropping to 600-800RPM & then go back to 900-1200RPM & repeats again) whether I have engaged the gears P, D or R.

When driving, no noticeable trembling. But when going slow, realise a bit of trembling.

Went to check with my nearby mechanic, he said it is something to do with fuel mixture and requires a diagnostic machine (available @ Hyundai Service Centers). He said the car won't stall.

Similar comment from Mr Lee. May need to retune. He also said the car won't stall.

Could it be spark plugs, engine throttle body, air filter, engine oil, etc?

Anyone knows? Need to know before my car masuk hospital. Hopefully, the car won't stall while driving to Hyundai. Thx.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Darren, sound like a sensor or a part is faulty.
try bring to Hyundai Glemarie and do Sensor Checking (FOC)

PS: Did you on your aircon? RD1 idle at 750RPM with aircon off.

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Problem persisted especially when traffic jam, stop & go at slow speed. The erratic dropping and increase of the RPM & engine jerking & trembling was annoying (also felt the car may stalled anytime).

Then I went to Hyundai Old Klang Road to have a checked. Computer Diagnostic didn't show any signs. Then the mechanic look at my spark plug cables. There were misfiring and the cables were the cause of the power leakage.

Like blur sotong (and also rushing for meeting), agreed to change for RM185 (RM168 after 15% discount for the spark plug cables + 17 labor). They said the computer diagnostic was special FREE service (normally charged @ RM50++, I think if I don't engage their services). No time to call & check out with Mr Lee or was also thinking of changing to a performance cable plug (because changed the wrong type, lagi makan minyak)

Hope this will be learning experience for the rest since I only got 1 reply. Attached the changed cable. Notice the white marks on one of the spark plug cables. And the cables come in set of 4 cables.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
IK20 too powerful.... Muahaha
Ace, how much is your aftermarket plug cable and what's the brand and model that fit RD?

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
BS, very power after using IK20?

dartango, why u change 4 cable? 4 also misfiring? I do have this before, using black tape (wire tape) to cover, can only last for about 1 - 2 days, every time change new black tape till finish, at last I only buy the 1 cable, not a set of 4, cheaper mah.

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Last time Hyundai spare part is in Subang, I think I buy from there, very near to Mr. Lee place.

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
BS,
I forget mine what brand already. But I force to change to that because the original gave problem as it is old already. That time having hard time finding original cable so switch to this and being using it till now. 3 years already. Of course not much driving lah...he he

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
anyone know which brand and model suitable for our RD1 NA?
always see those magazine stated plug for specific brand and mode like EK, EG and etc.

No sure how to pick ours.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
BlackSamurai said:
anyone know which brand and model suitable for our RD1 NA?
always see those magazine stated plug for specific brand and mode like EK, EG and etc.

No sure how to pick ours.
This is where problem arises when we shop for parts for our Coupes.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I suppose it was inevitable; Porsche recently announced that the name for the new SUV in their line-up is Macan. Derived from the Indonesian word for tiger, it is said to combine suppleness, power, fascination and dynamics - core characteristics of this new car. This new SUV is said to slot in below the Cayenne.

The Macan will be sixth in the model...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience