DIY - Soundproofing the FIREWALL !!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
As i saw in my dad's waja there is a layer of sheet to sound proofe the firewall .... how do i do it on my wira as it starts to get noisy on 140 .... any idea ?

aiyoyo .... the engine blocking la taiko thats y i dunno how to do ...... asking for comments n ways .....

take out the dashboard, u can stick at the inner side of ur firewall

I think the most effective you can do it is do it from the Engine side... because I have done it to my friends car... but is really limited place for you to stick on the Sound proof material... especially the cooling coil side... and... the effect is not that much.... to dismental the dashboard take alot of work.... think twice..!! if you want to go quite.... spray some foam in the windscreen pillar...

bitumen pad won't help much in supressing noise. They are not invented as sound deadening material in the first place. however, its kinda popular as its easily available and cheap.

Here you goes... some idea for you .... we took 2 days to settle it...
DC060101017.jpg

DC060101016.jpg

DC060101012.jpg

DC060101011.jpg

DC060101009.jpg

DC060101008.jpg

DC060101005.jpg

DC060101004.jpg

DC060101002.jpg

wow.... nice work.... but kinda messy.... hahaha... hows the improvement??..

we used the RTA to test it... about 10 - 15 db reduced...

wow. that's quite a lot of noise reduced.... but have to DIY ler... if pay someone to do, RM400 for workmanship also not enough.

yup... if better we can take the whole this... then we can do it nicely..!!

wah no other way ah from outside like waja cannot ah ? if lets say i jack my car up the stick it on the wall there can anot ? why waja got wira dun have
haih ......
cooling coil ? why ah ? my main purpose is to prvent sound from going into the cabin ...

If you want to block the sound in to the CAbin then you need to stick the whole fire wall la... but the cooling coil is attatched to the fire wall mah.... unless you want to refill the guess again...else please do not touch it la... so that part you cannot stick la... also it cover quite huge part ma.... so not that perfect la..

zane i`m sorry if i`m stupid but what is that cooling coil that your are refering to what model car ? i`m damn blurr la from the outside i didn`t even see a cooling coil i onli see a compressor ....

I mean the passenger seat.... there is a drawer infront... after you took off the drawer... you will see air cond... cooling coil...with the blower...

Aiya... dont say stupid la... me also learning only la...

oh icic
thanks man i tot there is a motor for blowing the cold air into the ac vents

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom