DIY - Renewing your Faded HeadLights

Muhammed

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.dezignercustoms.com
Brake Fluid is a Bit Corrosive and could damage your Paintwork , so I would not suggest going this route to be a very good idea ,

E-Tech , there is a complete Kit at eneos 1 Utama called Glassy Lights , it contains everything you will need to Restore your Headlights to New in one easy Kit , It may be an Idea to get this , Or else you could use Sand Paper , But make sure the Grit is correct and replace Autosol with Meguires Plastx , This is designed to restore and protect headlights , then Wax and Buff and it should be fine

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
hey guys... was surfing in lowyat and saw some dude selling those headlamp cleaners for abt 10 bux.. hope this helps.. dont know if i should post the link

Muhammed

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.dezignercustoms.com
@ E Tech If you have an old headlight lying around , it would be Interesting to test this theory , Give it a Shot and It may turn out Beautifully ;-)

@ Vyraz11 Thanks for taking the time to post your suggestion , Post up the link too , for 10bux if it works , it will definately be worth the Money ;-)

jolipoli81

Aug 6, 2009
Penang
these are the photos of my headlight, as you can see there's the spray all over the surface
confirm it's not dirt because i've wash and polished it

with the light on

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
ok dude, will post the link when i am at work tonight

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

hi guys, as promised, heres the link..
but the postage is kinda expensive..
{WTS}Car Headlamp Cleaners!(Very Effective)

according to the thread, cod can oni be done if bulk...

this is the price of it with shipping:
For 1 bottle, total would be RM 16 inclu. poslaju.

For 2 bottles, total is RM 26 inclu. poslaju.

For 3 bottles, total is RM 31 inclu. poslaju (recommended), or RM 28.50 with registered post (takes about 4-8 working days for delivery).

Muhammed

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.dezignercustoms.com
@ JoliPoli 81 , Ok I see the problem , I am Pretty Sure that wet sanding and Following the Above procedure will sort your Problem out , In your case you Would have to sand the Lights to remove the Overspray residue , Then only will the Surface be Smooth ,

@ Vyraz , Thanks for the Link , Looks like a worthwhile Option at that Price , Just wonder if it works , I think it will Brighten up a Headlight , But to fully restore it to its Former Glory , Sanding down would Be the Best Option , If someone does Buy this Product and It works , How about Posting up a Review here :biggrin:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
That one is because chipped by the small sand particles. U need abrasive to shine it back.

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
i think i may buy one when payday is out... just to be a guinea pig.. since its only my side indicators that are faded.. strange tho... the side indicator lamps and my projectors were purchased at the same time
hey, how much are those maguires thing for the headlamp?

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
i will get this at the end of d month
will let u all know abt it soon.. may even get the plasticx too for extra protection..can u tell me where to get this?

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
yes using brake fluid will make it clearer, just wipe it with clean cloth.

if u guys care to search, there is a thread about cleaning the headlamp and the idea is by raja_mongkut (his nick in zth).

tried out his method years back and it works wonders, and am using dot4 to clean it.

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
hi guys tested d headlamps a couple of weeks ago....didnt have time to post it up...
results of d DOT3 brake fluid is.... nil.. its a waste of my time.... also wasted my money... was doing it for some time... the oni results were sore fingers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,
please advice me here any of the Radiostar users having my problem :
- the alarm to sensitive till a small bump/thunder/loud exhaust from car passing by and some time jus small knock triggers teh alarm !
its quite annoying and disturbing me / other road users or its even dangerous at parking bays n its jus make people irritating and might damage my car !
- so users pls advice me n share this problem that anyone has faced before n solved it by ................(info pls) :secret...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience