DIY radiator change.

i12bcool

Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Sifu's,

I am trying to change my radiator to aluminium but not sure what radiator i am using. can someone help me identify the radiator. thanks.

Currently running a b8 210 in mazda mx3.

And should i change to silicone hoses for the radiator?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
make sure it is reputable silicone hoses. There are a lot of imitation SAMCO hoses out there.....that could melt after touching heated parts of engine...

Check youtube on how to spot and differentiate real silicone hose and imitated hoses...

i12bcool

Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I am planning on getting the hoses at sunway. from one of the exhaust shops there. No one can identify the radiator ? :hmmmm::hmmmm:
industrial clamps should do good right ? eheh

thanks guys :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Silvery looking radiator very likely it's aluminium la. Most stock cars come either black or copper coloured. Most modern cars use aluminium anyway. Why are you concerned with what you are using anyway? If you're replacing it just find the same car-make and width, then install it!

i12bcool

Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
thats what i am doing now actually. But after hunting in sunway, found out the radiator is from a 1.8 4 cyl lantis. Very hard to find. Synergy is the only one that makes them. i got a guy to search for a similar one. hopefully got good news soon :)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi Sifu's,

I am trying to change my radiator to aluminium but not sure what radiator i am using. can someone help me identify the radiator. thanks.

Currently running a b8 210 in mazda mx3.

And should i change to silicone hoses for the radiator?

looks like hard to get the exact fit radiator..perhaps u can try bring your car and measure the engine bay+bracket to suits

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Are Synergy radiators expensive?
I asked before. VR4 they don't have but they say send the car over and they custom build for me. Was Quoted RM500 which is not expensive I think, because my last repair already cost RM230 for top cover change and welding.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody can comment about this workshop? the one in sunway mas. in term of price, service and workmanship. any good?
heard a lot of good stories

tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience