Diy - Horn

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
hey .... my orginal horn dunno y la ..... suddenly got then sometime dun have .... then i also tulan oledi .... one time like going to bang ppl coz they didn`t see me comming then i got no horn to warning .... haih ...... any sifu here know what the problem ar ?

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
wire loose is one of de cause...

but most of de time.. is de diaphram nut loose... take out ur horn unit... n c whether de nut is loose or not... u need to tighten de nut to tune de sound of de horn... tune to de loudest n nicest sound....

most ppl just change to a new one because they do not know bout de tuning thing...

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
khguan said:
wire loose is one of de cause...

but most of de time.. is de diaphram nut loose... take out ur horn unit... n c whether de nut is loose or not... u need to tighten de nut to tune de sound of de horn... tune to de loudest n nicest sound....

most ppl just change to a new one because they do not know bout de tuning thing...
hon also can tune??? cool man... haha... would love to try it one day..

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
khguan said:
some horn tuning by a nut... so need a wrench...
er... tune at the big speaker thinggy or where???????i saw one black black loudspeaker thinggy... tune it there?

v1ctorong

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
siong said:
er... tune at the big speaker thinggy or where???????i saw one black black loudspeaker thinggy... tune it there?
are you using original horn or bm horn 1st? if u r using original horn, normally the nut will be at the center of the so called "loudspeaker". if using bm horn, i dunno how to tighten the screw.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
original horn is diaphram type... not loudspeaker... there will be a nut at de back of it at de side for u to tune it if not mistaken...

those BM horns.. i believe there is also a nut or screw to tune it as i noticed inside the "snail" there is a diaphram... but i'm not too sure bout dat... long time din play with horns liao hhehe...

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
thanks guys... i will try de! but its raining now.. after i try i tell the result

MrHan

May 22, 2005
Santa Monica
khguan said:
those BM horns.. i believe there is also a nut or screw to tune it as i noticed inside the "snail" there is a diaphram... but i'm not too sure bout dat... long time din play with horns liao hhehe...
That means it's quite hidden, eh? I'll try to look it out too :P

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
there might be several causes...

mine was the horn button at steering wheel jammed... or lost contact. So, press, sometimes at right angle, got horn, but most of the time tarak. So, i removed it and did some fixing.. done.

another prob i encountered was short circuit.. i sent to wireman to settle it for me. Sometimes it would just continue blaring the horn til i had to unplug the fuse. hahaha.. i still remember, that time it was 1am in the morning.. just got home... so as i opened the gate, i heard a soft beep of horn.. then i turned around.. eh.. no one but me.. kenot be wot... hantu meh? so nvm.. i fast fast parked the car in... go into my room.

then momentz later.. i heard horn blaring... and itz familiar.. crapz.. i went out.. kanneh.. itz my car. Straight i went to it and unplugged the fuse.. woke up the whole neighbourhood.. phaiseh phaiseh.

then another incident b4 fixing the horn, i was at the toll, 2nd car before my turn, an accord sorta look quite long to pay the toll charges, and my car suddenly decided to get impatient and horned by itself.. whoalau.. i damn malu wei.. the accord fella turned around and look at me... shit.. i scrambled to unplug the fuse again... even the toll booth attendent gave me a cruel stare. aiiii..........

wireman said some wiring prob la..dunno.. he just fixed it for me.. 10 buckz.. done.

Last edited:

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
zephyr3d said:
there might be several causes...

mine was the horn button at steering wheel jammed... or lost contact. So, press, sometimes at right angle, got horn, but most of the time tarak. So, i removed it and did some fixing.. done.

another prob i encountered was short circuit.. i sent to wireman to settle it for me. Sometimes it would just continue blaring the horn til i had to unplug the fuse. hahaha.. i still remember, that time it was 1am in the morning.. just got home... so as i opened the gate, i heard a soft beep of horn.. then i turned around.. eh.. no one but me.. kenot be wot... hantu meh? so nvm.. i fast fast parked the car in... go into my room.

then momentz later.. i heard horn blaring... and itz familiar.. crapz.. i went out.. kanneh.. itz my car. Straight i went to it and unplugged the fuse.. woke up the whole neighbourhood.. phaiseh phaiseh.

then another incident b4 fixing the horn, i was at the toll, 2nd car before my turn, an accord sorta look quite long to pay the toll charges, and my car suddenly decided to get impatient and horned by itself.. whoalau.. i damn malu wei.. the accord fella turned around and look at me... shit.. i scrambled to unplug the fuse again... even the toll booth attendent gave me a cruel stare. aiiii..........

wireman said some wiring prob la..dunno.. he just fixed it for me.. 10 buckz.. done.
Bro!!!!!!! U got herbie!!!!!!!! clever car! hahaha... if i were the accord i sure scared one... ppl suddenly honk at me!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey,guys. many times,we want to buy wheel spacers for our cars, but what should you consider before buying it? Today, I will share 3 importent things must be considered before you buy wheel spacers. Because safety is the most importent thing for you.
1. Safety is our first consideration when we buy wheel spacers. The high quality wheel spacers usually use forged 6061-T6 / 7075-T6 aluminum alloy materials. Grade 12.9 extended wheel bolts&grade T10 wheel lug nuts. It can improve the handing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience