D1 Drift Machine Making Its Appearance @ Drift Getaway @ PD This Coming Weekend

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
DoNuT said:
i digs chicks...?? mueheheheh something new... wot's that suppose to mean..? keke

hmmm damn everything gets to be so serious here.

aibon : i like your style :)

gti88 : you sounded quite gay mueehehe

skagee : can i have the cap if blade runner dont' want it.?

haha..my style!

Donut just to bad , skagee just give it to me....damn nice man the cap!

I think the fellow is blurring already lah. Cause kena head shot from Skagee.
Its really easy to diferentiate a "D1 Spec car" and "D1 spec car from Japan"

PTLemon, that was a good explanation and useful infos too. Thanks:biggrin:

Anyway, I always believed that forum or any online interactive web based message boards are for information and experience sharing. We are of no position to condemn or citicise anybody in regards to their character, profession, families, car, etc.

I do not care whether it is blade_runner, road_runner, road_run_over, blade_shaver, etc, if he/she comes to disturb the peace and harmony in the forum, the moderators/members should take some actions.

Well, I am a professional in the aftermarket car performance market, likewise for my company and some of the people in this forum. We are here to share our experience and knowledge, bring new insights and new techniques for setting up our cars for our passion, etc. No man nor woman here is omni-potential, as a professional I am, I also have to learn, so let's share, isn't that the spirit of motorsport ?

For Mr Blade_Runner, be nice a bit will ya ? If you want to know more abt D1, no worries, or all you need to do is ask, I believe all the nice people here will share with you tons of valuable information.

PTLemon said:
If you do not understand D1 regulations, below is the Official D1 Regulation :

Year 2005 D1 Grand Prix Vehicle Regulation Driver and mechanics must read and comply following regulation.

1. Participating Vehicles
1-1. Must be constructed and released for sale to the public from an automobile maker.
1-2. Only FR, MR, or FF drive-trains are allowed.
1-3. Vehicles constructed by an automobile maker solely for the purpose of racing are prohibited from participating.

2. Body of the Vehicle
2-1. Only stock body constructed from an automobile maker is allowed. No pipe frames allowed.
Each car must maintain the OEM uni-body structure. VIN # must remain in its original position and has to be identifiable. Pipe Frame Chasis (including pipe-frame extentions) are not allowed in any D1 Competition. No Exceptions !
2-2. VIN number needs to be visible on the vehicle.
2-3. Vehicle must be certifiable for Street Legal.
2-4. Hard top must be installed on open roof vehicle.
2-5. The appearance must remain similar to base vehicle.

3. Vehicle modification regulation
3-1. The exhaust sound level must be within the regulation of each hosting venue (you must check with each venue/circuit before participating)
3-2. Exhaust muffler must be installed.
Every car must maintain a complete exhaust system including Catalytic Convertor and silencer. Some venues may require maximum allowable sound level restrictions. In such case, all cars must meet the venue specific noise regulations.
3-3. S tires (racing tires and DOT-R Semi-slick tires) are prohibited.
3-4. Placement of any decal other than officially certified ones on the front and/or door glasses on both sides are prohibited.
3-5. Must install 6 points or better roll cage (only stainless steel or chrome-molly materials allowed) and side bar on drivers seat.
Roll cage : Each car must be equipped with a six-point or better roll cage. Full front A pillar beams are required as well as door impact protection beams. A competition car with carbon, FRP, Fiber Glass or any non-metal doors must have the door impact protection X bars welded to both front (A-pillars) and center pillers (B-pillers). Roll cage must be welded or securely bolted and anchored. If roll cage is bolted then its must be securely reinforced with an anchor plate and backing plate sandwich on each side of the floor pan. Roll cage tubing must be at a minimum of 1.25 inches OD tubing and no thinner than 0.098 wall mild steel or 1 .25x .083 Chromoly tubing.
3-6. Glass smoke films of any kind are prohibited on all windows.
3-7. Headlights, Rear brake lights, and hazard lights must be in tact.
3-8. Must have the passenger seat.
3-9. Cutting the main frame is prohibited.
3-10. NO FLUID LEAKS OF ANY KIND WILL BE TOLERATED.

4. Safety regulation
4-1. Door on the driver's side.
4-1-1. The window on the driver's side must open/close from top to bottom. (windows on both driver and passenger side must be in tact)
4-1-2. It may have only one side bar if the door is stock.
4-1-3. If the stock door was modified or replaced, cross side bar must be installed. During competition, both driver and passenger door windows must be in a up position (closed position).
4-2. Side bar
4-2-1. The side bar must be installed where the driver can easily get in/out of the vehicle, yet high enough so it can protect the driver from side impact.
4-2-2. Only stainless steel or chrome molly materials allowed including attachment parts.
4-2-3. It must be welded to the front arch on the roll bar.
4-3. Towing hook
4-3-1. It must to place the hook where visible and easy to hook the car for towing.
4-3-2. Stock hook is allowed, except when the hook is hidden upon installation of the aero parts, etc.
4-3-3. Hook needs to be painted in color of yellow, orange or red (applies for the stock hook as well)
4-4. Seat belt
4-4-1. 4 points or better seat belt must be installed.
4-4-2. The width of the seat belt on driver side must be at least 2 inches, and the buckle must be a quick release type in stainless steel material.
4-5. Aero parts
4-5-1. The hood pin must be installed when installing aftermarket hood, trunk, and rear hatch.
4-5-2. The technical officers have the right to uninstall exterior parts (GT wing, canard, etc) when judged hazardous.
4-5-3. Rear acrylic window must be protected by stainless steel frame or bolts from falling when impact was applied.
4-5-4. The tip must be rounded when sharp edged GT-wing or canard was installed. (exterior parts can not be wider than the vehicle width)
4-5-5. All exterior parts, tires, and wheels must be firmly installed to prevent from falling off upon impact.
4-6. Others
4-6-1. The participating drivers must wear face mask and racing suits made in fire-proof material during event.
Drivers must wear driving suits, full length Socks, Shoes, and Gloves made of approved fire resistance material (Nomex, Kynol, etc.) with no holes in single or double layers. Underwear should be cotton based, or fire resistance, not nylon.
4-6-2. The participants must wear JIS or SNELL certified helmet during event (half face not allowed)
Drivers must be fitted with Snell Foundation (SA) approved safety helmets with 1995 Snell Foundation (95SA) or later safety sticker of approval displayed inside; head and neck restraints systems are optional and must also be Snell Foundation (SA) approved. Face shields are mandatory.
4-6-3. The vehicle must carry fire extinguisher.
4-6-4. It must be separated by divider when fuel tank, wet delivery and oil cooler is installed inside the cockpit.
4-6-5. Fire extinguishing device must be present when fueling. Refuel must be done with 2 people. One person must have operatable fire extinguisher in hand in case of emergency AT ALL TIMES!
4-6-6. Regardless of location, the person who is fueling must wear fire-proof helmet and suits during refuling.
4-6-7. Batteries must be securely fastened down, positive terminals well insulated and if located in the cockpit must be covered or have leak proof caps.

5. Mandatory Official Logo Placement
All qualified drivers must receive the official decals and car numbers at the official D1 registration booth on the Qualifying day and place them as instructed. Both right and left fender areas (2) need to be kept open for contingency decals and other decals designated by D1 official.

PTLemon: Thanks for the explanations.....great info....:congrats: ..I need to put in my resources folder for future reference....hehehe.....my car is definitely a long way to go for this......:lol:

cheaka said:
hehehe...taken already....:rolleyes:

HOW CAN HOW CAN..?? WE'RE YOUR FRIEND YOU KNOW!! MUEHEHE

PTLemon : Wahh.... i think hor if you ask me to memorise it confirm fail liao!! damn long D1 Vehicle regulations cool cool!!

DoNuT said:
HOW CAN HOW CAN..?? WE'RE YOUR FRIEND YOU KNOW!! MUEHEHE

PTLemon : Wahh.... i think hor if you ask me to memorise it confirm fail liao!! damn long D1 Vehicle regulations cool cool!!

DoNut: sorry bro....maybe the next round...hehehe...as for D1 regulations...you don't have to worry if you are the driver lah..that's why we have team manager (for example PTLemon himself) to do the checking.....hehehe.....I also want to learn from PTLemon about team management liao....since i cannot make it as a driver....hehehe....faster run ...:vroam:

Aibon : this cheaka wanna kena taruk from us liao...

ivan you start first then i come behind you hehe

wah cha.......
ninja.sml.gif

I couldnt agree more about what views on forum and interactive online messages PTL and the majority share. It has really taken sharing info and opinions into the next level... BUT i didn't come into this thread to put on a little nice mask and be a little nice although profanity is a no-no. Naturally to condemn and to critisize shows the lack of character one has and so is giving bogus info to the public...

My point is that if the title states "D1 car..." heaps of people will instantly recognize it as a car prepared and participating in the current series of the super popular D1 Championship in Japan. That is the only point i am making and i think that the thread starter is at fault here. Had it been phrased "D1 look alike car from Singapore" i think the hype would not have been so great and response would not have been so overwhelming either. Sure enuff many forummers will attest to claiming that they KNOW its not an actual D1 car, but thats only a minority of the 20k odd forummers that log on here to gather and to share info and views

I do not care or worry whether if you are pt lemon, pt limau, pt apple or pt durian OR sync optima, sync swimming, sync trampolining or sync optical... to give out incorrect info on an event and making a whole bunch of people gather at PD to catch a glimpse of a D1 car to their dismay turned out to be a little not nice trip

For PT Lemon - thanks for sharing your great wealth of experience on motorsports and hope you are able to really seek further on your quest for motorsport knowledge in and arounf this part of the world

I guess its senseless to talk sense to you

anyway..do I really' don't care or worry' if you're from the marketing department or sales department or parts department..but maybe TC should be informed

blade_runner said:
I couldnt agree more about what views on forum and interactive online messages PTL and the majority share. It has really taken sharing info and opinions into the next level... BUT i didn't come into this thread to put on a little nice mask and be a little nice although profanity is a no-no. Naturally to condemn and to critisize shows the lack of character one has and so is giving bogus info to the public...

My point is that if the title states "D1 car..." heaps of people will instantly recognize it as a car prepared and participating in the current series of the super popular D1 Championship in Japan. That is the only point i am making and i think that the thread starter is at fault here. Had it been phrased "D1 look alike car from Singapore" i think the hype would not have been so great and response would not have been so overwhelming either. Sure enuff many forummers will attest to claiming that they KNOW its not an actual D1 car, but thats only a minority of the 20k odd forummers that log on here to gather and to share info and views

I do not care or worry whether if you are pt lemon, pt limau, pt apple or pt durian OR sync optima, sync swimming, sync trampolining or sync optical... to give out incorrect info on an event and making a whole bunch of people gather at PD to catch a glimpse of a D1 car to their dismay turned out to be a little not nice trip

For PT Lemon - thanks for sharing your great wealth of experience on motorsports and hope you are able to really seek further on your quest for motorsport knowledge in and arounf this part of the world

Hi Mr Blade_Runner,

Thank you for your comments of which I noted.

If that is your opinion, I accept it . Then tell me how you define D1 car ? If I let go 1 roll cage for the S15, strip the interior, get the from Japan real D1 sponsored decals, the OK sticker and can that be considered a D1 car...? kekekeke :P

basically, any car can be D1 car, D1 car is street legal car with 6 point roll cage and that's it, I am sure if you have a drift car with all the safety things as stated by the D1 rules, you can have a D1 Spec car too.... well... there is no big hype abt it. It is just a marketing thingy from Japan. However not any car can be super taikyu car wor...coz track car under super taikyu regulation is a santioned race and is more strict that D1....Okies.... if you do not like the word D1 on it...can...we change to Blitz Drift Car ? okies abt that ?

Well.... be frenz lah.... I cannot do anything much in regards to your wasted trip to PD, sorry to hear that !

The purpose of the Drift getaway of Sync Optima is to get drifters off the streets and into the proper track for having fun with this sport. I am convinced what they did is noble and so we gave them our best support. Having more and more drifters doing up their cars, having nice stickers on it, etc, makes the sports more fun and more spectacular to watch mah....no offences yah ?

Last edited:
if it was becoz of the title.. can ask them to change from D1 car to D1 spec car.. of coz the yet to make it to D1.. but it was prepared according to the regulation.. so it's D1 ready.. just waiting for the doraiba...

nottyeddy said:
if it was becoz of the title.. can ask them to change from D1 car to D1 spec car.. of coz the yet to make it to D1.. but it was prepared according to the regulation.. so it's D1 ready.. just waiting for the doraiba...

Perhaps you are rite...hmmm....

No worries.......

gti88 said:
And so sorry that you were the only one dissapointed at Blitz Singapore's S15 because everyone else wasn't.
They were infact amazed and shocked by it. Nicely and professionally done car.

And if you wanted to see D1 Japan cars here in Malaysia, fork out the cash and it can be done.
Or better yet go to Japan and check out their events next year.

well it had tiny s15 stock brake calibers!
i guess upgrading brakes is expensive! :D
wat am i saying? every farking tuning part is! DOH!

Top Bottom