Custom Y-Pipe For A32/A33

cgui

500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
Setapak
how much did it cost man?

Better get a S Flow muffler to reduce the sound... i don't mind it being loud .. but not too loud lar. ...

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
putting back a CAT will defeat its purpose or not?
i suggest getting a better muffler (if can, same size as stock muffler), then add bullet to subdue d sound.

when i 1st saw ur muffler, i know its goin to be loud. just too small for V6 engine. not enough backpressure. thats why u lose low-rpm torque.
Back-pressure has nothing to do with it. As I have stated many times...ALL back-pressure is bad and restricts flow...and it is flow that provides power.

The way the Y-Pipe works is this :

a) Each ignition, followed by expulsion of exhaust gasses becomes a pressure wave in the piping of the exhaust. The smoother the exhaust flow, the faster the pressure wave, and the more defined the wave form. In other words, a smooth pipe dissipates the wave slower than a rough pipe.

b) Imagine when your engine is on...you get a series of continuous wave fronts pulsing through the piping. Each wave will produce a partial vacuum behind it...pulling the wave behind it. Once this series of wave fronts are stable...you will get a suction effect through the engine thereby pulling more air in the other end of the engine....therefore, more O2 and more power.

c) This system requires pressure pulses and a continuous series of wave fronts to work. At the low end of the power band, when you first start up, it takes time for the pressure waves in the piping to build up. Before this build-up, the pressure waves produced tend to dissipate faster, thereby reducing the suction effect i.e. less power.

d) BUILDING UP PRESSURE BY FASTER EXPULSION OF EXHAUST GASSES MUST NOT BE CONFUSED WITH BUILDING UP PRESSURE BY RESTRICTING FLOW. In the first instance, you will gain power, and in the second, you will lose power. Putting something in the path of the exhaust gasses will simply restrict the flow of gasses thereby SLOWING DOWN THE PRESSURE WAVES and reducing power.

e) One way to increase torque is to use smaller diameter piping. This will facilitate the building up of continuous pressure fronts since there is less space to fill. However, at the high end, this may become a restriction, so you will lose top speed.

f) The S-Muffler is a good idea to cut noise. One other thing you may do in addition to the S-Muffler is incorporate a simple non-restrictive bullet. DO NOT use the funny screw type bullets you see on the market. Those may work well with some cars by facilitating the outflow of exhaust gasses, but they WILL destroy the pressure pulses, which is the basis of how the Y-pipe works.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
hmmm....i remember reading an article saying auto cars need back pressure. since u say back pressure is bad, what if we put a straight flow muffler. confirm no back pressure...hehehe

Last edited:

Ultimate Cefiro

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2006
yes.........ong i agee v u......this is wut i hear from my mech..... i tot the flow should be smooth but he says dat the auto car should use S muffler to gain some back pressure in order to "PUSH" the car........ at first i dun think sooooo but i read an article about it from a car magazine..... onli i know lor......

Remember last time i install the twin tailpipe without muffler.....n theres roaring sound..... eventhough it make noise....but not dat noisy..... sort of like turbo car bcoz our car is a V6.......so the exhaust flow is moe quiet than a 4 cylinder car...... but the acc. is not good due to lack of muffler.....went to jian hang n weld a centre bullet n a S muffler at one side (the other side remains no muffler coz wanna balance the flow since one pipe flow is greater than other, so do experiment lor).... n it is now better on acceleration (plus my car still heavy load of fuel due to turbo injector).......

excimo

Known Member
Jun 6, 2006
Bad low end torque, noise increased and no FC difference...would think twice man...might not do it actually.

excimo

Known Member
Jun 6, 2006
Yeah...man this one I interested leh. But my gearbox not so kuat lah.

Hehehe...then I can add Kompressor emblem on the top right corner....ada style man.... :)

Madrocky

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
See when i free then i go mercedez chop shop see see... need to check for the compressor price. If too expensive then not worth doing it.

excimo

Known Member
Jun 6, 2006
When u get quotation...you say u got itchy kakis who are also interested also. So ask for best price.

Ultimate Cefiro

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2006
i went to merc. shop to servcice my merc 2day........ ask the boss n he says that the Kompressor itself would cost around RM6,000 ...... without the kit..... juz kompressor alone.....

Madrocky

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
OMG! So expensive.... then i think i dun have that money to install the compressor into my cefiro. Maybe my future modding are juz adjustable suspension, re-design my bodykit & midnight purple paint.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
get a used one.

In the State, they build a kit for a32. but now discontinue already.

Ultimate Cefiro

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2006
i know that the stillen oso have but discontinued since they have newer version liao (J31)...... but dat is supecharger....... they oso have the supercharger kit ready made in Taiwan but supecharger is hard to maintain at a high cost.... although it is proven pollution fee n oso activated once the engine is ignited....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

last week ago, i have been called up by KC to detail a Porsche Cayenne. this is not a normal Cayenne you can see on the road, this Cayenne tuned by TechArt Magnum RS has a 4.5cc V8 turbo inside the hood which produce 500hp, so this Cayenne is a really rare exotic car i ever seen in my life. moving any further, this car being carefully clean with OPC and followed by wash with ONR. wheels also being properly clean with OPC by Seech, claying and engine detailing was done by KC, interior and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience