Custom Y-Pipe For A32/A33

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Guys...get a sample pipe built, then make up a batch. We also have our aussie friends to think about.

A33 has the same basic shape, but I think there are small differences...1 - 2 cm is small, but big enough to make it difficult or impossible to fit.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
deffy...no prob...gary's bro just did d y-pipe today. the shop is goin to send the OEM y-pipe for mass production...so next time we can just go there n install...good news for all a32 owner!!!

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
how much for the mass production version? i am very interested, well of course when my car are with engine :)

excimo

Known Member
Jun 6, 2006
Was Gary's bro that got it fixed that day? So, how was it? Did he say anything?

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
KL
Visit site
the guy said after the Y pipe it was toooo loud haha...
cause he's got a mufler...
forgot if he put back ori or what...
bad news for A33 owners... he said kenot change wor O.o"

cgui

500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
Setapak
the guy said after the Y pipe it was toooo loud haha...
cause he's got a mufler...
forgot if he put back ori or what...
bad news for A33 owners... he said kenot change wor O.o"
too loud? wat does he mean too loud? during acceleration or during idling? hhmm

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Just put in a centre mufler...as far back as possible...and all will be quiet on the western front... :smile:

Madrocky

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
The manifold to the original y-pipe is fix mounted (if i not mistaken). Unable to remove.

excimo

Known Member
Jun 6, 2006
Noise...ummmmph...that is something I would last willing to sacrifice on my feilo.

What about power? Did he mention any change and how significant?

UC, I have checked at the grills at Kepong. Aiyah all also not nice one.

GaryA32

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
After Y-piped

Mina-san, Good Day.
Here a quick review after installed the Made in Jian Hang y-pipe.

1) F u c k i n g loud after installed it wit my tin kosong straight flow muffler.
The loudness was comparable to a track car. End up with a new S-flow and totally no sound at all at the back.

2) So the back is very quiet now, I can hear clearly the hissing sound from the y-pipe when winding down the windows. But the sound level is considered acceptable @<3000rpm.

3) The thing is different after 4000rpm. U can hear the roaring sound from the y-pipe and all the way up to redline.

4) I noticed the rpm rose faster than before.

5) Sad to say, I feel the low rpm torque is gone. Ah Wah Brother advise to put back a CAT to gain back some low end torque.(my cat was previously replaced with a pipe)

6) Fuel Consumption: Same as before. One full tank about 600+km(included a round trip to Ipoh). I believe this figure is depends on how well you can control your right foot. But be prepared to get lowered FC than before if you floor every gear to redline.

So far so good. I haven't reset my ecu after installed. Will do it soon to see if there is any different.

Verdict:

1) Guaranteed louder if you got a straight flow at the back.
2) Prepare for the roaring sound at high rpm.
2) Even if the performance improvement is subtle or maybe Zero (butt dyno told me got improvement), the workmanship of Ah Wah bro really impressed me.

Ah Wah bro already made a jig so that the y-pipe can be fabricated in shorter time.
With that jig, the piping required lesser welding joints and gives better flow. So no worries mates, satisfaction is guaranteed at Jian Hang.

Photos, coming soon if required.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
putting back a CAT will defeat its purpose or not?
i suggest getting a better muffler (if can, same size as stock muffler), then add bullet to subdue d sound.

when i 1st saw ur muffler, i know its goin to be loud. just too small for V6 engine. not enough backpressure. thats why u lose low-rpm torque.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i bought a tacho meter 5" from a friend,send it to a workshop to install it.da prob is,da tacho is for 4 cylinder but my car is 3.i dont mind bout it coz ill be changing to 4cylider soon.annddd...my shift light dosent blinks.only the small green on the tacho blink but not the small long round red light on the side of the tacho.is it becoz of the difrent cylinder or something had gone wrong with the light?its already being installed and all wirering are okay. coz my friend said even da...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience