Conversion/Replica/Look alike

mayday2232

Oct 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all sifu's and ZTH members. greetings and i've been here to browse all the interesting topics all you sifu's posts. and suddenly, i was just thinking of this little project. :biggrin:

which car would be the best to modify, till it looks like a mustang? or possibly feel? but more on looks now. i know nothing beats the real thing, but, the roadtax for the real thing is just too expensive. and 2 nights ago i was browsing through the forums and i came upon a thread where i think i saw, a Toyota KE70 or KE30, that looked almost like a mustang. i've always loved the old muscle classics, but sadly don't have the luxury to own them.

hope you all can help me find an antidote for this feeling. :bawling: still a newb in engines, car detailing and everything, but always willing to learn! :driver:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
what about the old Toyota celica coupe? aka TA/RA coke body? passing view very much resemble a mustang....

mayday2232

Oct 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks for the reply bro,

is it the first gen one? now you reminded me, it does look like. haha, is it a good replacement for a replica? as in, feeling and look wise. :hmmmm::biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

mayday2232

Oct 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah bro, it's the first gen one. haha. with a little bit of mod, it does look like a muscle car. haha. by the way, what kind of manual transmission is this?

i feel like this always adds the touch to the muscle car feeling. haha. roughly how much would it be to do up everything nicely ah? haha. :biggrin: to get that Chevelle/Shelby look? haha. the 70's one. :love:

Last edited:

mayday2232

Oct 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hehe, thanks bro! :burnout:

now the only problem is finding the car. i saw one thread here, got the link to the celica club malaysia forums. alot of the KL's one all sold or either around 20k. i don't mind any condition as i think i will redo everything.

and bro's, is it possible to even mimic the rugged-ness of a muscle car? haha. just wondering :love: :driver:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Yeah bro, it's the first gen one. haha. with a little bit of mod, it does look like a muscle car. haha. by the way, what kind of manual transmission is this?

i feel like this always adds the touch to the muscle car feeling. haha. roughly how much would it be to do up everything nicely ah? haha. :biggrin: to get that Chevelle/Shelby look? haha. the 70's one. :love:
I think there someone selling ford 1965 ford mustang at the marketplace

mayday2232

Oct 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeap bro, there is. a V8. Rm98k. :S. price still abit high for me. lol. so, right now considering the alternatives. and i think still the roadtax will be super expensive:bawling:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
yeap bro, there is. a V8. Rm98k. :S. price still abit high for me. lol. so, right now considering the alternatives. and i think still the roadtax will be super expensive:bawling:
yeah!.... but still the sound of proper american push-rod v8 + multi barreled carb sends shivers all over me...

mayday2232

Oct 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
haha, yeah bro, i understand the feeling. the roar of the V8. and the crankshaft, when you change gear, woo, nothing get's better than that. really is just the best thing in the world. still would prefer that over a modern sports car anyday:adore:

and one more thing forgot to mention, it's a left hand drive. kinda hard to get used too. haha. :hmmmm:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

mayday2232

Oct 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Nice info bro, haha. imagine a 1970's shelby with red calipers :P. that'll be awesome, but kinda spoil the image of the car. haha, but, the website you gave me have to import in? it's mostly in australia.

but now come if its able to do a conversion on the 65' Mustang. it'll be a dream come true. :love::adore::biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Yeah... for mustangs, you have to import the kit... as per Celica TA/RA, it's not to say common but it's not rare restoration either... you might want to hook up wif bro DanzEterna's fren

Really love to have a Highland Daytona Racing's coupe replica... but now defunct... if got money, i'd settle for Daytona Sports Cars Coupe instead

Good luck ya for your conversation!

mayday2232

Oct 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks bro for the advice bro:burnout: but im still new here. don't really know anyone and not really active in the automotive world yet. haha. as for the kit, yup, i know, haha. hard to find in KL

haha, yeah, damn stylo whei. haha, but i think it's too small of a car for me. haha. i'm kinda big size so, can't buy those car :( ahha~

thanks bro, but now haven't started anything yet. alot of steps to follow and need help ><. haha. first need to get the car, then etc etc, paintjob, change seats, change gearbox, change rims. haha. lots on the list. haha,and haven't consider under the hood mod's. but thanks again bro! :burnout: appreciate the help. haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Can anyone suggest to dimantle/remove the rear bumper of the Honda Civic.
If possible in step-step approach....kind of new on DIY thing..

Thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience