Comments on Black Top 20v

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
calling for Black Top 20v users ... I'm doin research on Black top 20v engine ... as been infrm by my mech ... normally black top 20v's cam 'll having some prb after some time after installation ? ... is it true n wats the comments for this engine?

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
cams having problem mana ada worrrr.......i use for 2 n a half year liao dun hav that problem.....only overhaul eng 4 times n pecah eng once......muahahahaaha

stock stock is good enuf........no problem.....once start touching the eng u'll headache 1.......

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
samuel,
do u mean the stock 20v cam ? or after-market cam?

what sort of research are u doing? u planning to put in BT 4age in to your car also?

Last edited:

andrewleec2

500 RPM
Dec 30, 2004
Kajang,Selangor
www.friendster.com
samuelccy said:
calling for Black Top 20v users ... I'm doin research on Black top 20v engine ... as been infrm by my mech ... normally black top 20v's cam 'll having some prb after some time after installation ? ... is it true n wats the comments for this engine?
Sam,

do not freak the shit out of me, I've installed my BTop weh..I did have the same thing in mind too and asked around.
The responds was, take care, frequent check up and make sure all the necessary are done and available..then touch wood nothing happens..
Unless ler you plan to tekan kau-kau..then i dont know ler.

Keep this topic posted if there is anything new to share...

Regards,
Andrew

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
hijack abit..

my svt's rpm kind of flunctuate from 800-900rpm all the time when it reach operating temperature, dunno why, and sometime drop until 700rpm. but then will go back up again.

engine also vibrate when idle, my mech say my engine idle like high cam but the cam is ori one wor.. he didn't open up the engine so dunno how was it inside lar. the only prob we know is the piston ring abit worn out and kind of consume engine oil abit.. not too serious.

engien belongs to EFN last time, anyone know what he did to that engine? why can't idle smoothly one like most stock 20v?

btw.. about the cams, never heard of any cam problem with blacktop or silvertop before, all i know is EFN told me the shim will worn out or something and make annoying sound but won't affect the performance.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
i think like what andrewleec said as long we take care of our car
with regular maintenance and does not drive like a mad cow,
then no need to worry la..

if really like what samuel said and worried. then toyota would have fix
any prob to the engine/setup long ago already, right?

and in Malaysia also a lot of people converted their engine to BT, dont' tell
me all of them will have that problem, right?
i don't think the concern make sense lor..
maybe those ppl that tell the
news have had a bad half-cut or frequent revver ?

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
is not a mojor prb le ... is juz tht the cam 'll b abit noisy ... was thinking to convert to BT as my 4AFE can't satisfy me ... my mech keep physco me to bolt on turbo ... but if can I would like to drive a NA car ... thts y ..

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
tom's said:
cams having problem mana ada worrrr.......i use for 2 n a half year liao dun hav that problem.....only overhaul eng 4 times n pecah eng once......muahahahaaha

stock stock is good enuf........no problem.....once start touching the eng u'll headache 1.......
wah ! ... in wat circumstances ur eng 'll pecah wor ? ... u rev kao kao r ? ..

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
andrewleec2 said:
Sam,

do not freak the shit out of me, I've installed my BTop weh..I did have the same thing in mind too and asked around.
The responds was, take care, frequent check up and make sure all the necessary are done and available..then touch wood nothing happens..
Unless ler you plan to tekan kau-kau..then i dont know ler.

Keep this topic posted if there is anything new to share...

Regards,
Andrew
dun worry bro ... when ur car gonna ready? .. n keep me updated or even can yum cha n let me have a look ... kekeke ... n if u dun mind, pm me the cost of ur conversion ..

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
wfhan said:
samuel,
do u mean the stock 20v cam ? or after-market cam?

what sort of research are u doing? u planning to put in BT 4age in to your car also?
the stock 20v cam .. according to my mech after installing quite a number of units .. all the cam 'll have some noise after a few mths ...

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
samuelccy said:
the stock 20v cam .. according to my mech after installing quite a number of units .. all the cam 'll have some noise after a few mths ...
my silvertop cylinder head now very very noisy.. dunno about blacktop

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
rollakid said:
my silvertop cylinder head now very very noisy.. dunno about blacktop
thts wat my mech mean ... is not a major prb but juz the cam 'll b a bit noisy ...

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
tom's said:

sifu tom's, u driving ur black top for 2 n a half yrs edi rite ... can a black top tapau stock GTI r ? .. actually my aim is to tapau those 1.8 le ...

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
samuel,

yeah not major prob, sifu tell me its just the sound, won't affect the performance. the only difference i can tell from sitting inside other people's good condition 20v is that, my engine sound alot more "diesel" than theirs and when i accelerate, got extra "chiak chiak chiak chiak" sound from engine -___-" dunno what it is but so far no prob at all, abit worried also lar.

sifu tom's car ar? that one monster lar... ferarri come also tapau.. hahahahhahaa