Comments on Black Top 20v

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
rollakid said:
bhp = power measurement unit, powerband = rpm range where the torque kicks in?

its always better for normal people to have wider powerband.. cuz we can't afford the friggin expensive close ratio gearbox T_T
now i noe ... tht means basically V can actually feel the power is actually from the powerband instead of hp le .. coz hp is the measurement unit of how powerful is the car but powerband is actually the torqe kicks in ..

so, for those turbo charge cars .. their powerband is wider but doesn't mean tht their hp is higher .. am i rite ?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
GT20v said:
thats a problem if use percentage to calculate the WHP.
1000bhp will cost 250bhp kaaa???

just state a value for your preference.ie 20 for FF or maybe 30 for FR.
at least this is what my calculation based on lar..and diff gearbox will give diff lost too..

and 20v gearbox is not bad either.its gearbox can consider quite closed if compare to others.vtec gearbox is the best.hehehe
me using T50 wor.. i dun really know how much power it lost, and the reference i get is from around the world ppl use 20v on t50 ler.. dunno much, quaife straight cut gear should transfer more power right?

samuel,
yeah, you can't really feel hp, the "g force" you feel is the torque. can't really say turbo wide powerband and na narrow powerband lar.. its more to how you tune your engine.

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
rollakid said:
me using T50 wor.. i dun really know how much power it lost, and the reference i get is from around the world ppl use 20v on t50 ler.. dunno much, quaife straight cut gear should transfer more power right?

samuel,
yeah, you can't really feel hp, the "g force" you feel is the torque. can't really say turbo wide powerband and na narrow powerband lar.. its more to how you tune your engine.
erm ... thn I still dun understand wat is powerband thn ...

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
samuelccy said:
erm ... thn I still dun understand wat is powerband thn ...
High Powerband is the range in the egine RPM that you get the most power.
Let said, your RPM redline is at 8000rpm. If you can feel the most power kick in in between 3000rpm - 7500rpm. That range is the powerband range.

Let said 4AGZE engine, although it have alot of torque but the powerband is between 2000-6000rpm, after 6000rpm, you can't feel the torque anymore....it just like flat (no power).

Most of the race "kaki" will prefer high powerband range i.e: 4500-8000rpm. The reason is they maintain the engine output at that RPM range most of the time. As for town driving, it's abit tiring because you'll stop and go most of the time and very seldom rev untill that RPM range. That is the reason why 20V engine come out with VVT in order to compensate the low end powerband and make 20V engine fun to drive.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
er.. go look at dyno sheet, look at the torque curve, if it the curve hits some rpm and stay there for few thousand rpm, then it had a wide torqueband lor.. if its like a mountain with sharp and peaky peak torque, then narrow powerband lor.. lol.. dunno how to put it in words..

if i say powerband = the rpm range where you can feel the power from the engine dunno correct or not..

-edit-
aiks.. got sifu explain before i post.. oh well just forget what i say :biggrin:

Last edited:

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
EG9 said:
High Powerband is the range in the egine RPM that you get the most power.
Let said, your RPM redline is at 8000rpm. If you can feel the most power kick in in between 3000rpm - 7500rpm. That range is the powerband range.

Let said 4AGZE engine, although it have alot of torque but the powerband is between 2000-6000rpm, after 6000rpm, you can't feel the torque anymore....it just like flat (no power).

Most of the race "kaki" will prefer high powerband range i.e: 4500-8000rpm. The reason is they maintain the engine output at that RPM range most of the time. As for town driving, it's abit tiring because you'll stop and go most of the time and very seldom rev untill that RPM range. That is the reason why 20V engine come out with VVT in order to compensate the low end powerband and make 20V engine fun to drive.
okie okie ... now i understand .. powerband simply means the peak rpm range tht a car is perfoming la ... does wider powerband means bad FC according to the theory tht power = fuel

Last edited:

corolla92levin

Known Member
Feb 28, 2005
samm.for surelaaa can tapau GTi.my svt also can tapau GTi..takkanla BT cannot tapau Gti..but if mivec 1.8 i donnola can tapau anot..:X-:

samuelccy said:
sifu tom's, u driving ur black top for 2 n a half yrs edi rite ... can a black top tapau stock GTI r ? .. actually my aim is to tapau those 1.8 le ...

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
corolla92levin said:
samm.for surelaaa can tapau GTi.my svt also can tapau GTi..takkanla BT cannot tapau Gti..but if mivec 1.8 i donnola can tapau anot..:X-:
erm ... ano question 1st ... is ur SVT standard or modded version ? ...

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
is the putra and gti powered by the same engine...??
cause if 1.8 putra i can tapau with my svt.....pickup already win....top end i dunno...:) mine standard svt...

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
satria gti 1.8 is around 140hp. when racing got many factors involved. like how experienced is the driver and if he know how to push the engine to its full potential. but i think better keep your engine stock if you have a svt or bt because for daily driving it's enough already. unless u drag everytime you stop at the lights ;)

btw, anyone with a bt taking out the stock filter n putting air filters on the 4 itb? like this:

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
does it make a big difference to change it like that...??and the cost...??u think can do in a toyota LE ke..??will the space be sufficient in my engine bay??

Last edited:

andrewleec2

500 RPM
Dec 30, 2004
Kajang,Selangor
www.friendster.com
I think should be able to fit ler but costing not too sure yet..ask around and see. I had plans for thoses kinda single filters for each throttle..some say makan petrol...how true let the forumers answer and those with these kinda air filter system..

Regards,
Andrew

Adeen said:
does it make a big difference to change it like that...??and the cost...??u think can do in a toyota LE ke..??will the space be sufficient in my engine bay??

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
the logic behind kereta yg makan petrol is how u drive it.....just my opinion here...
but yes....i'm quite interested in this kinda air filter system if it makes the engine have better response...anybody care to elaborate on the cost...??

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
i think fc depends on your driving style. if you keep the revs low when doing city driving, any car you drive wont consume much fuel.

i think by using individual filters for each throttle, you get better throttle response and better sound. i think shud b able to fit in all cars, as long as the filter is not too long. if i'm not mistakened, the opening of the throttle body is 45mm dia. some bike filters shud fit. i'll ask around my local bike shop and check on the price. will let u guys know when i get the info.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
foam type cost over 200 for whole set, easier to fit, just wrap them over the trumpets and use stripties to secure them, dun have to worry about size fit or not, cuz just get one that is about the same size.

4 little k&n might cost more.

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
youmolo said:
satria gti 1.8 is around 140hp. when racing got many factors involved. like how experienced is the driver and if he know how to push the engine to its full potential.

yes .. those factors does only matters if the engine is almost the same power rite? .. if the engine is alot more power thn ano ones .. it doesn;t not matters rite ...

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
rollakid said:
foam type cost over 200 for whole set, easier to fit, just wrap them over the trumpets and use stripties to secure them, dun have to worry about size fit or not, cuz just get one that is about the same size.

4 little k&n might cost more.
Does this air filter improves the hp of the car alot ?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
samuelccy said:
Does this air filter improves the hp of the car alot ?
someone here in zth had it... he ran without filter before he bought those filters, and he say he can't feel any difference between having filters and not having filters, so basically it means having those filters is as powerful as not having filters, and without filters = most power(in most case), so..

dun wan say who is that lar.. later he mad at me, summore i think alot of zthians use that setup also... can see in billsherwood's site, same one.. but colour can be different lar..

samuelccy said:
yes .. those factors does only matters if the engine is almost the same power rite? .. if the engine is alot more power thn ano ones .. it doesn;t not matters rite ...
not really ler.. if assume both driver have the same skill, you give me a caterham rs500 with like 250-260hp i can beat the crap out of any 500hp supra/skyline :rofl:

Last edited:

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
not really ler.. if assume both driver have the same skill, you give me a caterham rs500 with like 250-260hp i can beat the crap out of any 500hp supra/skyline :rofl:[/QUOTE]

well ... u sifu category mah ... dun need to say lo ... hahaha ... :confused_smile: :confused_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all the DIY Sifu….i plan to do undercarriage light with the long tube that ppl use for their shelf display….the shop told me the volt is 36V….but the light is plug through our house plug….so here is my question…

1) how many volt is our house plug?
2) Can I just connect the positive and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience