Choices of cars to buy?

RM100k and brand new car. Which one would you choose?

• VW Polo Sedan 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte 2.0

• Ford Focus Sedan 1.8

• Nissan Sylphy 2.0

• Toyota Vios 1.5

• Chery Eastar 2.0

• Mazda 2 Sedan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaaaaaaaah.. now she's telling me she actually prefer the Attrage... not that I'm complaining. That means I get to choose a bigger car if she goes for that.

As for the braking, it's pretty much the same as the Myvis brakes - absolute rubbish.

Bugger. I'm actually interested in the Diesels. Wanna ask you - how's the diesel quality and what's it doing to your car? Anything specific to watch out for?

Wah! Smaller car for her, Bigger car for you......:driver:

Brake no good, you can mod mah.....

Ours still Euro 2 right?

Wah! Smaller car for her, Bigger car for you......:driver:

Brake no good, you can mod mah.....

Ours still Euro 2 right?

Europeans are already using Euro 5 while we are stuck on 2. If Euro 5, a lot of continental models can come in already. CDI from Merc, TDI from Audi and VW.

Diesels are awesome. But I cannot accept how poor quality our local diesel is. Not sure about how the cars take it. Gonna PM blackhowling on his diesel and see what he says

Europeans are already using Euro 5 while we are stuck on 2. If Euro 5, a lot of continental models can come in already. CDI from Merc, TDI from Audi and VW.

I think some of the newer models are here just being poisoned by our Euro 2.

If they do have Euro 5, then probably will become like Ron 95 & 97 having 2 pricing, one with subsidy and one without...:hmmmm:

Gaaaaaaaah.. now she's telling me she actually prefer the Attrage... not that I'm complaining. That means I get to choose a bigger car if she goes for that.

BuroQ : My family got Innova already la. Alza is pffffttt small compared to that.

As for the braking, it's pretty much the same as the Myvis brakes - absolute rubbish.

Bugger. I'm actually interested in the Diesels. Wanna ask you - how's the diesel quality and what's it doing to your car? Anything specific to watch out for?

Woi.. that's a CBU.. where got cheap to maintain??

That's what amaze us. Myvi brakes suck to the max and u see them zoom pass you at 180km/h and yet tailing people on the road. :stupid:

If they do have Euro 5, then probably will become like Ron 95 & 97 having 2 pricing, one with subsidy and one without...:hmmmm:

I think that will do harm to the engine in the long run...

That's what amaze us. Myvi brakes suck to the max and u see them zoom pass you at 180km/h and yet tailing people on the road. :stupid:

Maybe they've changed into 4 pot brakes. :biggrin:

I think that will do harm to the engine in the long run...

Maybe they've changed into 4 pot brakes. :biggrin:

If Yes, then I'm not worried. Worried about those using stock ones.

They got super strong legs.....hahahahahha:biggrin:

Like Flintstones right? :rofl: Let's just hope they are not using Silverstone as well. :rofl:

FredFlinstoneBraking1.jpg

Diesels are awesome. But I cannot accept how poor quality our local diesel is. Not sure about how the cars take it. Gonna PM blackhowling on his diesel and see what he says

And I thought I'm the only one who likes diesel. But then, diesel doesn't rev high. :bawling:

And I thought I'm the only one who likes diesel. But then, diesel doesn't rev high. :bawling:

Who cares? High torque on the lower power bands and full torque at medium power bands, good enough.

Mixed feelings mixed feelings.

I just recently tested a Volvo S60 T4. I think it's a T4. Anyway it belongs to a car nut friend so it's extremely well taken care of. Good power, good boot, good everything except cracked leather interior and high FC. Turbo and parts taken from a T5 which is plug and play so it's actually quite torquey and powerful. But FC is around 9km/L or worse.

Friend has offered to repaint the car and at RM30k it's very hard to resist. But since this will be a daily drive the FC is going to be a problem.

And yes... I'm talking about replacing my own car now. Wife has already decided on a *cringe* Alza.

What model year? 2010 right? Since only 2010 onwards got T4. For RM30k, I'll buy it if you don't want. Hit me up. Most probably he can knock off another RM2k and sell it to me without repainting.

That Focus TDCi seems to be on sale for quite sometime.. got problem ar Ford Focus TDCi?

My staff just bought a brand new Focus about weeks ago and she immediately regret it already as the dual clutch is jerky and has noise all the time! Worse is, the SC said it is as it is, and will not go away! She said during the test drive there's no indication like that at all and it was nice, so now she felt cheated!

Maybe she got a faulty model? Is the transmission same with the one in Fiesta?

Fiesta & Focus is using the same DCT built by Getrag. This gearbox is produce with a joint venture with Ford & Getrag. The code is 6DCT250 where 250 is the max torque the gearbox can take IINM.

Those sold by grey importer ones might have higher euro spec engines but it will cause problem to the engine overtime due to the soot from our diesel and cause the particle filter to get clogged up. Those sold by authorized showroom have their engine tune and parts changed to meet our diesel here, You can see EURO 2 diesel engine the exhaust is pointing downwards to the road one compare to EURO5.

Fiesta & Focus is using the same DCT built by Getrag. This gearbox is produce with a joint venture with Ford & Getrag. The code is 6DCT250 where 250 is the max torque the gearbox can take IINM.

Those sold by grey importer ones might have higher euro spec engines but it will cause problem to the engine overtime due to the soot from our diesel and cause the particle filter to get clogged up. Those sold by authorized showroom have their engine tune and parts changed to meet our diesel here, You can see EURO 2 diesel engine the exhaust is pointing downwards to the road one compare to EURO5.

Shiet. Good point. Didn't realize that.

Shiet. Good point. Didn't realize that.

They must do the changes to suit our fuel here, if not they will get mountains of claims from owners. Just like Lexus sold by grey importer. The radiator size also thinner/smaller than those sold by authorized showroom even oil cooler size also different.

Those pandai ones buy from grey importers then die loh! like that......:banghead::banghead:

Those pandai ones buy from grey importers then die loh! like that......:banghead::banghead:

But usually grey importer bring in more in petrol form than Diesel so can say they also know about it.

They must do the changes to suit our fuel here, if not they will get mountains of claims from owners. Just like Lexus sold by grey importer. The radiator size also thinner/smaller than those sold by authorized showroom even oil cooler size also different.

Hmm, those Lexus are from UK or Japan? When you say Lexus, does Harrier count as well since it is also known as Lexus RX.

What model year? 2010 right? Since only 2010 onwards got T4. For RM30k, I'll buy it if you don't want. Hit me up. Most probably he can knock off another RM2k and sell it to me without repainting.

He's pretty set on the 30k price since it was actually a bro-price. I think it is a 2010 model. If you're serious let's whatsapp chat. I'll forward you on to him.

Last edited:
Hmm, those Lexus are from UK or Japan? When you say Lexus, does Harrier count as well since it is also known as Lexus RX.

Harrier share the same chassis as the Lexus RX series. But features and specification on Harrier and Lexus us different. Harrier comes in 2.2L and 2.4 L form while the Lexus RX is with a V6 engine 3L or 3.5L. RX is equip with more luxury and high end stuff example Mark Levinson sound system and electric seats...etc Both the Harrier and RX comes in 2WD form or AWD.

It does not matter if it's UK or Japan Spec. Lexus RX and the Harrier was sold by different distributor in Japan and the RX was mainly for export market. When I bought my Lexus CT I got ask the technician and saw Lexus got some information why grey importers specification is different from those model sold by Lexus authorized showroom. Like the thickness of the radiator is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom