Choices of cars to buy?

RM100k and brand new car. Which one would you choose?

• VW Polo Sedan 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte 2.0

• Ford Focus Sedan 1.8

• Nissan Sylphy 2.0

• Toyota Vios 1.5

• Chery Eastar 2.0

• Mazda 2 Sedan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
izso...yeah my dream family car would be a camry or mazda 6. ...1 generation before the new model....but dunno when can afford it..
My family dream car would be the Lexus IS-F :rofl:

The new mazda 6 is real good though...looks better than the old one. The front looks a bit like
the Mazda Shinari Concept car. Seems they are heading to that concept direction.

which head?
:biggrin:
:dontknow: :rofl:

Uh... Saturday la taiko. I'm going Saturday. And if you're thinking of poisoning me with a Jetta forget it. I'm not a fan of even the Passat CC. GTI is not bad but these cars are all kinda erm... I don't know how to describe it. Just not my cup of tea. Great cars no doubt, but doesn't make me wake up and oogle. The Polo Sedan isn't an exception. Just that compared to the rest of the selection it's that much more exciting.

Sigh. The biggest issue I have seriously speaking is choosing one that is my wife-friendly. Gonna go car testing this Sat after I get my suspension done for my Hero.

The new Maz6 is pretty amazing to look at. But damn the size of the thing is monstrous. Gotta love that gaping nose too. RM160k+ right? Aiya.. I'm sure you can afford. Look at all the money you've spent on your Perdana man. You're just choosing not to give up you're hero.

Compared to the LFA and MP4-12C, I think it's the cheaper alternative and way more exotic. No to mention completely mental.. 7ft wide will be very interesting to see on normal traffic. Mustangs are cool. But having seen that many in Houston back when I was there, it didn't really seem cooler compared to the Camaros and Vipers. Gawd the Vipers. Oooffff... shiok.
Because Danz rather save the money for FD3S instead. :rofl:

Camaros looks better if compare to the standard Ford Mustang, but when comes to Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, the widebody and overall I like it. Which is why the new Knight Rider caught my attention :rofl:
Well, that's me la :biggrin:

Vipers...damn..that car really beyond my reach currently. Hornysex was spotted once by
a friend of mine in KL. If not wrong the photo of it is at Mid Valley Gardens. Not sure which
rich man own that.

6ue5t dude, I think you're married right? Does your wife drive? If not then I understand why you so easily managed to buy that MarkX. If she does, then either she's a very experienced driver or a car enthusiast. My wife is neither. So she has the final say in the car decision making and right now it's not looking like the Polo is high on her list.

Well like i said we're going car window shopping this saturday, in particular the Altis SupFan suggested so we'll see how it goes.

I probably should close this thread until then and then post something up when I actually make payment for a car. :biggrin:
To buy a car, if it is for ourselves, I wouldn't really bring my gf/wife along. Cuz is just not easy to buy with them around. They give u all sort of feedbacks and dislikes. They only recommend cars that they like to u. :rofl:

I'll 1st ask their opinion on certain cars, then decide myself :rofl:
Just like example I mentioned I want to get a Satria Neo CPS.
She disagrees because is 2 doors. :rofl:

But when comes to choosing a car that your gf/wife likes, what I did was, I kept quiet and ask
my gf what car she wants? She make her decision, if the car is okay for me, I will just assist
in checking for her. So end up, bought the Kelisa. Settle without having any headache :rofl:

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

The new mazda 6 is real good though...looks better than the old one. The front looks a bit like
the Mazda Shinari Concept car. Seems they are heading to that concept direction.

:dontknow: :rofl:

Because Danz rather save the money for FD3S instead. :rofl:

Camaros looks better if compare to the standard Ford Mustang, but when comes to Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, the widebody and overall I like it. Which is why the new Knight Rider caught my attention :rofl:
Well, that's me la :biggrin:

Vipers...damn..that car really beyond my reach currently. Hornysex was spotted once by
a friend of mine in KL. If not wrong the photo of it is at Mid Valley Gardens. Not sure which
rich man own that.

To buy a car, if it is for ourselves, I wouldn't really bring my gf/wife along. Cuz is just not easy to buy with them around. They give u all sort of feedbacks and dislikes. They only recommend cars that they like to u. :rofl:

But when comes to choosing a car that your gf/wife likes, what I did was, I kept quiet and ask
my gf what car she wants? She make her decision, if the car is okay for me, I will just assist
in checking for her. So end up, bought the Kelisa. Settle without having any headache :rofl:
exactly...my wife didnt let me keep my previous sgti. had to trade in for a perdana v6 auto. but i came back with a twin turbo manual haha.....no choice ma bought edi...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Golf Mk7, Golf Mk7......:biggrin:

My friend about 2 years ago was talking to me about buying new car for his wife. See this, test that until now still have not bought.....:rofl:
You buy for me ah? RM150k is beyond my reach la. Besides, it's still on that DSG gb and even though VW claim to have fixed the problem, I wouldn't want to be a guinea pig to find out.

I really hope I don't end up like your friend. I am getting really tired of driving the Myvi. If I could afford it I'd turbocharge the whole thing and buy over my friends custom everything from his dekitted Myvi.

rich man own that.
That's a body-kitted car. The real car doesn't look that good. The front nose gape is the same but everything else is quite milder in comparison.
[/quote]

Considering I drive her most of the time, it has to be something I like as well. Compromising is the hard part

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You buy for me ah? RM150k is beyond my reach la. Besides, it's still on that DSG gb and even though VW claim to have fixed the problem, I wouldn't want to be a guinea pig to find out.

I really hope I don't end up like your friend. I am getting really tired of driving the Myvi. If I could afford it I'd turbocharge the whole thing and buy over my friends custom everything from his dekitted Myvi.

That's a body-kitted car. The real car doesn't look that good. The front nose gape is the same but everything else is quite milder in comparison.

Considering I drive her most of the time, it has to be something I like as well. Compromising is the hard part[/QUOTE]

Yup, but when bought I thought I won't like it, end up I prefer to drive the kelisa than the BLM :rofl:

A fun to drive car with better handling :biggrin:

Ya, if can get a car where both you and wife like then easier. No complain from both sides.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Car also must S-F......hahahahahahaha:rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

exactly...my wife didnt let me keep my previous sgti. had to trade in for a perdana v6 auto. but i came back with a twin turbo manual haha.....no choice ma bought edi...
ha! ha! first 3 cars were all 2 doors one, then when kids grew up, then wife mentioned must get 4 doors already. But when wife needed one on her own, she had a Wira, where my Super Saloon started with SOHC auto became a turbo manual....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Car also must S-F......hahahahahahaha:rofl::rofl:
I know someone would mention that :rofl:
Different la. S-F got a - in between...

This car is one hot Lexus Monster...do VIP look and with Black Metalic Paint...slapped it real low...
Yakuza style :love:

Quad exhaust...damn nice and aggressive.

Anyway, now waiting for Izso to test drive the Altis 1st and then Izso will have a final decision to post in his thread :smile:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I know someone would mention that :rofl:
Different la. S-F got a - in between...

This car is one hot Lexus Monster...do VIP look and with Black Metalic Paint...slapped it real low...
Yakuza style :love:

Quad exhaust...damn nice and aggressive.

Anyway, now waiting for Izso to test drive the Altis 1st and then Izso will have a final decision to post in his thread :smile:
Not Different Supra_Fanatics also got [ _ ] ....in between....:biggrin:

This Saturday you coming to Drex's place?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Not Different Supra_Fanatics also got [ _ ] ....in between....:biggrin:

This Saturday you coming to Drex's place?
What time is it bro? Izso didnt state the time, most probably can make it but will call/text if
coming.

Maybe can get a ride in your turbo car :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What time is it bro? Izso didnt state the time, most probably can make it but will call/text if
coming.

Maybe can get a ride in your turbo car :biggrin:
Bro. Izso mention around lunch time and bro. kc mention 1 to 2 pm, should be around that time....:biggrin:
Oh! maybe driving wife's Tiggo, see first....:hmmmm::biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Bro. Izso mention around lunch time and bro. kc mention 1 to 2 pm, should be around that time....:biggrin:
Oh! maybe driving wife's Tiggo, see first....:hmmmm::biggrin:
Oi! :rofl: Drive la turbo when hanging out with Batangs :rofl:
Not family outing ma :laugh:

or u trying to poison izso to buy Tiggo :rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
6ue5t dude, I think you're married right? Does your wife drive? If not then I understand why you so easily managed to buy that MarkX. If she does, then either she's a very experienced driver or a car enthusiast. My wife is neither. So she has the final say in the car decision making and right now it's not looking like the Polo is high on her list.

Well like i said we're going car window shopping this saturday, in particular the Altis SupFan suggested so we'll see how it goes.

I probably should close this thread until then and then post something up when I actually make payment for a car. :biggrin:
Yes, I'm married and she drives but I would not let her drive the Mark X even after she asked a few times! Cause she's not a good driver despite all the lesson I've taught her! She drives my Livina everyday to fetch the kids only. I would never let her drive bigger or more expensive cars no matter what cause if something happened it's gonna be my headache. As for decision making, yes she has a say somewhat (hence I cannot buy real fast cars), but other than that, I decide, even for cars she'll drive.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Good for you, maybe I should've used the same strategy and came back with an Evo IX instead! Oh well the ship has sailed already. :(

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
what happened to honda insight? honda fit hybrid?
He is not a fan of Honda and Hybrids :biggrin:
Sure he will not like the leg room in Honda insight as well on the rear. :smile:

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Yes, I'm married and she drives but I would not let her drive the Mark X even after she asked a few times! Cause she's not a good driver despite all the lesson I've taught her! She drives my Livina everyday to fetch the kids only. I would never let her drive bigger or more expensive cars no matter what cause if something happened it's gonna be my headache. As for decision making, yes she has a say somewhat (hence I cannot buy real fast cars), but other than that, I decide, even for cars she'll drive.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Good for you, maybe I should've used the same strategy and came back with an Evo IX instead! Oh well the ship has sailed already. :(
At least she dare to drive big car, ask my gf she wont dare to drive car that is bigger than a myvi
:rofl:

but good thing also, at least in future she wont drive my dream car :biggrin: Cuz it will be manual and is bigger.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
what happened to honda insight? honda fit hybrid?
SupFan has very graciously pointed it out, I'm not a hybrid fan (normal ones anyway) and Fit (jazz) is too small for my purpose. Family car with boot that can fit more than just one stroller is a minimum requirement. Right now the Myvi fits only one stroller and nothing else.

Dammit.. I can't use this strategy with her. She said "what if I need to..." then I pointed out she has never touched my Wira before, she'll follow with a "what if?" Kinda hard to argue with a what if. I'm trying to get my wife to have a look at the Livina as well as the Altis. Let's see how it turns out.

(Wish I had a Mark X or equivalent too)

Ok guys, for those interested to chitchattokkoksingsong this sat, I'm going to EA autoworks to get my suspension done around 12 to 1pm give or take. Maybe we can all meetup for lunch? Either way I'll be there.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
izso...go for altis bro.....
wah u all lepak never ajak ah......:sleep:
Ya bro Danz, as mentioned by bro kcng, we are there just only cuz Izso buying us lunch, unofficial TT la...haha! :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Dammit.. I can't use this strategy with her. She said "what if I need to..." then I pointed out she has never touched my Wira before, she'll follow with a "what if?" Kinda hard to argue with a what if. I'm trying to get my wife to have a look at the Livina as well as the Altis. Let's see how it turns out.
Too many what ifs in the world. You ask her...what if flood.. then if normal sedan habis already, buy a SUV instead...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
SupFan has very graciously pointed it out, I'm not a hybrid fan (normal ones anyway) and Fit (jazz) is too small for my purpose. Family car with boot that can fit more than just one stroller is a minimum requirement. Right now the Myvi fits only one stroller and nothing else.

(Wish I had a Mark X or equivalent too)
Hehehe no need to argue la, if she's gonna be the main driver of the car then let her some say in it. If the car she chooses is the one you don't like, then just make up excuses, like that car is problematic and will cost a lot of money if unlucky etc2. She wouldn't know anyway, right?

For me I actually prefer my wife to just drive cheap small car like Myvi cause she's really not good. But I need an MPV to carry a lot of stuff or people when needed. Initially also thought of buying Myvi for her and I keep driving the Livina, but then I'm too bored with it already as it's actually indeed a boring car! So ok lah since I want something nicer for me, I have to let her drive the Livina. :biggrin:

Mark X is nothing too special lah, still just a normal mid size sedan for middle class people who cannot afford a Lexus yet. It's for people who can only buy a Camry but want just a bit more punch and more importantly a RWD! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is probably one of the few pieces of automotive news that could keep on the exhaust fumes of the Toyota FT-86's long and seemingly endless teases, different variations and general lack of coming to a conclusion soon. Automotive News is now reporting that the on-again off-again Honda NSX replacement is back on the table but the catch this time...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience