Choices of cars to buy?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

RM100k and brand new car. Which one would you choose?

• VW Polo Sedan 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte 2.0

• Ford Focus Sedan 1.8

• Nissan Sylphy 2.0

• Toyota Vios 1.5

• Chery Eastar 2.0

• Mazda 2 Sedan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
proton inspira 2.0??not bad isnt it?MIVEC,leather seat,projector..LANCER to be exact.. :wink:
No proton in wifey's list. So good car but wrong badge.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh. It's a CVT gearbox that's sensitive to heat. So if you're expecting blistering performance like your Jetta, wait long long la.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Oh. It's a CVT gearbox that's sensitive to heat. So if you're expecting blistering performance like your Jetta, wait long long la.
He call it "Altis" :laugh: :rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Exactly! A few folks have told me to get a ATF cooler installed though. A lot of people report that it goes into protection mode after driving long distance with speed.

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
Izso forgot to mentioned another car I have in mind.

Since cars currently in your considerations are:

1) Nissan Syphilis 2.0 XL Comfort - RM114,895.30
2) Polo Sedan - RM100,778
3) Toyota Altis Dual VVT-i 1.8E - RM113,020.60
4) Grand Ribena 1.8L Autech - RM105,815.30
5) Chevrolet Cruze 1.8LT - RM108,083.60
(Normal Cruze with 16" rims instead of 18" (RM125,083.60) Not sure comes with bodykit for both or not since is a new facelift model.)

Cruze pick up may not be that responsive but powerful enough and real stable on high speeds, at least is 6-speed and Shiftronic.
You just wont feel that the car is going real fast, cool modern gadgets with just a touch with your finger you can unlock doors and rear
bonnet.

Space wise, I think you will like it, is real spacious inside and the car design is great, always like the wide stock body. Of course
the one with 18" rims looks better.

Polo Sedan and the Chevrolet Cruze are the only overseas brand here whereby the Asian cars are always much cheaper to maintain.
Still depends on which model we are comparing with though. Toyota has always been famous for their good FC but I think that
is not much of your concern.

Some performance and comfort is your wife and your main criteria here. Spacious is also a must for rear bonnet space and also
the leg room must be comfortable enough for long distance travel.

Performance wise, you will prefer Toyota Altis and Syphilis. Comfort, the only one i can comment is Chevrolet Cruze.

Is real comfortable and you dont feel much at all on uneven road. The rest, you just got to test drive and feel it.

Compare with those 3, I find Chevrolet Cruze is much more spacious. That if you dont mind getting a 16" model 1st and swap
it with 18" later on. For me if it is because of the rims and bodykit, I'll rather install outside which is cheaper. Rims I can change to
the one I like. Specs are the same for both 1.8LT and 1.8LT Sport. Only difference is the rims and I think the bodykit as well.

They are having some offers now, maybe you might want to include in your shopping list during the weekend.
add in Mazda 3, the best handling in the class.

not sure if anyone mention Ford Fiesta 1.6?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
add in Mazda 3, the best handling in the class.

not sure if anyone mention Ford Fiesta 1.6?
Mazda3 is a great car. Just that it's not for family since the rear seats are so cramped. It's not spacious at all.

Fiesta - same problem. It's too small. I might as well keep the Myvi if changing to a Fiesta

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Mazda3 is a great car. Just that it's not for family since the rear seats are so cramped. It's not spacious at all.

Fiesta - same problem. It's too small. I might as well keep the Myvi if changing to a Fiesta
If Izso need to get Ford, he would need to at least get Focus ST :rofl: Fiesta too small.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Exactly! A few folks have told me to get a ATF cooler installed though. A lot of people report that it goes into protection mode after driving long distance with speed.
Yup, my colleague is a bit of a aggressive driver, so he claim the gearbox before and then after 6 months the symptoms seems to start again so he sold the car...:smokin:

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

so Izso, man up and do the right thing...

be a man, do the right thing...
ask your wife to drive while u seat behind....

:biggrin:
I think that is one of the idea getting a car with more space at the back mah......:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, my colleague is a bit of a aggressive driver, so he claim the gearbox before and then after 6 months the symptoms seems to start again so he sold the car...:smokin:

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

I think that is one of the idea getting a car with more space at the back mah......:rofl:
So, in order to destroy an idiotic driver who drives a Syphilis if happen to encounter any, is to agitate him to rev kaw kaw :rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If a Sylphilis driver is on the road, he's enjoying the atmosphere in the car and quiet NVH means can plonk in good ICE.

I'm seriously considering to sell the Hero too just so I can transfer the ICE across. LOL

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If a Sylphilis driver is on the road, he's enjoying the atmosphere in the car and quiet NVH means can plonk in good ICE.

I'm seriously considering to sell the Hero too just so I can transfer the ICE across. LOL
Damn, u r seriously getting Syphilis then..:rofl: Syphilis Driver sounds wrong haha!

But at least better than Almera. Can approve la. Maybe can convert GT-R35 front :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.0(A) (Unreg) - Cars for sale Penang - Mudah.my bro...why dont u take a look at this one??maybe u can reconsider bout buying the siplis! heeeee :biggrin:
Wah nice. But this is in Penang la dude. And my wife is against buying used cars. This is a 2003 registered car, meaning it's already 10 years old man. I need to see the car physically and let me wife have a look see in person to convince her otherwise. Since this is Penang - can pretty much forget about it. But looks like an awesome Scooby though

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
actually its unregistered laa bro..ur rite bout the ten years..heheh but still its a scooby laa!!! argghh damn pretty :banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
2nd hand cars can own 1, just need to spend more to totally get it back into good shape :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello ..... can i ask weather there is anyone who knows how to change the meter lights ...... my meter lights doesnt function anymore ...... wira ...... anyone knows how to change the lights ? ....... can i change to another colour ? so does the lights on the a/c switch ? thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience