change sport spring

sky9002

Aug 20, 2007
If i change sport spring front part only will how?? more shake or will not comfortable??

sky9002

Aug 20, 2007
for AXXeLL,boyzone,GT_AUTO opinion is better front and rear use sport spring?? but i dont know why this sport spring i bought high degree like original??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yes, better go for front n rear if u wanna lower ur car... if not, under heavy braking into a turn, the rear will be tail happy....

choose urself, to look good or to be alive...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
For those branded sport spring, actually they have different different spring rate and spring height to let people select.
How height is ur car after install?
Btw, what car u are driving?

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
I just changed my front springs to APM performax. Only the front springs, the rest still stock. Riding on 14", don't wanna change the rear springs coz have to grind, so malas la. Now test test all types of conditions and see if got any problems or not. Front 1 finger gap, rear (stock stuff) 2 fingers.

So far so good, the car feels nicer to drive, stiffer and more 'solid feel'. My car is Kancil only, so won't be too tail happy. Anyway, I don't whack corners so ganas.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
I just changed my front springs to APM performax. Only the front springs, the rest still stock. Riding on 14", don't wanna change the rear springs coz have to grind, so malas la. Now test test all types of conditions and see if got any problems or not. Front 1 finger gap, rear (stock stuff) 2 fingers.

So far so good, the car feels nicer to drive, stiffer and more 'solid feel'. My car is Kancil only, so won't be too tail happy. Anyway, I don't whack corners so ganas.
what do u mean by "have to grind" strange???do u need to do that to install
sport spring to ur kancil meh?

sky9002

Aug 20, 2007
For those branded sport spring, actually they have different different spring rate and spring height to let people select.
after install my car height is four finger can put in.. can say same with original
my car is accord 1986 year SA6Y

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
dun have lar.... sport springs usually dont have spring rate for u to choose... u jz tell them what car u driving and they give u a set of springs... thats it...

unless u going for coilovers, spring rate can be choosen if u buy from factory...

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
what do u mean by "have to grind" strange???do u need to do that to install
sport spring to ur kancil meh?
I am running on 14" rims with 165/55 tyres. If put sport springs on the rear, the tyres will hit the inner part of the body, thus have to grind out a section of it so that the top of the tyre can hide behind the body. Ketuk also can lah, but that wan tend to lead to rusting.

Standard 12" put sport springs on rear no problem wan.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
ooooooo......umean the tyre will foul ur rear fender is it.i c...even iswara
have to roll the fender to make clearance for a bigger wheel n tyre.

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Oh, you orang call it 'roll the fender' eh? My friends all 'grind' it, chop the section off.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
roll, fold, grind, chop, knock... all relate to the same thing lar... make the arch a lil bigger so more clearance for the tyre...

but ppl usualy do folding/knocking... rolling needs a tool, which can be found in only certain tyre shop, which is not cheap...

grind and chop is abit too extreme adi...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'll make it simple:

"---On 2009-07-24 00:44:00.0 You Wrote Us--- My question is this :- Meguiars Slide Lock Detail Brush - The bristle is made of ??

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Meguiars with your product question. The Slide Lock Brush used boar hair for the bristles.
Regards,
Michael Stoops
Customer Care Center | Meguiar's, Inc.
17991 Mitchell S.
Irvine, CA 92614
(800) 854-8073 xt175"

Be warned...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience