Change injector and fuel pump for better top end power(NA setup)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
really similar to my wife then :P
whoa nice passo , oh but then said myvi is always be a myvi. no need to be passo.
didnt understand of JDM lover feeling. :(
Haha! Like her character. Myvi will always be myvi. :rofl:
Sometimes the ladies do make a point that slaps our face hard mentally to give us a wake up moment :rofl:

Is good actually haha! So reminds us to just get a car that really call Civic Type R and not a FD2 with Type R cosmetics :rofl:

Anyway, let's get back to topic.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
seriously? u need performance camshaft before adding more other parts

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
hi im newbie driving Viva 850 mild mod.
Love to track at Sepang and join local event time attack.

Spec:
light crank pulley
Adj cam pulley
Hotbits 3-1
KnN open pod
Denso Ir plugs
Oli cooler
full ultra racing bars
passo caliper with AR rotor
Pro Rs hoses
ATR k-sport tyres

So far response is ok but i need a little more for my top end power

Some mech advised me to change a slightly bigger injector
stock 175cc change to MDH 210cc
Its that method works:hmmmm: coz stock injector cant support when high reving:hmmmm:

If i change the injector. should i change the fuel pump:hmmmm:
I dont mind to change the fuel pump to Walbro since in future i want BOT.

Tq....:proud:
changing your fuel pump & injectors while the whole of the engine head & block, and the ECU is still stock, will be pointless to increase top speed, even if you put on adjustable fuel regulator. at some rpm band point you may gain a lil bit of torque but it will take down torque at some other rpm band - even if you had fuel regulator tuned on the dyno. mostly you'll end up wasting fuel and hotter engine.

changing fuel pump and injector is a step after you manage to increase the engine's :
1. speed of air in-flow and ex-flow of the engine (fully ported cylinder head & valve job, intake and exhaust system alteration), but this has go together with some airfuel ratio management system to the EFI system.
2. rpm band per gear : where stock fuel pressure can't compensate delivery at higher rpm then what it was tuned in the factory.
2. cylinder compression - higher cylinder compression needs more fuel : forced induction / smaller compression area in the cylinder (high comp pistons, skimmed head/block, thinner head gasket) or valve timing alteration (longer duration camshafts).

some other shortcut with has the same or maybe less $$$ spent than all of the above : water-meth injection, like those Snow Performance thing.... or if you reaally want that 20kmh extra top, maybe a good race-grade clutch.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
changing your fuel pump & injectors while the whole of the engine head & block, and the ECU is still stock, will be pointless to increase top speed, even if you put on adjustable fuel regulator. at some rpm band point you may gain a lil bit of torque but it will take down torque at some other rpm band - even if you had fuel regulator tuned on the dyno. mostly you'll end up wasting fuel and hotter engine.

changing fuel pump and injector is a step after you manage to increase the engine's :
1. speed of air in-flow and ex-flow of the engine (fully ported cylinder head & valve job, intake and exhaust system alteration), but this has go together with some airfuel ratio management system to the EFI system.
2. rpm band per gear : where stock fuel pressure can't compensate delivery at higher rpm then what it was tuned in the factory.
2. cylinder compression - higher cylinder compression needs more fuel : forced induction / smaller compression area in the cylinder (high comp pistons, skimmed head/block, thinner head gasket) or valve timing alteration (longer duration camshafts).

some other shortcut with has the same or maybe less $$$ spent than all of the above : water-meth injection, like those Snow Performance thing.... or if you reaally want that 20kmh extra top, maybe a good race-grade clutch.
The snow performance is also something only works if your car is modded more than just mild mods right? IINM it doesn't really have any effect on stock cars.

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
The snow performance is also something only works if your car is modded more than just mild mods right? IINM it doesn't really have any effect on stock cars.
you'll be surprised how this thing works actually even on stock cars. On vacuum controlled actuator - you could actually trade it on for much higher ignition timing tuning which gives a little nudge to hp & torque. Of course putting it in and leaving the engine with stock ignition timing.. it wouldn't be optimized of use. and having a lil meth/pure alcohol injected to your air-fuel mix is... how about higher octane fuel characteristics?

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i know snow performance water meth injection actually made our engine run leaner but cooler thus making more HP. but we need piggyback to make some new mapping in order to optimize the performance rite? thus it would cost few K's to complete that.

awan88

Known Member
Feb 27, 2010
Klang Bukit Raj
i know snow performance water meth injection actually made our engine run leaner but cooler thus making more HP. but we need piggyback to make some new mapping in order to optimize the performance rite? thus it would cost few K's to complete that.
how much would it cost for the snow performance water meth injection kit with installation setup?

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i notice the snow perf. from works is around almost rm 2k.. u gonna need piggyback ECU to tune and the cheapest might be SAFC + dyno tuning = rm 3k ~ 3.5k standby lah..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
you'll be surprised how this thing works actually even on stock cars. On vacuum controlled actuator - you could actually trade it on for much higher ignition timing tuning which gives a little nudge to hp & torque. Of course putting it in and leaving the engine with stock ignition timing.. it wouldn't be optimized of use. and having a lil meth/pure alcohol injected to your air-fuel mix is... how about higher octane fuel characteristics?
i notice the snow perf. from works is around almost rm 2k.. u gonna need piggyback ECU to tune and the cheapest might be SAFC + dyno tuning = rm 3k ~ 3.5k standby lah..
In other words, we still need to get a piggyback ecu to remap it in order to truly benefit from the Snow Methanol right?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A Wira Aeroback and a Kelisa just got broke in and both CD player is gone. BEWARE OF A CAR with number plate BBL 1350 , toyota white, driven by a chinese guy, medium hair, dyed, and this is his 2nd broke in as the 1st time he broke into my Kelisa, clock and a stock cd player gone...broke in LOCATION is at nearby Klang parade, Pelangi Promenade, Jalan Pekan Baru 34, but we can do nothing...there's no police station there.. :mad:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience