Cefiro Club

cgui said:
brother Ong... any news on the grille shipment? there was a cefiro member who contacted me ... Mizi (hope i got your name rite) who is also interested in those grille...

so if the shipment is here or not here yet .. hope u can get ur contact to get at least 2 units ..

thanks man ..

defcon .. its really interesting to read ur technical write up about our feilo .. very interesting i may say ... just a question .. r u anyhow related to the automotive industry? or its just a keen interest in anything with a motor .. i really respect u man .. keep up with the good work ..

i'm also interested in getting a sports steering .. don't quite like momo .. design these days aren't so nice .. i do like NARDI ... but i like Ong's steering wheel from the 2.5 feilo
cgui...next shipment its next week....so will keep an eye for u la...just drop by there...the boss's A32 also convertin to 2.5...hehe

cgui said:
brother Ong... any news on the grille shipment? there was a cefiro member who contacted me ... Mizi (hope i got your name rite) who is also interested in those grille...

so if the shipment is here or not here yet .. hope u can get ur contact to get at least 2 units ..

thanks man ..

defcon .. its really interesting to read ur technical write up about our feilo .. very interesting i may say ... just a question .. r u anyhow related to the automotive industry? or its just a keen interest in anything with a motor .. i really respect u man .. keep up with the good work ..

i'm also interested in getting a sports steering .. don't quite like momo .. design these days aren't so nice .. i do like NARDI ... but i like Ong's steering wheel from the 2.5 feilo

Actually...the closest relationship I've ever had with the automotive industry...is that my brother is a salesman with Perodua... :laugh:

I've always loved cars...ever since I was a kid. I remember seing, for the first time, the Toyota Celica ST162 in KL when I was 17. Told myself that I would buy one someday when I could afford it...and I ended up driving one of the rarest Celicas in the world for 6 years... :smile: I miss that car... :sad:

Anyway...the A32 boss kit does not exist in Malaysia. No accessory shop carries them, and no distributor imports them. The air-bag issue prevented most Cefiro drivers from converting to an aftermarket steering. That's why I'm on my way down to Sg next week to get some...or at least one...for myself... :) Want me to pick one up for you? But you have to let me know if it is A32 or A33...since they are different.

I'd like to see Ong's steering, though. What I need is a 13" wheel. Just like I tune engines, I also tune my own driving, and I drive best with 13" wheels. Also, the suspension has to be just right to optimize my reflexes and skills. Brakes are another issue...I am going to need steel braided brake hoses. Anyone know where I can get them...or know someone who can make them?

All this preparation has helped me many, many times to avoid mishaps. My Celica has the best tuned suspension and brakes system in Sg. We had an ex-Toyota rally driver test it...and he said that it was the best handling Celica he's driven in a long time. That helped me avoid a 15 car pile-up one Chinese New Year. When the accident occurred, we were doing about 100 kmh in the CNY rush/jam, and it was raining. Managed to manouver my car...on full emergency brakes...abs full on...between 2 trucks (I have a thing about trucks... :laugh: )...with about 1" on either side of the wing mirrors. I kid you not! You can ask my bro one of these days as he was in the car with me, and was amazed that we avoided it.

Unfortunately, the guy behind me...young guy who should have had better reflexes...hit me at about 80 kmh. Now, the Celica has Al bumpers front and back which are harder than steel. He basically managed to break my bumper cover, and deform the AL but no more than that. You should have seen his car...a new Honda City. First time I've ever seen a car with both it's front wheels in line with it's radiator... :laugh:. We, on the other hand...drove away...finished our holiday...and got home a week later to have the car repaired.

When we meet for T/T, I'll tell you a bit about how it felt seeing a 5 series Beamer spin out of control about 100m in front of me....and take out 3 other cars in the process...which started the pile up...which ultimately involved about 25 cars in all. I wish I could say that I had nerves of steel...but believe me...my hands shook once I got the Celica stationary... :laugh:

Now, what's this I hear about a grill? I happen to have 2 grills...one is the old 97 grill...the one with the horizontal slits, and the 99 Brougham one which I use... :)

defcon1 said:
I'VE FINALLY MANAGED TO FIND A32 AND A33 BOSS KITS WITHIN EASY REACH!!!!

Only you guys may understand how difficult it is to find any. Tracked a lead down to Singapore...an accessories shop known as Miki Marketing. I understand that some of you may want them as well?

I'll probably be down in Sg next week. So, if you need them, let me know and I will bring some back. Driving down, so easy to slip them past customs.

Cost : S$ 115.00 before GST. I think GST is 5% - 10%. Gotta find out. It's been some time since I actually shopped in Sg.

INTERESTED PARTIES PLEASE POST HERE!

And the charge for my services : 1 large glass of T/T...shaken, not stirred... :laugh:

its quite difficult but bro defcon, me n my friend buy a cefiro bosskit at permas jaya accessories shop called "COSPLUS" i think they got branches at other place right ? 2 diff price made in MY = RM 20++ Made in Japan RM 50+ we just buy n havent install yet so i dono whether really can install or not, we also excited when the shops boss read from the bosskit code shown that bosskit can install on 97 cefiro...............will post once my friend install it coz he buy steering already will fix next week

rival said:
its quite difficult but bro defcon, me n my friend buy a cefiro bosskit at permas jaya accessories shop called "COSPLUS" i think they got branches at other place right ? 2 diff price made in MY = RM 20++ Made in Japan RM 50+ we just buy n havent install yet so i dono whether really can install or not, we also excited when the shops boss read from the bosskit code shown that bosskit can install on 97 cefiro...............will post once my friend install it coz he buy steering already will fix next week

Really?? Please let me know. Permas Jaya is in JB right? If can, can you please ask if they have some more. I want the Made in Japan one 'cos I don't trust that the MY one uses the correct type of AL alloy.

Steering parts manufacture and design is a very complex thing. Do you know that the welding technique for the steering wheel did not exist in Malaysia? At least it didn't 2 years ago when was looking into it... :smile:

Anyway, update on what is happening with my car. I have managed to get my hands on a set of Japan-made racing wheel spacers to push out my wheels a little. My last set of rims, before that fortuitous encounter with that trailer, had 7.5" offset in front, and 8.5" in the rear. My current set is 7" all round. This set of spacers are 1.5" rear and about 0.75" front. Racing type that bolts to the hub, and has studs for the rims. I am a little apprehensive about the front ones, as they may make the wheels stick out a little too much, but we will see... :smile:

I know that local people make them BUT they do not dynamically balance them once made. Japan made ones are properly dynamically balanced before they are sold. This set is used...got it for RM350...probably could have gotten it cheaper, but the seller was a nice guy, and I didn't want to be too tough.

Having them installed today, before my visit to Titan tomorrow as spacers will tend to change the dynamics of the suspension. I'll be there in the morning and expect to be stuck for a few hours. Anyone wanna meet for an informal T/T?... :laugh:

defcon...u really have lots of interesting story ohh...how old r u anyway? :biggrin:

sometimes no matter how careful we are...accidents happen....usually cause by careless or speeding freak...:evil:
would really love to hear those stories....

anyway, this is me current steering:
Redang017.jpg

wont be suitable for u coz its not 13"...:biggrin: taken out from cefiro wagon...

oh yeah...when u r going to do something about ur a32's suspension...let me know coz im really interested with it...im going to find out about the Y-pipe today..hopefully can get good price.

the grille cgui is talking about is from JDM version...
fro.jpg

rival its getting another type from taiwan.

defcon1 said:
Really?? Please let me know. Permas Jaya is in JB right? If can, can you please ask if they have some more. I want the Made in Japan one 'cos I don't trust that the MY one uses the correct type of AL alloy.

Steering parts manufacture and design is a very complex thing. Do you know that the welding technique for the steering wheel did not exist in Malaysia? At least it didn't 2 years ago when was looking into it... :smile:

Anyway, update on what is happening with my car. I have managed to get my hands on a set of Japan-made racing wheel spacers to push out my wheels a little. My last set of rims, before that fortuitous encounter with that trailer, had 7.5" offset in front, and 8.5" in the rear. My current set is 7" all round. This set of spacers are 1.5" rear and about 0.75" front. Racing type that bolts to the hub, and has studs for the rims. I am a little apprehensive about the front ones, as they may make the wheels stick out a little too much, but we will see... :smile:

I know that local people make them BUT they do not dynamically balance them once made. Japan made ones are properly dynamically balanced before they are sold. This set is used...got it for RM350...probably could have gotten it cheaper, but the seller was a nice guy, and I didn't want to be too tough.

Having them installed today, before my visit to Titan tomorrow as spacers will tend to change the dynamics of the suspension. I'll be there in the morning and expect to be stuck for a few hours. Anyone wanna meet for an informal T/T?... :laugh:
haiya....too bad im goin back to ipoh tmr...if not can meet up.
4 pcs of spacer from rm380 its alright for made in japan...i got 2 for my rear n im lookin for another 2 for the front as my current front rim has a +45 offset although its 8.5JJ wide...any more jalan? 1" should be good enough...

what r u goin to install tmr? adjustables?

hey guys ... i'm also looking for wheel spacer lar .. where can i get it .. as usual Ong san .. where to get? got lubang or not?

defcon1 said:
c) The rear torsion bar makes the car handle a little like a truck with a huge turning radius. Also, torsion bar bushings are not replaceable i.e. Tan Chong does not have parts for it and therefore, if ever, we will be forced to replace the entire rear assembly.

hey defcon...just found out that all the bushes on the rear torsion bar r goner when i changed my muffler today. no wonder the ride quality sucks...most of the bush r in half...:sad_smile:

any idea what to do?? i asked my friend he said can change...but u said its not replaceable...how ah??

oh yeah...found out the price for the Y-pipe...RM400/piece for mandrel bent...any quote from ur side?

Still in office...but going back soon. I reply you guys when I get home.

Torsion bar bushings can change meh?...one or two, yes...but the main ones? Nissan part, or aftermarket? If got good aftermarket, let me know. Still, better to get poly ones...a bit stiffer but better in the long run.

JDM Digital Meter

ongteckweng said:
defcon...u really have lots of interesting story ohh...how old r u anyway? :biggrin:

sometimes no matter how careful we are...accidents happen....usually cause by careless or speeding freak...:evil:
would really love to hear those stories....

anyway, this is me current steering:
Redang017.jpg

wont be suitable for u coz its not 13"...:biggrin: taken out from cefiro wagon...

oh yeah...when u r going to do something about ur a32's suspension...let me know coz im really interested with it...im going to find out about the Y-pipe today..hopefully can get good price.

the grille cgui is talking about is from JDM version...
fro.jpg

rival its getting another type from taiwan.

I like the digital meter. Tell me...did it involve re-wiring? Cos our meters do not come with the gear-shift indicator... :smile:

If not...a friend of mine is scrapping his 2.0l in Sg at the end of the year...I might swipe his meter.

Also, he is interested in selling off parts of his car...including doors, panels etc. Any interest can book first. His car is in perfect condition...never involved in an accident...really it's true...they drive sooooo slowly in Sg that nothing ever knocks into anything... :laugh:

ongteckweng said:
haiya....too bad im goin back to ipoh tmr...if not can meet up.
4 pcs of spacer from rm380 its alright for made in japan...i got 2 for my rear n im lookin for another 2 for the front as my current front rim has a +45 offset although its 8.5JJ wide...any more jalan? 1" should be good enough...

what r u goin to install tmr? adjustables?

Hmm..+45 is how many inches? And tomorrow...I am going to install...<insert drum roll here>...nothing... :sad_smile: I forgot it is a public holiday leh...so cannot get anything done... :sad_smile:

Wheel Spacers

ongteckweng said:
got...but how many mm u want?

Can get them machined mah...but only one thing...dynamic balancing...else you will feel some vibrations above 200kmh... :laugh:

ongteckweng said:
hi bro pater...welcome...another a32 gang...hehe

i have a32 with 2.5 engine as well. converted from 3.0...the cost varies as it depends on ur requirement.
there r 2 batches of vq25de..1st gen n 2nd gen...most first gen r cefiro sedan while 2nd gen comes in cefiro wagon version....

of course price diff. between 1-2k just for the halfcuts....for 1st gen, the mileage its higher, usually over 150,000km...the bodyparts r the same so u dont need them. even the interior r the same...should cost u around rm3.5k++ just for the engine stuffs

for the 2nd gen, they have diff bodyparts n lower mileage...usually below 100,000km. the diff its on the headlamp (smoked) bumper, grille n fenders (no signal light)...while the interior has smoked n electronic meter. some even comes with touch screen aircon controller...:evil: but its rare! price around rm4.5k to rm5.5k

as for workmanship...its around rm1.5rm to 1.8k++ including new belts, engine oil, ATF, filters etc...i can recommend good shop if u r interested...
hopefully to c u soon...hehe

thank u brother fr ur information. between, wats the TT date n time? where's the place since i just got my feilo, bt the tyre only 15' michelin :( somemore is botak 1......havent decide to change which brand of tyres, any recommend?

since michelin is quite expensive. any other good 1 bt cheaper as well?? n how much fr changing the gear box oil? tang chong service is better or need go outside foreman?

any other thing need to take care since my car is a 2nd hand car, register in 2002 january, milrage is 56k bt dont know those ppl got adjust the milrage bfr o no.....all the sifu, pls help....

defcon1 said:
I like the digital meter. Tell me...did it involve re-wiring? Cos our meters do not come with the gear-shift indicator... :smile:

If not...a friend of mine is scrapping his 2.0l in Sg at the end of the year...I might swipe his meter.

Also, he is interested in selling off parts of his car...including doors, panels etc. Any interest can book first. His car is in perfect condition...never involved in an accident...really it's true...they drive sooooo slowly in Sg that nothing ever knocks into anything... :laugh:
im pretty sure its diff set of wiring...coz i have everything installed from the halfcut....but im not 100% sure its the same with our current or not...probably its diff...

if ur friend its selling parts...i need few stuffs...but depends how much he wanna sells la...i need the electric antenna...front bonnet absorbers...door panels if it is black in colour (mine have cuts on some of it)....crystal h/lamp...rear passenger door's vacum rubber(on the body)...:biggrin:...but how r we goin to get those stuffs? hehehe...

defcon1 said:
Hmm..+45 is how many inches? And tomorrow...I am going to install...<insert drum roll here>...nothing... :sad_smile: I forgot it is a public holiday leh...so cannot get anything done... :sad_smile:
defcon...+45 its the offset of the rims...

WHAT IS OFFSET?
The offset of a wheel is the distance from the mounting surface of the wheel to the true centerline of the rim. A positive offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is positioned in front of the true centerline of the rim / tire assembly. This in effect brings the tire in to the fender well more. Conversely, a negative offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is behind the true centerline of the rim / tire assembly. This will cause the tire to stick out away from the vehicle.

source: http://www.1010tires.com/tech.asp

btw, the JDM grille its around rm200

patersonia said:
thank u brother fr ur information. between, wats the TT date n time? where's the place since i just got my feilo, bt the tyre only 15' michelin :( somemore is botak 1......havent decide to change which brand of tyres, any recommend?

since michelin is quite expensive. any other good 1 bt cheaper as well?? n how much fr changing the gear box oil? tang chong service is better or need go outside foreman?

any other thing need to take care since my car is a 2nd hand car, register in 2002 january, milrage is 56k bt dont know those ppl got adjust the milrage bfr o no.....all the sifu, pls help....
bro pater...no prob..glad another a32 buddy here...
for tyres..none can beat klang's prices...especially Hing Leong along Jln Kapar. one of the cheapest in Malaysia!! :biggrin:

depends what u want and ur budget...i think for standard size, price range from rm250 to over rm350...

as for ur mileage...best its to check ur service book...or TC if they have any of ur car's record...without the service book...it is likely ur car's mileage has been tempered...its easy for reduced the numbers...saw those buggers did it b4...

probably go for full service @ TC...they r the experts....if u want a piece of mind..go ther every 10,000 intervals...for engine oil + filters...any mech can do it for u...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom