Cefiro Club

A little crude..but it would work. I'd much rather have someone make me an aluminium adaptor. Just a plate with a circle bored through it..and weld a short 2" cylinder onto it to attach the air filter. Then line the edges of the adaptor with double sided tape to seal it and screw it in... much neater and more presentable... :smile:

defcon1 said:
A little crude..but it would work. I'd much rather have someone make me an aluminium adaptor. Just a plate with a circle bored through it..and weld a short 2" cylinder onto it to attach the air filter. Then line the edges of the adaptor with double sided tape to seal it and screw it in... much neater and more presentable... :smile:
maybe a group buy 2....hehehe

ongteckweng said:
maybe a group buy 2....hehehe

Or have a chat with Uncle Richard...since I am sure he has the welding equipment to do it...lol...poor man... :laugh:

Alternatively, you can install pipes to guide fresh air into the open port filter.
Just like now Volvo did it. installing fins behind the grill to catch air and channel it to the air intake box. I buy this as CAI.

But...any air you vent AWAY from your radiator will have an effect on cooling...

Ong, thanks for ur info. Any sifu here can give me some answer? Y uncle richard said if install the shock for me but no need to install the strut bar? is it not necessery? thanks!!

brian23 said:
Ong, thanks for ur info. Any sifu here can give me some answer? Y uncle richard said if install the shock for me but no need to install the strut bar? is it not necessery? thanks!!

Hi...

Strut bars are your personal choice. Their function is to stiffen up the suspension by not allowing the absorbers/chasis to flex when you are taking corners. Whenever you take a corner at speed...the weight of the car transfers to the inner wheel. This causes the absorber mount, and the general area that holds the struts to flex marginally. Strut bars will tend to distribute the force evenly across the chasis and struts. This will reduce the amount of flex, improving the handling significantly.

Remember that all race cars are prepared by "seam welding" to stiffen up the chasis for improved control. The stiffer the chasis, the better the handling. Strut bars are just one of the necessary components to good handling, since we can't all afford to seam weld our cars. The best strut bars have at least 3 points of attachment...the two strut pillars and the firewall. Those across only the strut pillars will distribute the force across the two struts...whereas an attachment to the firewall transfers force across the chasis. I think you can get the general picture... :)

Hey Ong,

I think we have enough interest in the Y-pipe to interest some hard working exhaust man. You wanna get some quotes? I will also scout around to see if I can find someone willing to do... :)

defcon1 said:
Hey Ong,

I think we have enough interest in the Y-pipe to interest some hard working exhaust man. You wanna get some quotes? I will also scout around to see if I can find someone willing to do... :)
will try and ask the guy in sri gombak and let u know...in the mean time..do scout around 2...thanks!

A32/a33 Boss Kits

I'VE FINALLY MANAGED TO FIND A32 AND A33 BOSS KITS WITHIN EASY REACH!!!!

Only you guys may understand how difficult it is to find any. Tracked a lead down to Singapore...an accessories shop known as Miki Marketing. I understand that some of you may want them as well?

I'll probably be down in Sg next week. So, if you need them, let me know and I will bring some back. Driving down, so easy to slip them past customs.

Cost : S$ 115.00 before GST. I think GST is 5% - 10%. Gotta find out. It's been some time since I actually shopped in Sg.

INTERESTED PARTIES PLEASE POST HERE!

And the charge for my services : 1 large glass of T/T...shaken, not stirred... :laugh:

Last edited:
defcon1 said:
I'VE FINALLY MANAGED TO FIND A32 AND A33 BOSS KITS WITHIN EASY REACH!!!!

Only you guys may understand how difficult it is to find any. Tracked a lead down to Singapore...an accessories shop known as Miki Marketing. I understand that some of you may want them as well?

I'll probably be down in Sg next week. So, if you need them, let me know and I will bring some back. Driving down, so easy to slip them past customs.

Cost : S$ 115.00 before GST. I think GST is 5% - 10%. Gotta find out. It's been some time since I actually shopped in Sg.

INTERESTED PARTIES PLEASE POST HERE!

And the charge for my services : 1 large glass of T/T...shaken, not stirred... :laugh:
defcon...i think all feilos here like to remain their airbag...including myself...:biggrin:

ongteckweng said:
defcon...i think all feilos here like to remain their airbag...including myself...:biggrin:

Heh...I've actually seen the A32 airbag...pitiful little thing...and only on the driver's side. It's more a gimmick to include the accessory to sell the car than any use...especially considering it's only about 12" in diameter...less than the diameter of the steering wheel.

I prefer to NOT have it in the way when I try to save myself... :smile:

I intend to change the steering from 14" to 13", giving myself about 0.1 sec reflex advantage...enough for me to miss 40 footer trailers... :laugh:

defcon1 said:
Heh...I've actually seen the A32 airbag...pitiful little thing...and only on the driver's side. It's more a gimmick to include the accessory to sell the car than any use...especially considering it's only about 12" in diameter...less than the diameter of the steering wheel.

I prefer to NOT have it in the way when I try to save myself... :smile:

I intend to change the steering from 14" to 13", giving myself about 0.1 sec reflex advantage...enough for me to miss 40 footer trailers... :laugh:
newer batch have 2 airbags...i think from 1999 onwards..excimo n brougham..

thanks for ur explanation. just now i went titan, the design of the shock is very good. the rod of the shock is big enof. i think titan is the best choice.

ongteckweng said:
newer batch have 2 airbags...i think from 1999 onwards..excimo n brougham..

I am a strong advocate of safety...and air-bags are an important part of the safety features of these cars.

I can only speak for myself in the matter of the 1997 A32 airbag. I believe the system my car is equipped with to be inadequate, hence useless. So, I've decided instead to improve control by installing a slightly smaller steering and giving myself more manouverability, which improves safety as well.

Also, sports steerings...the REAL sports steerings are ergonomically designed so that they feel nice and firm...also important to both reflex and control. Not to mention they look cool...but that's irrelevant...NOT!... :laugh:

defcon1 said:
I am a strong advocate of safety...and air-bags are an important part of the safety features of these cars.

I can only speak for myself in the matter of the 1997 A32 airbag. I believe the system my car is equipped with to be inadequate, hence useless. So, I've decided instead to improve control by installing a slightly smaller steering and giving myself more manouverability, which improves safety as well.

Also, sports steerings...the REAL sports steerings are ergonomically designed so that they feel nice and firm...also important to both reflex and control. Not to mention they look cool...but that's irrelevant...NOT!... :laugh:
something like MOMO and NARDI?? :biggrin:

ongteckweng said:
something like MOMO and NARDI?? :biggrin:

Exactly! Don't say anything to the wife. I'm telling her that I am spending a few hundred bucks on a "safety feature", so she should appreciate that I think of the family and don't waste money...lol... :laugh:

defcon1 said:
Exactly! Don't say anything to the wife. I'm telling her that I am spending a few hundred bucks on a "safety feature", so she should appreciate that I think of the family and don't waste money...lol... :laugh:
but to them...they tot sports steering r just fro look purpose :biggrin:

i prefer NARDI to MOMO...especially the 3 spoke NARDI...

brother Ong... any news on the grille shipment? there was a cefiro member who contacted me ... Mizi (hope i got your name rite) who is also interested in those grille...

so if the shipment is here or not here yet .. hope u can get ur contact to get at least 2 units ..

thanks man ..

defcon .. its really interesting to read ur technical write up about our feilo .. very interesting i may say ... just a question .. r u anyhow related to the automotive industry? or its just a keen interest in anything with a motor .. i really respect u man .. keep up with the good work ..

i'm also interested in getting a sports steering .. don't quite like momo .. design these days aren't so nice .. i do like NARDI ... but i like Ong's steering wheel from the 2.5 feilo

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom