Car lights, long rant.

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
<long rant>

Havent posted on ZTH for a long long time, but not sure where can I rant, this might offend a lot of drivers here as well, so if you have sand in your vag, dont read further.

Malaysian drivers are bad, that isnt news. What's intriguing is that many are ignorant, and are proud to show it off.

Do tell, how does anyone who is capable of passing driver's ed have no idea on which lights do what?

Front fog lights, as the name implies, are to be used in foggy or low visibility situations. A good benchmark is about 1.5 cars length visibility. There are many arguments for it's use, including lighting up the immediate front of the car, projecting more light on the road, or so that other drivers can see your car better.

In a city, clear conditions, with streetlamps and moderate speeds, you must an idiot of gigantic proportions to use your fog lamps. Even more so those who use the rear fog as well. Of course, do not forget those who use the parking lamp (not dipped beam) with fogs on.

Car manufacturers do not generally spend time designing the cutoff for foglights, they just place and aim it low. Fog lamps generally produce more glare than a proper headlamp for a good reason. It is so that the immediate front area of the car is lit because that's all the driver needs when he is driving slowly in bad visibility conditions. Using fog lamps in clear conditions only create glare for other road users. Try to notice a proper german car that has it's fog's on the next time (the e60 bmw is a good example), you'll see that with the dipped beam and fogs on, the fogs just spreads light all over the place, creating glare, while the dipped beams are more "focused".

People who install fog lamps pointing up belong in a tool box. People who use "blue bulbs" or any contraptions to make their fogs look blue/purple should be shot for population control. People who use fog lamps in broad daylight shouldnt be born in the first place. It is in my view that proper fog lamps are only to be in selective yellow. If my car didnt come with fog lamps standard, I wouldnt bother choosing them because, seriously, when was the last time there was such a bad fog in malaysia that you really NEED one?

Many car adverts nowadays show pics of the cars with their fogs on, I dont know why, but they seem to think that customers like it, and sadly, they are right!

I know some cars like the Vw Golf MKV will "reset" the fog switch everytime the lights are turned off, and that eliminates the chances of accidentally leaving the fogs on. However, even with that, system, you still see many golf gtis running about with fogs on, it really says alot about the driver, dont it?

Hazard lights, emergency lights, double blinkers/indicators, however you want to call them, are to be used only in emergencies. Double parking to buy 4D isnt an emergency, neither is a convoy (regardless if it's just a leisure drive, a wedding, or funeral). I've seen many drivers along Kesas who like to park their cars on the emergency lane with double blinkers on. Just because a guy with a flat can park there to fix his flat with emergency lights on does not mean that it's a parking spot. If you have no reason to be on the emergency lane, then get the fark out. I can understand that certain people assume it's "cool" to gather a few friends, parked together by the roadside, and all with emergency lights on as if they are in the latest F&F movie and something is about to "get down".

A full/high beam is used only when there is no car infront of you (like in a deserted highway/route). Just because you cant see properly doesnt mean you can drive with high beams on as it means you are just being a cunt. And please dont use full beams in rain, it makes things worst with all the reflection/refraction.

</long rant>

If any of you agree with my rant above, please do relay it to your friends, loved ones, favorite car club, unker down by the street...

Comments & compliments welcomed.
Criticisms if any, can be shoved up your human exhaust pipe because I dont care to listen.

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
I need to say this:

Yes fog lamps have their sole purpose but the problem in our god forbid beloved country Msia is that cars are fitted with those fog lamps despite d lack of fog conditions in our weather, thats unless u live in cameron/frasers/genting. So most of us think, what do we do with it since our cars are already equipped? Turn it on of course! It allows better visibility at night especially while looking out for our famed pot holes. Well mostly that's what i'd do if i had fog lamps fitted.

But i do hav a pet peev, idiots who turn on their rear fog lights permanently!F**K u its bloody distracting! In fact i saw an idiot who did just that driving an E60!! talk about money without brains...uh...

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
I can still accept fog lamps.
I can even accept old uncles or aunties having their rear fog lamps on, because they have absolutely no idea what the hell it is. Thats fine.

But I really cannot tahan these people in their second hand de-badged BMW 318s or Vios or Myvi or whatever with their RM300 HIDs from their headlamps, fog lamps, additional lamps or whatever more all turned on and blazing at me from the opposite direction or behind.

Dude. What the ****? Its not the 90's. HIDs are no longer expensive. Thats not class. We're not envious. You're just inconsiderate.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hie guys..

i have this prob long time ago but left it untouched until i tot of it lately..

u know.. wiras with proton stock alarm will have a blinking LED when de alarm is armed. So when i 1st got my car.. i changed the LED to blue wan.. but not long after dat.. now its not blinking anymore.. i mean no light at all..

i have checked.. its not de LED not functioning... so anyone here know wats de prob ah? where is de stock alarm unit? anyone deal with this prob b4?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience