Can Malaysian build 8. sec. drag car!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

djp0is0n

Feb 16, 2004
I believe can la..... some hickups here and there... but it'll be ready soon.... :P

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
i think someone ought to find and bring down that 120y from sabah la. SR20DET with full drag spec... only got 2 gear... 1 and 2.... hehe...

:D

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
yeah,that sunny 120y with m/t tyres and 2 speed automatic gearbox from sabah. most ppl ignore fast cars from here..no need to mention lah.afterward ppl said only talk2..then dare if fast bring to sepang lah...

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
20vTurbo

i will try and pursuade the owner. we might need some sponsors to bring the car over to Sepang though... probably some workshops to store it and tune it.

dude.. the car... dunno la... i think 8 secs is possible.. very angry car... hehe... only those who've seen the car and heard how the engine screams passed 7000rpm, knows that it's not something u wanna play with everyday. ;)

btw, from my knowledge, the car cost the owner RM1200... but the modifications runs as high as RM90k. hehe :blink:

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
but yet,u only see that car in the darkness of night,at lintas highway...people ignore lot's of good tuner..example,stanley chin from a.r. autotech.people was busy and confirm that jun gtr will sapu all,but yet,a small old model mirage colt with alcohol can do nearly 10 second...lot's of low profile people around malaysia.give them chance,exposure...i believe we can...

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
8 sec car? easy. We here in Malaysia got so many wrecked, trashed, unwanted old light-weight cars like Datsun and et cetera, but problem is, we need halfcut shop to start shipping in as many later generation rotor engines possible, then we can start putting our hands on plonking in rotary engine into these light cars and working with big turbo.

The rest of the mods, everyone knows the answer, slicks la, dog box, bla bla bla.

The majority 8sec cars in Australia are done by these old light cars with newer series 13B engines. Its simply, putting in the most powerful engine into the lightest chassis. Dont just work on powerful engines with the newer heavier chassis cars.

djp0is0n

Feb 16, 2004
Originally posted by edgar_raphael@Jan 4 2005, 10:46
8 sec car? easy. We here in Malaysia got so many wrecked, trashed, unwanted old light-weight cars like Datsun and et cetera, but problem is, we need halfcut shop to start shipping in as many later generation rotor engines possible, then we can start putting our hands on plonking in rotary engine into these light cars and working with big turbo.

The rest of the mods, everyone knows the answer, slicks la, dog box, bla bla bla.

The majority 8sec cars in Australia are done by these old light cars with newer series 13B engines. Its simply, putting in the most powerful engine into the lightest chassis. Dont just work on powerful engines with the newer heavier chassis cars.
dude :P
we aldi have one in the works...... still some technical fine tuning to be done and I should think you'll see it more often in this year's drag series.

Oh ya fellas......Instead of ketukking our local drag scene and praising oversea legs, give thanks that there are still sponsors willing to bear the HIGH costs of running these events let alone a car.. lol

To be at PAR with those kinda drag monsters whos times are low 6s, 7s overseas you must have a thick (and I mean thick) wallet la.... summore local sponsors not very interested *sigh* :(

Sometimes I wonder.... They can put an ass that has never won an F3 title to F1 class and that moron couldn't even qualify but then they won't sponsor the duo who won the Asian Rally Title God knows how many times over & over again..... So sad la... cheh.... :angry:

kelisa187

Known Member
Mar 30, 2004
Visit site
yeah..karamjit rules....
heard him retired oledi.y ahh?

zamans98

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
same old issue:

Money Rules.
Mod = Money, No Money = No Power. No Power = No 9sec. No good driver = No 8 sec.

Basis still goes to RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM RM

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
hi,

this topis seems really interesting...as what i think, to built an 8sec draster, no doubt $$ comes in first before any other thing..
in order to make that $$ into a monster dragster, you need to gather the BEST tuner, engine builder, chasis setup fella, and of course the driver (like 2jz mentioned) to work together... :)
other then the task of finding these miracle ppl, experience is the other thing that you won be able to buy with $$$, not like ferrari.. :lol:
engine and transmission need to be rebuilt every 2~3 races running at 8sec, that's whole laods of money and time consume...imagine the R33 that ran 7.6sec, how long the engine was used before it was taken out to rebuilt everytime? 45-55mins if you guys know(including the idling time)..this info was provided by HKS thailand as the R33 is there ready for a debut run in thailand this year...
if the 120Y in sabah can do 8sec, that's WOW!!!.... :blink:

we in SpeedD has got the 2005 drag car ready last week..now running in on the dyno everyday and should be here in kl next 2 weeks..aiming to do 9s though, not 8s....if talking about the budget, it takes about 180k!!

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by tony5050@Jan 5 2005, 12:38

if the 120Y in sabah can do 8sec, that's WOW!!!.... :blink:

tony

i don't know if it'll run 8s but it sure got the setup though. the rear axle was completely customized items ordered from US. eventhough it maintain the standard body form, underneath there's a lot of tube frames running here and there. quite impressive i must say.

SR20DET pumping 600+ horses plus 2 bottles of 100 shot nitrous.... yumm yumm... recipe for disaster. hehehe.. :D

btw, yep the engine has been rebuilt a couple of times. that's why the owner doesn't really run the car unless absolutely necessary. ;)

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
topui,

wow..that's really nice to hear..at least we are doin oour best nowsaday huh.. :)
a four-link rear axle setup must be there..

anyway,
there is another matter that i would like to mention here...hehehe/..just was me went to the usual machine shop around in the USJ, i realise that we do need MUCH MUCH better machine shop around in KL for us to built an 8s...hehehe..but "Triangle" in Bt Caves is so far the best (as in best equipped) i found so far... :)

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by tony5050@Jan 5 2005, 16:15
topui,

wow..that's really nice to hear..at least we are doin oour best nowsaday huh.. :)
a four-link rear axle setup must be there..

anyway,
there is another matter that i would like to mention here...hehehe/..just was me went to the usual machine shop around in the USJ, i realise that we do need MUCH MUCH better machine shop around in KL for us to built an 8s...hehehe..but "Triangle" in Bt Caves is so far the best (as in best equipped) i found so far... :)
u mean triangle in taman industry bolton?

yep.. they are the best. my mech used to be in front of their premises... so... very easy to go and customized of machined anything. hehehe

haaaaa... that's the thing.. 4 link rear axle. something like mike willan or something... hehehe..
:lol:

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
topui,i have take a peek at his axle..it's mark williams is it? australian dragsters
mostly use this brand for their car, never expect a car as far in sabah to use it.and he even use 2 speed powerglide auto transmission for his car too right topui?too bad,andrew probably will not bring his monster to sepang..i am pretty sure bout this.look at mr ringo,even viswork sponsored him..maybe speedD considered sponsoring him..heheheh..such a waste if the car just play in the middle of night in k.k road with that kind of setup.

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
20vturbo

haa... that's it la i think. hehehe.. anyway, i'm back in sabah. will try and lepak with stanley this weekend. hehehe ya man... 2 speed transmission. just 1 and 2 only. didn't u see the 2 laffing gas? hehehe... maybe it was out of the car. hehehe

yaaaa.. Speed D!!! please sponsor andrew 120y!!! hehehehehe how how? or...sponsor stanley U10 coupe ca18det! hehehe...

;)

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
just sponsor the cargo and transportation cost,then he will run under speed d name..hehe.don't think so lah.

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
topui&20V,

ai ya..how we sponsor him la, even our own car also still short of funding mah..hehe..
by the way, would you guys be able to post some pics of the car, would really really like to see it..thanks oh
:)

HP Gila

Dec 16, 2004
Originally posted by 20vturbo@Jan 5 2005, 20:13
topui,i have take a peek at his axle..it's mark williams is it? australian dragsters
mostly use this brand for their car, never expect a car as far in sabah to use it.and he even use 2 speed powerglide auto transmission for his car too right topui?too bad,andrew probably will not bring his monster to sepang..i am pretty sure bout this.look at mr ringo,even viswork sponsored him..maybe speedD considered sponsoring him..heheheh..such a waste if the car just play in the middle of night in k.k road with that kind of setup.
Ringo? Is he the top Sabah drag racer? His VIS RX7 have also cut d rear frame with bigger axle and M/T tires. Although he totally copied D Australian 8 sec.drag technology so far best ET is 11.xx sec.in 04 Sepang drag; and he seem difficult to beat the more balance street driven A31 Cefiro with RB26 engine.
It should be interesting to see how d Sabah racing parts Fitters modified d Sunny B310 to achieve 8 sec.in Sepang 1/4 mile drag!

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
ringgo? top in sabah? hehe.. maybe 10 years ago i think. hehehe...

even so, i haven't heard or seen anyone beating the 120y. dude... don't cabar them la... really HP GILER! hehehe.. :lol:

btw, have u ask mr. White cefiro where he got technical specs for his drag suspensions? one of sabah dude guide him thru it, that's what i heard. ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hiii... im new here and new in modification on waja...is someone install f/reg and oil catch tank on your engines?? relly help your engines???:smokin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience