Camry duo vvti

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hello,

i looked at an animation video of camry engine and it says duo vvti. There are 4 pistons. So, this is a V4 engine only?

Is v4 able to produce v6 power? are all camries or altis v4 only?

regards
Richard

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
what's the problem for inline 4 engine generate more power and more torque than inline 6 or v6?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
its an inline 4, with vvti pulley for both intake and exhaust cams, like the nissan neo vvl

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
You think there is difference in output between 4-cylinder and 6-cylinder engine with identical cubic capacity?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You think there is difference in output between 4-cylinder and 6-cylinder engine with identical cubic capacity?
shouldn't be. difference would come down to technology e.g. vvti, campro etc.
a 2L 4 cylinder engine today would produce more output than a 2L 4 cylinder engine from 30 years ago.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hello,

i looked at an animation video of camry engine and it says duo vvti. There are 4 pistons. So, this is a V4 engine only?

Is v4 able to produce v6 power? are all camries or altis v4 only?

regards
Richard
Dual vvt-i on camry in used on an inline 4 engine. Means it has vvti on intake and exhaust side instead of the conventional intake only.

Dual vvt-i can be tuned to produced more power and torque such as that used in the 3S-GE BEAMS or maybe just a slight increase in power like the one in the Dual vvt-i altis. The output of the dual vvt-i altis is nothing groundbreaking for modern 2.0L engines. But even slight increase in power, you may feel that it has a lot more because of the "usable powerband". Besides increase power, it can shift the torque to whenever you need it. So using the engine is much more flexible and relaxing.

what's the problem for inline 4 engine generate more power and more torque than inline 6 or v6?
I would say a V6 can generate more power. Why? Although the cubic capacity is the same. So torque would be more or less similar. But V6 are known for their rev hapiness and hungryness. They are more willing to rev to high revs and they can do it more easily than I4 engines. As we know, engines that can rev higher make more power although the torque may remain similar. That's why V6 generally have higher redline. One example to note is the comparison between a 4G92 (redline around 6k rpm) and a 6A10 (redline at 7k rpm)

But because of this high revving nature, there is a drawback as well. Generally, V6 have their peak torque occuring later in the rpm range. SO you need to rev it a bit to get the GO. Very nice for highways though... Ever heard people say perdana very syiok for highway drive?

V6 also make more power due to the smoothness... When an engine is more smooth and stable and has less vibration, it revs up more easily...

Last edited:

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
Thank you very much to all the Sifus for spending time to reply and advise.
I very much appreciated your efforts.

Can I say V6 consumes more fuel than a V4 both of the same capacity? The extra power of V6 comes from more fuel consumption right?

regards
Richard

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Thank you very much to all the Sifus for spending time to reply and advise.
I very much appreciated your efforts.

Can I say V6 consumes more fuel than a V4 both of the same capacity? The extra power of V6 comes from more fuel consumption right?

regards
Richard
Bro,

Once again, I believe you are referring to Inline-4 or straight-4 or I4 in short. Not V4. V4 engines are super rare in cars and more commonly found in bikes. If we consume the capacity, V6 consumes slightly more. But not because of more power. More power doesn't necessarily means consumes more fuel. But V6 consumes more fuel due to:

i. Generally, they make torque at a higher rev. Thus there is the need to work it harder.

ii. More mechanical/rotating parts. camshafts, valves, valve springs, pulleys. Thus there are more frictional losses.

iii. Heavier.

However, as the engine capacity increases, the fuel economy differences between I4 and V6 diminishes due to the "optimum capacity" of I4 engines being exceeded. I4 engines have a treshold max capacity where if it is exceeded, the efficiency decreases due to it being unstable. Most engineers agree that this treshold is 2.0 L. But thanks to modern engineering and engine balancing, nowadays the limit can be stretched to 2.4L and beyond.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Yeah those ugly looking wedding dresses are definitely v4 engines...

Moderator help lol...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The increasing numbers of hybrid vehicles on public roads is a blessing but that also increases the chances of one being involved in an accident and if mishandled during rescue efforts, the high voltage electrical system could bring about further peril instead.

With that in mind, Honda Malaysia recently brought together selected government agencies for a safety talk on the subject of handling and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience