Buy a used car

Because track days, SIC no trees, on tarmac, not windy, exhaust, decatted cars... :rofl:

Like that also can? Din't know that SIC is not windy because that place seems to be very wide open.

The clutch pedal should have some free play, means when you step on the pedal the first one to two cm does not activate the clutch yet. Something like loose feel, hope you understand....:biggrin:

I get it now. The clutch on my car now is rather weird compared to conventional clutches. It is like, when you let go a bit, the car doesn't really move much but it kept vibrating as if like the engine is almost going to get stalled. Like the clutch biting point is very little. Let go a bit more, straight away the engine will get stalled. So, every time also I need to press on the accelerator a bit only the car can move nicely without those vibrations. My uncle who was using the car previously, told me that he ask the mechanic to set it up like that to improve pickup. Is there such a thing? :confused:

Like that also can? Din't know that SIC is not windy because that place seems to be very wide open.

I get it now. The clutch on my car now is rather weird compared to conventional clutches. It is like, when you let go a bit, the car doesn't really move much but it kept vibrating as if like the engine is almost going to get stalled. Like the clutch biting point is very little. Let go a bit more, straight away the engine will get stalled. So, every time also I need to press on the accelerator a bit only the car can move nicely without those vibrations. My uncle who was using the car previously, told me that he ask the mechanic to set it up like that to improve pickup. Is there such a thing? :confused:

Nothing to do with pickup. He basically reduced the clutch release position to release much earlier. Mine was setup higher so I could play balancing with more pedal travel. It's a personal preference but it doesn't do anything to improve performance.

It is like that. The vibration is due to the clutch plate rubbing against the pressure plate and flywheel. It is at the point of first contact thereafter when you release more that is full contact.
The free play is to adjust the height/place of this contact. More free play, means the moment you release the pedal it is at place of contact already, and less free play means you have to release more of the clutch pedal to get point of contact....:biggrin:

For me, I prefer more free play. I want the clutch to be on contact the moment I release the clutch pedal slightly....

Nothing to do with pickup. He basically reduced the clutch release position to release much earlier. Mine was setup higher so I could play balancing with more pedal travel. It's a personal preference but it doesn't do anything to improve performance.

Several people tried driving my car and most of them ended up stalling the car upon their first or second try to move the car. Even two fellows on tyre shop who are trying to drive my car to the machine that jack up the car stalled it. Unusual. Don't press on throttle, very very easy will stall the car.

It is like that. The vibration is due to the clutch plate rubbing against the pressure plate and flywheel. It is at the point of first contact thereafter when you release more that is full contact.
The free play is to adjust the height/place of this contact. More free play, means the moment you release the pedal it is at place of contact already, and less free play means you have to release more of the clutch pedal to get point of contact....:biggrin:

For me, I prefer more free play. I want the clutch to be on contact the moment I release the clutch pedal slightly....

I think mine is more free play. Release a bit can feel the car vibrating already. Release slightly more after vibration, sure stall unless the throttle pedal is pressed.

Several people tried driving my car and most of them ended up stalling the car upon their first or second try to move the car. Even two fellows on tyre shop who are trying to drive my car to the machine that jack up the car stalled it. Unusual. Don't press on throttle, very very easy will stall the car.

I think mine is more free play. Release a bit can feel the car vibrating already. Release slightly more after vibration, sure stall unless the throttle pedal is pressed.

So your clutch is low that is why many stall it on their first drive.....:biggrin:

Nowadays more auto mah!.....hahahahha

Ah, this trend is terrible. But at Ipoh you still can find a lot of manual.

Another funny thing is, I let two friends of mine tried to drive my car before for a short distance and they manage to get the car moving on first try without stalling it. A surprise because these two friends of mine said they have not been driving manual for 2 or 3 years which is the time when they are taking their driving test.

Maybe those who can drive manual just estimated wrongly when they release the clutch thinking it is like most usual ones. :biggrin:

Another funny thing is, I let two friends of mine tried to drive my car before for a short distance and they manage to get the car moving on first try without stalling it. A surprise because these two friends of mine said they have not been driving manual for 2 or 3 years which is the time when they are taking their driving test.

Maybe those who can drive manual just estimated wrongly when they release the clutch thinking it is like most usual ones. :biggrin:

Shit, I have not been driving manual for the past 8 years :rofl:

Borrow one from friends, lol. But you're at KL, got reason why don't use manual because always jam only. Come to place like Ipoh, no need worry about jam. Always got clear roads as well for you to accelerate. :biggrin:

Borrow one from friends, lol. But you're at KL, got reason why don't use manual because always jam only. Come to place like Ipoh, no need worry about jam. Always got clear roads as well for you to accelerate. :biggrin:

Not really cuz of jam only actually. Cuz started with family car also AT. But a lot said convert L2, MT is better. Still will be in dilemma when time comes. But then if gf not touching the mousedeer, might as well just go for manual.

Not really cuz of jam only actually. Cuz started with family car also AT. But a lot said convert L2, MT is better. Still will be in dilemma when time comes. But then if gf not touching the mousedeer, might as well just go for manual.

You want GF using turbo mousedeer? :adore: Later at street pssshhh~ ppsssshhh BOV sound.

Last time my friend brought me for a ride in his dad's Legacy turbo with BOV. That time we are just 19 years old only, so you know how young we looked. He pass by housing area or stop at traffic light also got people stare at us in the car probably because of the loud BOV sound. His Legacy is auto la, I don't know why.

You want GF using turbo mousedeer? :adore: Later at street pssshhh~ ppsssshhh BOV sound.

Last time my friend brought me for a ride in his dad's Legacy turbo with BOV. That time we are just 19 years old only, so you know how young we looked. He pass by housing area or stop at traffic light also got people stare at us in the car probably because of the loud BOV sound. His Legacy is auto la, I don't know why.

Wah, if she drive then good la, get down from the car ppl would stare at her like she is somewhat girl car modder :rofl:

Aiya, wait till transplanted only talk :rofl:

Wah, if she drive then good la, get down from the car ppl would stare at her like she is somewhat girl car modder :rofl:

Aiya, wait till transplanted only talk :rofl:

But actually you are the real modder. :biggrin:

Transplant already you want put BOV or not? Or remain stock?

But actually you are the real modder. :biggrin:

Transplant already you want put BOV or not? Or remain stock?

After transplant I'll just drive with what the half cut has. Want to get use to it before doing any other mods or upgrades. Necessary things would be the fuel regulator.

So there are pros in buying a used car. U can do whatever u want :biggrin: Best if pay by cash, no more installment to pay monthly :biggrin:

Probably they were more careful and release slowly....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

I am sure he cannot drive manual already....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

My son and daughter drives manual (Hyundai), and both drives the VR too....:biggrin:

Probably they were more careful and release slowly....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

I am sure he cannot drive manual already....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

My son and daughter drives manual (Hyundai), and both drives the VR too....:biggrin:

I remember how to operate but just about how many times the car will stall only :rofl:

Top Bottom