BMW M5 Concept breaks cover

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Here are some leaked photos of the BMW M5 Concept that will take center stage at the Shanghai Motor Show later this month. Of course by using the ‘concept’ theme in the naming, it’s merely BMW’s way of saying that this is exactly what the production car will look like but probably minus the black wheels. It also means that the official details such as power and performance figures will follow later.

Nonetheless, some details are already common knowledge courtesy of Chris Harris’ first impression done for Evo magazine that divulged some light on the underpinnings of the F10 M5.

The twin-turbo V8 mill up front is the exact same one as used in the X6M and X5M but will be tuned for a higher output, giving it more than the current 546hp it makes in the X vehicles. Cog swapping will be via a seven-speed DCT although there has been some whispers that a manual will be available for the North American market. A number of selectable driving modes will be available that includes Comfort, Sport, Sport-Plus and the balls-to-the-walls M mode.

From the shots, this seems to be the most distinguished looking M vehicle since the E39 M5. It doesn’t appear like it’s trying too hard to project a ‘tough guy’ image, something the E60 M5 was guilty of.

Source: Autoblog

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just like all other current generation bimmer, it still looks damn ugly at the front! Surely nowhere near the great looking E39 M5!

stormlcc

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.beastarkaraoke.com.my
Just like all other current generation bimmer, it still looks damn ugly at the front! Surely nowhere near the great looking E39 M5!
agree with you the current gens are all so fugly (and gay as hell). but at least this new one seemed more.......held back..........humble...........i still prefer the jaguar XF

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
hahaha.. i thought im the only one who think E39 is looking better than E60. i agree with u stormlcc, E60 looks quite ghey.. btw, in this F10 both of wheel clearly visible too much forwarded to front side as they try to maintain 50/50 weight distribution. look like it's leave its own body slightly behind.. huyyo, surely fast la like this..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i've only this pic for now :P
i'll have more soon, so stay tuned :)

thanks to:
TiTAN for their excellent technical support
PowerZone for the engine power (now no more power issues!) for now.. hehe
and excellent technical support :)
TufOiL for keeping the engine healthy and powerful :P
UniStore Sticker who are so generous to provide with my countless sticker requests.. :P
UltraRacing for their excellent body-more-rigid strut bars :)

AMF Group and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience