balancer shaft removal

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
erm..good info and feedbacks.good to learn this for new bie like me..juz wonder how much is the aftermarket one...

Last edited:
of cos lerrrrr i posted n first post its a machine job jer, bt one of our fren already chopped his balanceshaft muhahaha, u know him :P , he is looking for a machined one now, stock vr4 balanceshafts are nt easy to find unless someone broke his engine

i got few stock balance shaft sitting at home :) evo n vr4 the same lerr.. u want kerr??keke
chopped balance shaft no good but still better then just taking out the balance shaft belt without removing or chopping the balance shaft kekekekeekekeke

Err....i had removed my balancer shaft belting.Im using it for around 5 years.No side effect except engine got slight vibrate n the engine feel more response.

Err....i had removed my balancer shaft belting.Im using it for around 5 years.No side effect except engine got slight vibrate n the engine feel more response.

definitely more responsive engine lighter but engine vibrate a bit, the slight vibration can cause damage to the balance shaft bearing and eventually ur balance shaft will fail and stuck imagine if ur balance shaft stuck definitely ur oil pump can't turn,oil pump can't turn then the oil pump teeth all gone catastrophic failure. But only time will tell some cases takes effect realy quick but in ur case it's been 5 years lucky u.. but it's just my personal opinion wether to remove or not it's ur choice. But why does all the race engine builder go through all the hassle to remove and machine them during engine rebuilt. it also depends on how u abuse ur engine though. If u want to remove the balance shaft do it the right way,don't short cut here n there.

whats been said by GOO are true...

i already kena with not more than a year running...:driver:

i got few stock balance shaft sitting at home :) evo n vr4 the same lerr.. u want kerr??keke
chopped balance shaft no good but still better then just taking out the balance shaft belt without removing or chopping the balance shaft kekekekeekekeke

balance shaft belt removed alone still practices worldwide including kampung and dsmtuners hehehe
no issues reported yet :P all running well

balance shaft belt removed alone still practices worldwide including kampung and dsmtuners hehehe
no issues reported yet :P all running well

no point arguing about it, dsmtuners have been arguing about this issue and it's been a long argument weather to keep or to remove the BS. Some say ok to just remove the belt,some say cannot. Back to the basic of the BS function.

guys, brought this thread back alive because i saw something different.

one of my fren mech totally remove both balancer shaft by alluminium weld the shaft hole on the oil pump piece...and he roatate the shaft bearing on the block to prevent oil fr flowing through it with a tag weld

after done, i personally tested that engine and it feel great...is there any side effects to oil pump?

Hi Spuzzle,how is yr engine rebuilt after yr burnt rod bearing? Any crucials areas to look into while doing the rebuilding (replacing the crankshaft,oil pump,etc)
Mind to share?

james, i replaced with evo block but it lasted for a while only...piston ring gave way...then i rebuild my vr4 block...vr4 block done but havent install yet :proud:

wat!!! omg!!! did you change yr oil pump, crankshaft & oil cooler when yr rod bearings toast?

hi spuzzle,is it necessary to replace the balance shaft overhauling the engine??? What is the benefit of replacing the shaft? mind to share?

james, it is not necessary to replace the balance shaft...in my case, the shaft bearing broken then the shaft badly scratched so i have to replace it...the broken bearing ruin up everything in the block...what i did now is remove 1 of the shaft ( the one run by belt ) and machine the other shaft...will update u once i install the fresh block :proud:

thanks for sharing spuzzle as 1 of my friend recently also rebuilted his evo 6 due to rod bearing problem...but after he took out the balance shaft his mech and him found out its hard to put in back in place...Dont why? So scary? Btw,will a burnt rod or main bearings affect the balance shaft?
Sorry for asking much...
Btw,it will be very crucial to change yr OIL COOLER yaa for the sake of long term durability...

Last edited:
james, i replaced with evo block but it lasted for a while only...piston ring gave way...then i rebuild my vr4 block...vr4 block done but havent install yet :proud:

told u last time already,better rebuild your vr4 block,evo stock piston ring and piston and con rod like tofu fa man,whatever u gain the real exp,good luck

thanks for sharing spuzzle as 1 of my friend recently also rebuilted his evo 6 due to rod bearing problem...but after he took out the balance shaft his mech and him found out its hard to put in back in place...Dont why? So scary? Btw,will a burnt rod or main bearings affect the balance shaft?
Sorry for asking much...
Btw,it will be very crucial to change yr OIL COOLER yaa for the sake of long term durability...
i would say burnt rod/main bearing wouldnt effect balance shaft unless the debris flow through the oil and get to the shaft...its good to ask than to learn the hard way, we are in forum to ask and answer...hehe

told u last time already,better rebuild your vr4 block,evo stock piston ring and piston and con rod like tofu fa man,whatever u gain the real exp,good luck
last time i couldnt find vr4 internals to replace my crank, oil pump and balance shaft until i bought a complete engine...by the way why dint see u online msn for so long?

Thanks for sharing Spuzzle....Where you do yr overhaul? Just wonder do you know any shop can do chemical cleaning to the head & block?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom