Avanza Automatic Transmission Issues

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

cecilio

Feb 24, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.rsoutlet-4u.com
Dear Bros,

I forgot to change ATF for my Avanza (2005) and it overshoot 50k (current miliage is 151k). I found that the ATF is in grey color and even after changed, it is still in grey color. My foreman told me that my automatic transmission is in bad shape. Does changing the ATF filter, will able to solve or buy some time before AT totally damage? or any other advice.

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
bro, change filter n running ATF flush. it will help u clean the metal debris in ur system.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
how come can overshoot up to 50k kms? dont u keep track?
anyways if there is no jerking or watsoever u should be fine.
change the ATF another 10k kms later...or even flush the whole gbox.......

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
yup,this time u should pay more a bit like flush few big bottle of atf t3,flushing it with engine keep running.final,use it for 5k km or 10k km,change atf oil again.hope it can make ur gearbox clean.:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
for myvi 1.3L (same engine & tranny as Avanza 1.3L) there's roughly 4L of ATF in total, but everytime you change can only change ~2.2L because the rest of the fluid is in the torque converter.

i would suggest you find a place that can do a complete flush of ATF and change the entire 4L of it. You would need a flushing machine and connect the ATF lines to the radiator to the machine and start the car to drain out the ATF in the torque converter and putting in fresh ATF.

take good care of your transmission and it will take good care of you. ATF is cheap to change, I change mine diligently every 20,000km or 1 year, whichever sooner, and I use regular perodua ATF.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone knows where to modify railing? And whats the usual price to mod a railing? I got a recaro from a satria, i need to mod it to fit into my iswara, since the railing issnt same, and i cant find railings for the iswara. My area at KL and Pj.

I went to sscus, their pricing to mod, is about rm150-250. depends if i want a new railing, or modify from my existing 1. Im nt sure if its a reasonable price or not.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience