Air Filter Comparison..

wanna ask for some opinion.......if giv u guys apexi and k&n...
which 1 will u guy think is the best??both open pod...

i just fixed apexi open port......when engine not warm up yet is not so good the sucking air flow is like lagging.....

once engine warm up like about 10 minutes driving......i can feel the air flow very smooth already.....better than LMST Proton filter that right above the engine only the filter and the mouth for sucking air.

gohkokeng said:
i just fixed apexi open port......when engine not warm up yet is not so good the sucking air flow is like lagging.....

once engine warm up like about 10 minutes driving......i can feel the air flow very smooth already.....better than LMST Proton filter that right above the engine only the filter and the mouth for sucking air.
wow... at last u decided to get open-port filter....

yah, most aftermarket performance filter works like that... they are meant for more mid and high revving... if u want to get back better low revving, feed in more cold air...

haha cold air.....yeah always wanna make some ways to feed cold air.....but have no ideas........haha

haha a little sound only la

sifu here said.....if EFI or MPI not carb la......will got some little BOV sound ppssttt

mine is carburetor......so do not have such sound :~/

got other sound when the car idle didn't move the sounds like BOOHHH.... BOOOHH....... BOOOHH........ sounds like very fierce can attract some attentions....lol

when rev got a bit air sucking sound thru the red filter element loh......

gohkokeng said:
haha cold air.....yeah always wanna make some ways to feed cold air.....but have no ideas........haha
do CAI + heatshield.... should give some effect....:regular_smile:

mine with apexi open pod + heatshield, i think the heatshield pattern can make the sound diffrence, b4 i use full cover with open hole infront of the botle, very garang and deep sound, than half shield the sound i could not hear anymore, but with apexi i feel no lack in low rpm respone but increase the respone, higher rel also good and kickin very strong, i will say open pod with heatshield is best. but may diffrence result with other bcos mine with micro-compressor, fuel pressure increase, 4-2-1 and full exshualt mine is waja auto, and 15"rim

about cold air my solution is this on my waja, open pod + half heat shielf from engine, take away the rubber in front, behind of the hood, rise the hood behind a little bit. exshault rape with aluminium shield. result is not to much lake on hot day, even better than original intake. than at night also strong.

83cat said:
about cold air my solution is this on my waja, open pod + half heat shielf from engine, take away the rubber in front, behind of the hood, rise the hood behind a little bit. exshault rape with aluminium shield. result is not to much lake on hot day, even better than original intake. than at night also strong.

sounds like a very great solution .... exshault rape ... hmmm... so erm, anybody understood ..? :hmmmm:

let me try summarize ya...

1) Open Pod + Half Heat Shield
2) Take away rubber in front (i remember i left my eraser in my engine bay) ..
3) Rise the hood behind (insert the washer to lift the hood ya?)
4) Rape the exshault with aluminium shield (anybody noe how to rape exshault with aluminium shield? maybe tats wat those ppl in the olden times do with their shields... :shocked: )

Result is :-
1) too much lakes on a hot day is created. (Tasik Titiwangsa counted ar...? :hmmmm: )
2) its even better than the original intake.
3) having an intake better than the original will make u strong at night also..

Sorry ya bro, i think its easier if i summarize for ppl to understand better.... :cyclops:

rape the exhaust arr??... apa nih... haha...

i guess u meant wrap the extractor.... now most people wrap it with ceramic fibre shield.... if use aluminium shield, they dont wrap it around the pipes... jz cover on top only (similar to stock extractor shield)...

83cat said:
mine with apexi open pod + heatshield, i think the heatshield pattern can make the sound diffrence, b4 i use full cover with open hole infront of the botle, very garang and deep sound, than half shield the sound i could not hear anymore, but with apexi i feel no lack in low rpm respone but increase the respone, higher rel also good and kickin very strong, i will say open pod with heatshield is best. but may diffrence result with other bcos mine with micro-compressor, fuel pressure increase, 4-2-1 and full exshualt mine is waja auto, and 15"rim

BOTTLE?......hmmm sounds interesting? what bottle have so such big neck enuf to stuck the 3 inches ram neck?

What bottle is that? glass material loh? can snap a pic for me to see see?

Hello slk850...
Where to buy the NASA pipe? 99 shop at BM got arrr...!!!

Im using Apexi dual funnel open pod
Havent install CAI yet coz wana DIY
I see some ppl have CAI aluminium hose
The air intake is at the lower front bumper, connected to near the air filter
I was wondering, if its raining heavily, and u r moving
Wont water go in?
Correct me if i am wrong
If water go in the filter, its not good right?
Then the plastic box setup
Can i use normal plastic?
Buy from the shops, den cut holes, connect to the aluminium hose den silicone the sides

1) Open Pod + Half Heat Shield
2) Take away rubber in front (i remember i left my eraser in my engine bay) ..
3) Rise the hood behind (insert the washer to lift the hood ya?)
4) Rape the exshault with aluminium shield (anybody noe how to rape exshault with aluminium shield? maybe tats wat those ppl in the olden times do with their shields... )

Wah all this can DIY r?
How do we know if water is leaking into the engine if we rise the hood?

gohkokeng , back bonet ? as in the rear trunk ?... easy la ... u buy those children swimming float , big one , blow up the float n fit it in ur trunk ... so it'll be floating la ... very nice effect when go on bumps..

i forgot to add, floating up the rear trunk helps those cars with big GT-wings too .. helps them double the effect of the downforce.. . n it also gives some cool air intake to the rear passengers as more air enters d back of ur car...

is it save to raise the bonet? my igniter is just on the firewall, if i raise it and it rains, it will short circuit the whole thing, won't it?

rollakid said:
is it save to raise the bonet? my igniter is just on the firewall, if i raise it and it rains, it will short circuit the whole thing, won't it?
i suggest better be safe than sorry, better not to raise ur bonnet ler... if u want cool air into ur engine bay, there are many other ways... for example, doing CAI hose to guide cold air into ur engine bay...

jz my 2 cents...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom