6a10 mods

kenreiki

Jul 26, 2011
BB Bangi
hi all. Im kinda new here and the engine modding world so, yoroshiku onegai shimasu! (correct me if im wrong on that jap part aha)

anyway, im currently using a 6a10 on satria. engine is originally auto, but the previous owner changed the gb to manual. and recently i got into banjir so, had to change the ecu to perdana one.

was thinking about either modding it or changing it to 4g92 (mivec/blacktop) completely.

any ideas on the price if i trade in the engine? im not aiming for halfcut as i already have all the meter, suspension and stuff needed to cater the engine.

been surveying the price and still not very clear on the price for both engine (6a10 for selling and 4g92 for buying)

all your feedback are very much appreciated. thanks zth!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
mind u mivec 4g92 complete with wiring would fetch more than 5k nowadays.... :biggrin:

perhaps u can swap with doch head from perdana v6?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
6a10 if not mistaken was v6 1.6 SOHC head

perdana was 6a12 v6 2.0 with DOHC head...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
All 6A10 are DOHC. As for ECU, try to source back for 6A10 ones. Perdana is 2.0 L. Maybe some settings like air-fuel mixture and stuff is a little different (not sure on this). Well maybe it can run, but for me, I would go for peace of mind and get the stock ECU back.

As for your engine swap, if me, I will keep the 6A10. It is such a rare and beautiful engine. If you can afford the slightly higher maintenance and running cost, it is a beautiful engine to keep. Be MIVEC ain cheap nowadays like what Pomen GTR said. Besides, both engines have their beauty and advantages.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
pardon me for asking, does all head from 6Axx engine swappable?

*possibility of small 1.6 litre block + 6 cyl + MIVEC makes me drool hehe*

kenreiki

Jul 26, 2011
BB Bangi
wonder the samething too. haha for now im trying to bela the engine back. got kluk2 here n there but still a monster on the highways burnout:

im thinking of modding in place of restoring. what do u guys think?

Monstaville

Known Member
Sep 21, 2005
Setapak Garden
Ex 6a10/12 user on satria...
It was a great engine,it served me way2 too great....
Like Veloc said,every engine got it potential itself...
Mine was mod into 6a12,81mm piston n using mivec fto head (custom)...
Plus custom extractor,rechipped ecu,twin turbo intake manifold,2.5 inch piping all the way with open exhaust....
I will say,maintain it n use it,bcos its kinda rare nowdays...

dD69

Known Member
Jun 12, 2006
kuantan-kL
Ex 6a10/12 user on satria...
It was a great engine,it served me way2 too great....
Like Veloc said,every engine got it potential itself...
Mine was mod into 6a12,81mm piston n using mivec fto head (custom)...
Plus custom extractor,rechipped ecu,twin turbo intake manifold,2.5 inch piping all the way with open exhaust....
I will say,maintain it n use it,bcos its kinda rare nowdays...
:adore::driver:

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

im one of the veeesicks user. haha :smokin:
oh. maybe someday we can meet up :wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all de sifu out there , i'm seeking place to mod 4x4.. anybody gt jln ? pls intro some workshop 4 me thx a lot :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience