4G91 Gang..

now i got a few choice , 4g92/93 gearbox with cable , so no need covert pump at my car , as is very hard to convert , few pomen already reject to do and my firewall also dun have much space . But the gearbox itself only cost rm1500 nt include install . i ask finish whole jb , is the same price , and oni got a few halfcut shop gt 4g92/93 cable gearbox . If 4g92/93 pump gearbox also the same price .

But from a few pomen n chopshop , they say can convert the pump gearbox to cable type . Just change the pin inside the gearbox .

Or take out all gear from 4g92/93/61 , then fit into my 4g13 gearbox . But i dun like this way . Duno really fit or not , duno safety or not .

For the 4g61t gearbox i got a cheaper price , but all is pump type, i duno izit the idea that change pump pin inside the gearbox to cable pin work or not . curious about it .

4g61t i get rm 800 , 900 and 1500 . Different chopshop price.
If the way changing Pump Pin to Cable pin really work , then i wish to take 4g61t pump gearbox convert to cable gearbox .

But another way , i heard a chopshop man say 4g61t gearbox is same as 4g63 .
My iswara oni 4g91 . if the 4g61t gearbox is same as 4g63 tat is 2.0 cc , i scare the ratio gap is too far , later no pick up , want naik bukit also hard .

If 4g91 change 4g92/93 (1.6 / 1.8 cc ) Gearbox , pick up will abit slow , but top speed very good .I duno wat about 4g61t.

Taiko taiko , pls answer . help .:adore:

my mech chasrged me RM160 for e.oil+filter+workmanship.....
but this is before the price hike la.....
although he still charged me the same price now....
coz he got old stock.....
nobody use castrol edge at his place...
seems like i'm the only one.....
all at most use magnetec oni....
heehee.....

the price now should be close to RM200 la....
estimation lo...
heehee.....
argghhhh cant afford lor like this..:banghead:

wat accually mean by close ratio , the chopshop say is same with galant 2.0 , i tink not include evo . duno izit the evo gear box same with the galant 2.0 . so any1 know is 4g61t and 2.0 4g63 gearbox are same ?

Hi

2976815120_ffc98d6dbb_o.jpg

Please advice . i found some new info , just dunno about gear ratio. more big more good or more small more good .

if im not mistaken .. the higher the final drive .. the more pick up produce .. if wrong pls correct me.

what about top speed ? All the ppl go devapali d , this weekend is so quiet at here .

r u sure using 4g92/93 gearbox giv u better top speed???
i'm using 4g93 gearbox now....
at 180kmh...my rpm edi 6000.....
the engine kindda out of breath liao.....
compared to my 4g91 gb last time...
i did 189kmh before....
n the engine is still pushing.....

so...
its all bout the ratio....

The closer the ratio, the lesser your RPM drops when u shift up your gears... =p

The problem with this is, your final gear (5th gear in this case) will be short, therefore can't really get good top speed because you'll max out your revs.

If your ratio is longer, your RPM drops a lot when u shift up the gear, therefore if ur engine not power enuff the pickup will be effected... but because your final gear (5th gear) is long, you can achieve higher top speed... but only if your engine is capable of pushing it of course... otherwise like 4G13P, you redline your 4th gear, then u shift to 5th gear, you'll notice your speed drops, coz' the engine not power enuff to push the 5th gear load.

Both got its good and bad la... usually short ratio people use for pick up, so its good for racing.

Evo comes with shorter ratio than the normal 4G63, because its supposed to be a sports car ma. Evo8 with 6 gears, 1-5 is short, 6th gear is long ratio for highway cruising and better top speed... as oppose to STi's 6 gears, all 6 also are short. =p WRX's 5th gear is longer than STi's 6th gear.

I'm using an evo gearbox, highway cruising 5th gear at 110km/h, the RPM is already at 3500 rpm. A bit too high for my liking. But I'm not a rich man's son can change gearbox like change underwear so just gotta live with it. =)

A friend of mine driving a putra evo, with dunno what gearbox... at 110km/h, the RPM still under 3000rpm... =( I wish I had that also... can save more petrol also during highway cruising.

The closer the ratio, the lesser your RPM drops when u shift up your gears... =p

The problem with this is, your final gear (5th gear in this case) will be short, therefore can't really get good top speed because you'll max out your revs.

If your ratio is longer, your RPM drops a lot when u shift up the gear, therefore if ur engine not power enuff the pickup will be effected... but because your final gear (5th gear) is long, you can achieve higher top speed... but only if your engine is capable of pushing it of course... otherwise like 4G13P, you redline your 4th gear, then u shift to 5th gear, you'll notice your speed drops, coz' the engine not power enuff to push the 5th gear load.

Both got its good and bad la... usually short ratio people use for pick up, so its good for racing.

Evo comes with shorter ratio than the normal 4G63, because its supposed to be a sports car ma. Evo8 with 6 gears, 1-5 is short, 6th gear is long ratio for highway cruising and better top speed... as oppose to STi's 6 gears, all 6 also are short. =p WRX's 5th gear is longer than STi's 6th gear.

I'm using an evo gearbox, highway cruising 5th gear at 110km/h, the RPM is already at 3500 rpm. A bit too high for my liking. But I'm not a rich man's son can change gearbox like change underwear so just gotta live with it. =)

A friend of mine driving a putra evo, with dunno what gearbox... at 110km/h, the RPM still under 3000rpm... =( I wish I had that also... can save more petrol also during highway cruising.

Ya , so i am finding a gearbox like ur friend putra evo , 110 km stil under 3000 rpm . Which gearbox suit for our 4g91 ? Since a member up there say 4g92/93 gearbox no good . But 4g92/93 also got many type gearbox . Any1 try before change a good gearbox with got some pick up and some top speed ? please share .

bro skytech,

just go for mivec gb (4.592) ... got pick up and top speed as well. price around rm1.8k to rm2.+k. depends whether got LSD or not. if got LSD more expensive.

just my 2cents.

wah , got ppl give me a price , lsd rm2400 , no lsd rm200 . huh . bankrupt ler this few month .

nobody says 4g92/93 gearbox no good....
just dat whether it suit ur liking o not.....

if u really wanna get a gear ratio dat suit ur liking for pickup n topspeed....
u'd need to spend hell lots of $$$ to keep on trying different types of ratio....

asking opinion here doesnt really giv u a confirmed answer....
as we always say...
wat i like might not b wat u like.....

to me....
stock 4g91 gb suit my liking for pick up n top speed.....
but others might think otherwise.....
n looking at my current 93 gb....
it gives me better pick up.....
n i still can go 180kmh at 6k rpm.....
it doesnt really bother me...
as i dun drive on highway/highspeed often.....

at the end of the day....
no "best of 2 world" exist....
u still need to make up ur mind on choosing pickup or topspeed.....

Last time my 4G91 used to use 4G13P gearbox. When my gearbox kong, I changed to a 4G91 gearbox. Didn't really feel much difference in the ratio... =p

But that was ages ago... can't remember whut's the rpm like at 110km/h. Anyone?

But nonetheless... I was happy with the ratio I had... slow driving when stock that time can get 500+km per full tank... very the save petrol leh! =) Summore pick up is not bad... can match up 4G92P and GTi's pickup. =p Max speed wise, last time I used to be able to just ngam ngam touch 200 only... engine can't really push it any higher adi... anyone else tried higher with those gearboxes?

Last time my 4G91 used to use 4G13P gearbox. When my gearbox kong, I changed to a 4G91 gearbox. Didn't really feel much difference in the ratio... =p

But that was ages ago... can't remember whut's the rpm like at 110km/h. Anyone?

But nonetheless... I was happy with the ratio I had... slow driving when stock that time can get 500+km per full tank... very the save petrol leh! =) Summore pick up is not bad... can match up 4G92P and GTi's pickup. =p Max speed wise, last time I used to be able to just ngam ngam touch 200 only... engine can't really push it any higher adi... anyone else tried higher with those gearboxes?

my 4G91 currently using 4G13 gearbox. 110km/p at 3800rpm.. last time still got pickup, now pickup n topspeed also dun hv.. a month ago my engine still can play with Gti n Putra, now i can sau pei edi.. reali dunno wat happen to my car.. last time my iswara 4G13 all stock night drive, 170km/h edi also cannot rasa anything at 5k++ rpm but dunno y my now this gearbox calling for help when i at 130km/h speed.. any comment guys??

ayell sifoo.. do u noe which mazda carb can plug n play without modding da tapak.. i heard this from my fren, izit true..

To All Sifoo Sifoo Sekalian, Any Sifoo can teach me bout GEaRbOx.. I've been studying automotive so much but juz reali confuse of all this gearbox for eg. da ratio, gear ratio, final gear ratio, speedometer ratio. reali confused.. dunno how to diff da 1st till final gear ratio. wats is number for??

Bro... u should do a google search on gears. Firstly you gotta know how gears work in order to know what the numbers mean.

By gears i don't mean gearbox, i mean just simple gears. =p

You can get a good explainatino as well as animated guides at howstuffworks.com. Thats where I usually go to last time when I just started learning bout cars.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom