4G15 carb..full tank=below 400km

kirei9000

Jan 4, 2011
Johor Bahry
Salam 1Malaysia...I'm new in automotive arena...(not to new la..). now i drive wira 1.5 carb, i got a prob that is FC prob. full tank can go below 400km. any suggestion from taiko@sifu@master?
mod that i've done:
1. denso iridium ik22
2.4-2-1 exst 1.8 pipe, twin tip rear(like putra)
3.distributor w19(bigger fire ppl said)but feel the same like oem
4.grounding
5.1.6 wira clutch+lighten flywheel
6.service every 5000km with 20-50 oil

hope anyone can help...

kirei9000

Jan 4, 2011
Johor Bahry
hard to find someone to ture carb in jb...do you know? last time a mechanic tuned my carb, suddenly next morning, its really leceh for me to start my engine.need to rev up until warm enough.can proton tune carb?

Rafale

Known Member
Dec 10, 2006
Selangor KLIA
Salam 1Malaysia...I'm new in automotive arena...(not to new la..). now i drive wira 1.5 carb, i got a prob that is FC prob. full tank can go below 400km. any suggestion from taiko@sifu@master?
mod that i've done:
1. denso iridium ik22
2.4-2-1 exst 1.8 pipe, twin tip rear(like putra)
3.distributor w19(bigger fire ppl said)but feel the same like oem
4.grounding
5.1.6 wira clutch+lighten flywheel
6.service every 5000km with 20-50 oil

hope anyone can help...
Exhaust diameter maybe?
My 95' bog standard 4G15 (same as yours) last time from Rawang~Segamat~KLIA + 2 days commute to work = around 450km with RM60 full tank, the only extra mod was bigger iginition cable, not bad on that old but reliable beatup engine (minor white smoke comes out already :P ).. I guess your right foot is still the best solution..heheh

p/s: but I drive like an old man la:stupid:

kirei9000

Jan 4, 2011
Johor Bahry
my average speed around 90km/h...some time 100-120(standard la, hiway...)
actually this thing happen when i change my clutch(cluctch pecah then took same replacement 1.6 clutch)..before changing the clutch, my average fc around 450km for full tank.. got pening already...mcm pkai rotary..huhuhuh!

e3_1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
my 97' wira just around 400km...seldom rev hard (always stay around 2-2.5k/80-90kmh)
any solutions to improve?

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
My suggestions are:

1. First and foremost, control your right foot. This has the biggest effect on FC on every vehicle. The optimum fuel consumption is achieved if you drive at a constant speed of 90km/h. However this is often not possible in everyday driving condition. Accelerate smoothly and avoid abrupt braking.
2. Find a really good mechanic to tune your engine. One of the most important thing is the ignition timing. This applies to fuel injection or carburetted engine. Advancing the timing can improve power and save fuel at the same time. However, advancing it by too much can cause knocking. Your mechanic should know how to do it correctly. One way to avoid knocking is to use the correct gear while driving so that you'll not load the engine too much, i.e: accelerate in low speed with high gear. Also, use the correct spark plug for your car. U can get the info from your car's user manual.
2. Use thinner oil like 10W-40 or 15W-40. If your engine is healthy, it won't consume much oil.
3. Use fuel saving tyre like Michelin Primacy LC.
4. Pump the tyre slightly above the recommended pressure. For example, my car tyre is recommended 32psi front/30psi rear, and I pump in 33 front, 31 rear.

Futhermore, these things could also improve your FC, but not by much:
1. Remove unnecessary items in your car, old newspaper, old books, garbage, boxes etc.
2. Shut off the engine when stopping for more than 1-2 minutes.

*I don't always like the idea of not using the air-cond to save fuel. It's not really applicable in a hot and humid country like M'sia :biggrin: (except late at night and early morning).

yewwing

Aug 21, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
My suggestions are:

1. First and foremost, control your right foot. This has the biggest effect on FC on every vehicle. The optimum fuel consumption is achieved if you drive at a constant speed of 90km/h. However this is often not possible in everyday driving condition. Accelerate smoothly and avoid abrupt braking.
2. Find a really good mechanic to tune your engine. One of the most important thing is the ignition timing. This applies to fuel injection or carburetted engine. Advancing the timing can improve power and save fuel at the same time. However, advancing it by too much can cause knocking. Your mechanic should know how to do it correctly. One way to avoid knocking is to use the correct gear while driving so that you'll not load the engine too much, i.e: accelerate in low speed with high gear. Also, use the correct spark plug for your car. U can get the info from your car's user manual.
2. Use thinner oil like 10W-40 or 15W-40. If your engine is healthy, it won't consume much oil.
3. Use fuel saving tyre like Michelin Primacy LC.
4. Pump the tyre slightly above the recommended pressure. For example, my car tyre is recommended 32psi front/30psi rear, and I pump in 33 front, 31 rear.

Futhermore, these things could also improve your FC, but not by much:
1. Remove unnecessary items in your car, old newspaper, old books, garbage, boxes etc.
2. Shut off the engine when stopping for more than 1-2 minutes.

*I don't always like the idea of not using the air-cond to save fuel. It's not really applicable in a hot and humid country like M'sia :biggrin: (except late at night and early morning).
good suggestion given :laugh:, ya agree with u for not using air cond too

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

International Platinum Club, also known as IPC International Group was conceived with objective to venture into an era of E-Commerce and M-Commerce where the trend of Information Technology is growing tremendously. On 5th June 2001, it was incorporated and registered under the name IPC Shopping...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience