4AF-E swap 4AF

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Pathmaprasad

May 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hello Everyone,

I am currently driving a Toyota Corolla Ae92(Cielo) which is running on a stock standard 4AF engine which has clocked 310,000km... And now the engine start showing signs that it requires a complete overhaul.. Instead of giving it a complete overhaul, i'm planning to swap it with a second version 4AF-E found in AE100 series. But i'm not sure what are the other parts in the car that needs consideration to fit 4AF-E (i.e fuel tank, fuel rail, fuel pump, indicators, alternator, air-cond system, drive shaft and etc) and what are the parts from the 4AF engine that can be used in 4AFE.. Please help me guys.. Thank you...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
You better buy a halfcut or at least get an engine that comes with all items (complete as a halfcut). Save the trouble and not that expensive either. Around 1500 - 1600 I've seen in mudah. If I'm in peninsular, I would sell mine to you.

Pathmaprasad

May 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Dear Veloc
i have found 1 with a complete half cut engine which comes with drive shaft, gearbox, wiring and ecu from mudah.. How about the fuel tank? Can i use my existing one or must i change it?
And i heard that there are more indicators in the 4AFE engine, so must i change the meter panel as well?
Thanks

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Fuel tank, most probably. Not sure. As for meter and all, just ask the fella to give to you la. Mostly people who sell their 4AFE are upgrading to 4AGE and they do not need all those anymore. Most importantly, do not forget all the pumps such as aircon, power steering, clutch and brake etc...

And, just a suggestion, have you considered 4AGE blacktop???

Pathmaprasad

May 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Owh yea, i must check all those things before i get it.. I'm planning to get a sports car in 2 or 3 years time, maybe a GTR 34 or a Impreza S204. So, i'm not planning to mod my corolla so that i can use it daily with good fuel consumption. By the way what car are you using Mr Veloc?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I am using AE111 with 4AFE engine bro... Well, Blacktop has remarkable fuel consumption and good power.

Pathmaprasad

May 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Owh i c.. But my friends who are using blacktop says that its fuel consumption is bit high and the parts are quite expensive compared to 4AFE...

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
Owh i c.. But my friends who are using blacktop says that its fuel consumption is bit high and the parts are quite expensive compared to 4AFE...
actually 4age series engine is quickly save fuel...i have try it compare with my iswara 1.3cc...all can get rm0.18/km...meant that rm72 can be reach 400km++ in city tour, in expressway 430km a bit.*ps: just maintain the rpm 4k-4.5k during expressway tour test.:driver:

Pathmaprasad

May 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Mr Feipepe,

I'm not sure of the fuel consumption rate of both blacktop and 4AFE but as i browse through the net, wikipedia claimed that 4AFE series consumes 20% less fuel than 4AGE series.. That is the toyota's figure. Yet i'm not sure when it comes to real usage.. Hence, i basically hope on the seefu's in zerothunder for their experience and advice....:biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
u need to send it to a good 4AGE mechanic.. they know how to tune it for fuel saving..

spare parts.. no comment :biggrin:

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
And how about the spare parts for blacktop?
fspare part normally, u can found on ZTH marketlink place;
below are the marketlink place, http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/toyota/296083-toyota-marketplace-links-v2.html a lot of sifoo and master 4age member will selling the spare part in this marketlink place.
u may try to search there or walk in around halfcut shop. there have a lot of desirable part can be found. because 4age part are quick famous on japan. not big deal about the part issue.

hope u may join as one of 4age member soon... :driver:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i think the parts for blacktop is a lil bit higher than 4AFE.. a lil bit only

but blacktop is a good engine if u wanna upgrade later..

:wink:

Pathmaprasad

May 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Mr D7zul,

No plans to upgrade or mod, i'm looking for good fuel consumption and suitable for daily use plus the parts are easily available....:rofl:

Mr Feipepe,
thanks for the link.
For now, i still stick with 4AFE, but i think i must consider 4AGE BT as well....

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
i think the parts for blacktop is a lil bit higher than 4AFE.. a lil bit only

but blacktop is a good engine if u wanna upgrade later..

:wink:
Agree with this. Just minor difference on the price of parts. And you get a better engine. With tuning, you can get super economy. But even without tuning, it is very economical. What wiki said about 4AFE being 20% more economical is true for the older 16V versions. But for Blacktop 20V, it is quite efficient. Even got VVT to improve low end torque and save fuel.

My friend managed 400km for RM65 RON95 at 90% town driving, 10% highway. Of course, be gentle with the pedal if using RON95 if not sure knocking. After he got emanage and retune, he managed around a 20% increase in fuel economy.

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
bro,
better u source full set complete half cut and transplant into ur engine chassis. not more headache ...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
u better get a halfcut..

else u need to get blacktop engine, wiring harness, gbox and all those small2 things seperately..

Gudluck :burnout:

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
1 of my fren driving bt 6 speed....he told me he used gearbox fr ae92 bfo for his bt engine.....compare currently using 6speed gearbox.....if not mistaken.....ae92 gearbox low end torge seem better than 6speed 1........correct me if im wrong..all sifu...thanks..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
1 of my fren driving bt 6 speed....he told me he used gearbox fr ae92 bfo for his bt engine.....compare currently using 6speed gearbox.....if not mistaken.....ae92 gearbox low end torge seem better than 6speed 1........correct me if im wrong..all sifu...thanks..
AE92 gbox for 4AFE or 4AGE?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Guys ! have a question for u all :)

i want to know if I mod my fog lamp with 8000k HID will JPJ tangkap me ? :bawling:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience