4A engine tuning options FTW

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Here I am considering some possible options for tuning my 4AFE compared to swapping a 4AGE. Yeah there might be more trouble but I thought of having the fun to experiment and save the trouble of going through the engine swap registration. Hope can get some input if anyone have tried or seen any of these options done:

1. Head swap with Blacktop 20V
Benefits: Cheap. Less stuff to change (pumps and all), piston are lower compression so easier to future turbo.

Doubts: Pistons less compression (don't know will affect airflow into cylinders or not), piston are not forged and high strength (not sure how fast can it spin/how much can boost). Cams might need regrind to eliminate intake-exhaust overlap.

2. Just turbo the 4AFE
Benefits: Even cheaper than 1st option, Not difficult for low boost because piston are not high compression.

Doubts: Not as powerful because of the lack of BT head. Not sure on strength of "stress parts" i.e. conrods, flywheel bolts, head bolts, pistons etc.

3. 4AGZE block and Blacktop head.
Benefits: Lower compression pistons easier to turbo in the future. VVT head improves torque and power.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Sorry discussion transferred to <http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/toyota/361557-4age-auto-mod.html#post1063368802>

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good Day,

I am new here... saan po makakakuha ng affordable and ok na lowering spring for my honda city type z?? near las piñas and cavite, nasa magkano kaya sya?

Thank you po.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience