1JZ VVTI users

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
hai guys..im not a toyota user but i would like to know beside 1jz,2jz...can altezza swap engine to 3sgte turbo?i find from the internet that need some modification? orientation of the engine?can any of altezzarian clarify?
interesting....but whr are u gonna find a rear wheel drive oriented 3sgte engine? changing the tezza into a front wheel drv is a stupid idea.

i believe you can also try the idea on any rear wheel drive car...not necessary toyota

yen187

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
just wondering whether 1JZ parts are easy to source be it from chop shop or new...
would definitively prefer new...

also hows the power coming out from it?

just inquiring....

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Hi yen 187,

just wondering whether 1JZ parts are easy to source be it from chop shop or new...
would definitively prefer new...( Well , lets just say its not very difficult to find parts at chop shop and also depand what parts you looking for. New parts is no problem but have to wait say 2 months to arrive from japan )

Power vice should be hovering around 210 to 220 hp and the torque is around 30 +- in std stock . This is on wheel dyno .Its also depand on what car you transplant too......power, weight , ratio. The lighter the car , the higher the reading you get.

Anyone would like to correct my statement please do so........

cheers:beer:

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
1j vvti or non vvti generally are easy to find, problem is most of them are auto. Like stepwyew said, new parts can be obtained too. So no worries, but fitting it into an altezza is another story :-)

yen187

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
i'm interested to know as i saw an altezza for sale with 1JZ already inside in mudah.
looking very subtle and sweet.

looking for something which will replace my e46 which i'm selling

any feedback about the car or the maintenance or anything is useful info

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
About maintenance is just like an ordinary car , fully synthetic oil , oil filter, atf oil and some wear and tear parts if there is any .

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
yen, Toyota's in general are low maintenance. Sure there will be some wear and tear to repair, my formula is purchase the car at a reasonable price but set aside at least 6k on repairs and wear and tear.

So far my 'investment' has been ok, aside form the gearbox issues, money spend on 'refurbishing' is still below the 6k (after gearbox it will be close to 5k+ as i am still looking for cheaper options)

is there a 1j altezza for sale? did not notice it...

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2006
Yea sold dy, recently i think. I was at TOM's 2 weeks ago, he told me sold dy.

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
Hey Tez1j owners, I got a question and wonder if any one has some experience on this matter.

Recently, during full throttle at roughly about 5000-6000RPM the engine sorts of experience a fuel cut which also triggers the engine check light, however shortly after releasing the throttle the light disappears and i can continue flooring it... happens on my 2nd and 3rd off and on.

I suspect it could be my crank sensor getting faulty, planning to go to VISION this weekend to plug in the diagnostic machine to read the error codes. But any feedback or advice is welcome. TQ

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nano Glass Coating make sure that the windscreen is water and dirt repellent which can
improve driving safety in rain and also provide better night vision.

A little bit about the company...
Jc International
Founded in Malaysia in 1998, JC International has since grown tremendously both in scale and scope.
From Machinery and spare part trading, we have expanded into trading in speciality chemicals and consumer products; into the mixing industrial...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience