1.6 cars, which is better?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

omnikron

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
Ingolstadt said:
For RM100k-120k price tag. Toyota Altezza's the car to get. GTT... kinda out of category except the fact that its RM130k.
if you are looking at only those 3 cars, means you are looking only at newly registered cars, my family owns an altis 1.8 and i would say it is excellent, with the optional leather seats, feels great while driving. light steering, good power on and off highways, pretty good fuel consumption. inside cabin feels spacious.

some people dont like the high rear seats, but i think that the seating is comfortable and has good back support. ( i am by no means small BTW, i weigh 110 kilos).

i havent seen the LATEST lancer, if it is the same as june last year with no major changes, i would say NO to the car. doesn't feel like the car is worth the money which is why my family choose the Altis over the lancer.

my family is not much of a Honda users, so i cant comment on it.

the other arguement about RM130k cars, a 4 door GTT is excellent, with manual 6 speed and 250hp off the shelf, 16" rims and 4 pot nissan brakes, should be great for long highway cruises. altezza looks small but sportier havent driven both, what about a Silvia S15, starts frm 140k above i think. reconds are a bit more expensive. but i would choose a R34 GTT 4 door with manual transmission.

if its 1.6, i'm guessing the honda would be the choice since they are the segment leader. but if it's 1.8 i would go for the altis.

alternatively, my brother used to drive a hyundai elantra 2002 model, the interior may seem a bit cheap, but it's cheap to run, and reasonable interior space, but it does get a bit hot in the afternoons.

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
yo blacky i know u more experiance than me no need to get tension lol!!!!
but we are comparing a turbo car(gtt) with a non turbo car(altezza)
correct me if im wrong!!!

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
if 1.8liter, and i have 130k to throw away, i'd get a corolla runx, should be in that price range, but not sure tho..

how about a supra?? or that 10k supra blackie talk about sometime ago?

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
driftneyland.blogspot.com
haha.. if u really just wanna look into those 3 cars.. i will say civic la.. wait till pocket rocket sees this thread.. lol.. we spotted a new civic already mod hid and 18 rims and tint.. terrible.. summore its some hot chick driving.. world isnt fair.. *off topic*

but.. among those cars i can see that its around a 120- 140k budget..

i saw this in motortrader..

NISSAN SKYLINE R33 GT 95/03 RM110K black, HKS super dragger muffler,AB Flug & Veilside,b/kit,18" s.rims, Recaro F/seat, F/Intercooler,Adj., ABS,re-chipped ECU,call owner, call 012-438 7800 (Loc. SEDANG)

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
my opinion on those latest models.

look,
civic is sporty, altis is conservative, lancer is abit off.

comfort,
toyota is the choice for family, space is big enough for 5 person. (that's why sometimes ppl say abit "uncle")

price,
depends on ur budget, petrol? i don't think there's a huge difference between them.

power,
1.8 civic tops, of coz.

want to be abit special/attractive on the road?
lancer is the choice, very ordinary looks make it less popular, that's why after u buy it, some exterior modifications should do the trick to make it abit 'fierce' and abit 'special'. i think altis and civic are too common on the road, remember when waja came out, everyone was like "whoa! macam european car oh!", but no one gives a damn now. btw, mitsubishi famous for great engines, abit easier when u wanna fix evo engine.

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
If it is new cars, by all means, get the New Civic, cant imagine people still getting the Altis when the new Civic was here, there's no comparison, the 2006 Civic is miles ahead. Lancer? throw it away. 90s styling, (somemore change this and that make it hard to mod till it looked like Evo.... blah ! the only selling point is gone. ) Sentra? same case, too old~ launch in 1998 right? facelift untill now... wanna challenge Wira being the facelift king mer? Get the 1.6 or 1.8 Civic. No match. If it were solely new cars.... :)

THIS HOWEVER, IS TEMPTING. Its modded and now has at leat 230hp if i'm not wrong. Very very very well maintained. Maybe should go for a test drive and then think of what can you gedt urself for with RM95k these days.
http://www.clubaudimalaysia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=614&start=0

[s]UpErNoVa

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
toyota altis is de best i think.. handling, safety and performance wise all near 100% perfect.. read from lotsa car forums bout it.. :regular_smile:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Honda Civic 1.8S RM 113,800.00(CKD?),
Engine driven by chain, when snapped, whole engine bye bye, will be noisy after sometime. Toyota Altis 1.6E RM 100,500.00(CKD?),
Engine driven by chain, same as above.
Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 RM102,234.80(CBU),
Engine driven by belt, abit old school, but when snapped, a top overhual complete.

When knock on the bonet, the metal used abit empty, both Altis and Civic slightly harder than Proton cars. Where Lancer is solid and heavy.
When close the door, Altis and Civic got sound, where Lancer cannot hear the door is closed or not. This is the main thing that I observed among 3 of them. If both Altis and Civic is assemble in Malaysia, better I take Lancer even the exterior is abit old fashioned. I not that trust on Malaysian's work.

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
kyheng said:
Honda Civic 1.8S RM 113,800.00(CKD?),
Engine driven by chain, when snapped, whole engine bye bye, will be noisy after sometime. Toyota Altis 1.6E RM 100,500.00(CKD?),
Engine driven by chain, same as above.
Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 RM102,234.80(CBU),
Engine driven by belt, abit old school, but when snapped, a top overhual complete.

When knock on the bonet, the metal used abit empty, both Altis and Civic slightly harder than Proton cars. Where Lancer is solid and heavy.
When close the door, Altis and Civic got sound, where Lancer cannot hear the door is closed or not. This is the main thing that I observed among 3 of them. If both Altis and Civic is assemble in Malaysia, better I take Lancer even the exterior is abit old fashioned. I not that trust on Malaysian's work.
If this is how cars are being benchmarked. Then i guess the whole automobile industry had to reworked.

What is all the IF, IF and IF? So the main reason of buying a car is to prevent it from "IFFING" all the way till the timing belts snapped? There are alot fo ways to prevent this and timing belts are something that lasts a healthy 80,000km - 120,000km; some timing chains go up to 200,000km. Cars must be thoroughly checked, and if serviced regularly, many problems can be saved. Your statements is as pointless as this :" Buying Merc may lead to common car theft problems." So?! not buy any? WTF you meant by "knocking bonet, metal feel empty" ? And if what you mentioned are what you've observed as you've stated, i'm afriad you're bringing the "way of checking" of tree logs from forest, to the modern world of science and technology. I guess you must be those people who kick on the tyres to see if the suspensions are ok, open and close the doors to "see" if they're using good metal, and perhaps stand in front of the car to "See" if the head lamps are working well? Save the crap dude. Can't belive all the crap... "When snapped, whole engine byebye.... wtf..."

When oil tank explode, whole car + YOU, bye bye also. right? a true but stupid statement.

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
lozo said:
i will go for waja, if cost is an important factor
get a 1992 Corolla if costs is the factor. they go on and on and on and on and on .....

Waja? did you know that Waja is actually sharing many many many parts with 2000 Volvo S40? why dont YOU people say that Volvo S40 cheap? cost all you guys know are brands. not cars. shit,..... getting more and more pissed.....

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
Ingolstadt said:
get a 1992 Corolla if costs is the factor. they go on and on and on and on and on .....

Waja? did you know that Waja is actually sharing many many many parts with 2000 Volvo S40? why dont YOU people say that Volvo S40 cheap? cost all you guys know are brands. not cars. shit,..... getting more and more pissed.....
relak la brader... ppl entitled to their own opinion... different ppl have diff taste.. dun need to get so hyped up... its a monday... should be down and blue, not hyped up and red... hahaha...

anyway, just pick the car you like most... all others come later... XD

my RM0.02

XD

seperlinky

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
BLaCkHoWLiNG said:
dat's y.. fr dat range... i'd go for GTT
For that kind of $$, you get new car mah. GTT 5 years already la, those selling in the market

Not to say that you need to pay higher road tax

jasonchan

500 RPM
Jun 1, 2004
for 1.6 i think now got lots of choice..

1. altis 1.6
2. sentra 1.6
3. kia spectra 1.6
4. getx 1.6
5. optra 1.6
6. lancer 1.6
7. waja 1.6

:regular_smile: i guess all got pros n cons one

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,
I'm driving a Toyota MRS from Singapore and looking for a well recommended body kit workshop in Malaysia JB to do my wide body kit..
Any recomendation?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience