1:18 Diecast Forums

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
I'm more to classic car actually. The Ford GT is considered classic, since it was based from the original GT40 of the '60s. Tried to find the original one also now. And since only Autoart produce it, I hv no choice but to fork out big $$$ for one...

Another model i'm looking for is the 1:18 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray. I believe I saw one in Maisto's 2007 catalog. Will come back to Malaysia this weekend and try to find it at One Utama/Sunway Piramid. Hopefully it already arrive in Malaysia..

Just a normal toy shop.. dunno the shop is still there or not.. haven't been there since last 4 years. Where else to find them..

Here in Mumbai only one shop I found selling Autoart, but most are classic model.

I'm more to classic car actually. The Ford GT is considered classic, since it was based from the original GT40 of the '60s. Tried to find the original one also now. And since only Autoart produce it, I hv no choice but to fork out big $$$ for one...
If you are talking about a road Ford GT, Beanstalk also made one in 1/18,although in much less detail.

As for the original GT40 Mk II, both Exoto and Jouef offers the road and race cars while Beanstalk offers race cars only. The Exoto is the way to go but be prepared to have to some cash in hand because Exoto is in another league above Autoart.

Here is a picture of my Autoart Ford GT and GT Spec II.

And here's a few pictures of my Exoto Ford GT40 Mk II (1-2-3 Le Mans Set).

Sorry for the poor quality pics; they were taken a while ago. :confused_smile:

Last edited:
Love the GT40 so much but doesnt know where to find one in KL.

twistedspoon> Really nice GT40 collection...:regular_smile:

This is one of my few 1/18 car collection. Bought it last 9 years in Jaya Jusco Wangsa Maju for RM70++ only (cant remember actual figure).

Here's the pic of my Maisto FORD GT90. The finishing kinda rough and just a simple interior and engine detailing only.

dscn1866.jpg

DSCN1868.jpg

DSCN1872.jpg

Hi.. just came back from Malaysia, and I manage to get the model I wanted most - the 1963 Corvette Sting Ray - Maisto 1:18 scale:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t71/gtmaniac_photo/Corvette5.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t71/gtmaniac_photo/Corvette4.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t71/gtmaniac_photo/Corvette3.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t71/gtmaniac_photo/Corvette10.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t71/gtmaniac_photo/Corvette2.jpg

Got it from Jusco One Utama - after walking almost 2 hours from shop-to-shop there - I could believe the OU now is soo huge (tired walking).

Actually I have to wait a week after placing the order, since they don't have one in stock. Very helpful salesperson in the toys section. After leaving my name & house phone number, and the model's serial number, I didn't hope much she will call me back, since I didn't put any deposit to the order.

But after 5 days, she called back, telling me the model is ready to be collected. When I came she brought me to the stock room and told me she gave me one week to collect it - if not she will put it on display shelf. I asked her whether I need to pay some sort of service charge for the ordeal, but she just smile and told me she just need to put the price-tag (and discount sticker) and asked me to pay outside at the counter.

It was one of my most-satisfiying experience - I got my '63 Sting Ray, and the ordeal to get it is very pleasent. Excellent service, Jusco OU.

Now my AutoArt Ford GT got a company in the display cabinet.. Next in my most wanted model list: 1982 Nissan/Datsun 280ZX & 1990 Nissan 300ZX.

twistedspoon,

You are real GT40 collector.. I wished I got my GT in red, but have to make do in yellow for now..

mirage901,

The GT90 was supposed to be the succesor of the GT40, I believe, but never made it into production.. too radical maybe.

Other models I bought while I was in Malaysia - 1:12 Tamiya Rover Mini Cooper 1.3i kit, 1:24 Burago Rover Mini, and plenty other smaller Classic Mini Coopers and New Mini Cooper models. I left the Tamiya back home, since the box is too huge to carry on board - my baggage was full with food stock..

Thanks mirage901 and gtmaniac.

I only have a few GT40s on my collection so I can't really call myself a GT40 nut; I know a collector who collect everything GT40 in 1/18, 1/12 and 1/10. :omg_smile:

I'm more of a 1/18 race car collector concentrating on Porsche, Le Mans and JGTC car, although I do have a splash of 1/18 roac cars in my collection.

I currently have about 190 1/18s in my collection and I only collect premium and high end 1/18s. Here's two quick snap shot of my boxed 1/18s:

And here are some pictures of selected 1/18s from my collection. Let me know if anyone wants to see more pictures of a particular model.

Man.. you have AT LEAST 2 or 3 model of the same make.. this is beyond crazy.. must cost u a fortune. But I understand the feeling.. won't stop till we have the full set..hahaha.. luckily I limit myself to Minis and some classic models.. if not..

I like particularly both the E30 M3s in the Warsteiner colour. Assembled one of those, 1:24 Fujimi a long time ago.. while still in school.

Anyone know who does a good 1:18 diecast scale of the R33 Skyline GT-R?
Available here in the Klang Valley??

Anyone know who does a good 1:18 diecast scale of the R33 Skyline GT-R?
Available here in the Klang Valley??
There are R32s and R34s, even KPGC110, available in 1/18 but unfortunately there are no R33s.

Kyosho will also be releasing some R30s in the future but no manufacturers have plans for R33s.

Thats sad. I have a lot of the R32, R34 and also the KPCG110. But until now cant get the R33 or even the R30. :(

Just happened upon this thread, first time visit here.
GTManiac: thats a very nice Corvette u got from Maisto, didnt know they could do such nice things. sorta a prejudiced fan of AutoArt...haha
anyways, went shopping today at Queens Park Shopping mall in Cheras, there's a new shop there selling scale model cars. very nice. mostly D1GP cars. but they have a lot of custumizable cars parts and cars there. Suprisingly have alot of modern classic car models there, like RX7 savanah, Datsun 280, some OLD skyline, probly the earliest of its kind. but these ar like 1:32.
erm... cant remember everything cos something i saw there totally blew my mind. Walked around abit and saw a 1:24 Chevy Bel Air, maroon with chrome bits, forgot what brand. very nice. thats not the best part

The best part was seeing a full chrome car, but couldnt make out what it was, cos it was placed on a high glass cabinet, and i'm not very good at identifying american classics. thought that was the end of it so i walked over to the counter and took some of their business cards for fun, then the Managing director, Jimmy Yep, was there. ended up chatting with him and i asked him what that chrome car was, so he unlocked the glass cabinet and showed it to me. Was a Chevy Camaro, same like in Transformers, just that chromed out like hell....drools...
guys head over there to take a look at what they have, really nice things there. try looking there for what u want.
heres their website : HOTWORKS
spread word bout them if u go over.
wish them the best of business....damn thats a long post..
cheers!

Last edited:
Yeah... nowadays maisto models kinda hot.. the details much better than last 5 years. But i have to limit my interest, or i will be bankrupted if i am in to collect all Maisto & AutoArt models..

Yep.. once upon the time most of the maisto are below RM100..RM85 to be excact. But the quality is greatly improved..

Just came back from KK Sabah, Malaysia last week. Came across a maisto 1:18 McLaren F1, in black in a supermarket there. And many other old maisto 1:18 models. Wanted to buy, but no more space in the bag to bring one. Now, i regret not buy it. Very hard to find nowadays...

Top Bottom