Pls suggest which engine should i choose

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
why dun u try to upgrading ur drivetrain rather than increase ur cc....
with ur $$$$ u can some shiok2 bgox what.... hehehe...

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Ofcourse the B20 will give more torque than the B18C (gsr or type r). But I will go with Jin's advice, use back the B16a head and swap the block to a B18C. Any extra money, get some cams and valve train components. The block can handle 8000rpm reliably in stock form and bear in mind that stress increases as your RPM increases regardless how well you build the engine. So rethink on how you'll be utilizing it.

Ofcourse all these should be tuned properly. Hondata S300 is my choice, I would ditch the e-manage idea. didn't work too well on OBD-1 vehicles. Not sure about OBD2 though.

eghadi

Jul 25, 2006
bro, u using b20b engine with b18c R injector?
what piston u r using? standard or after market piston? size?
have u go to dyno? minyak cukup x?
standard piston only....no dyno....and minyak x cukup....heheheh...now changed to h20 injector...ok la for daily use but still can shiok2 speeding and let other turbosss see my bumper....just imagine the power when vtec kicked in yo...now planing to change my auto tranny due to high torque....auto cant stand....

deathzone......hows ur manual tranny???:driver:

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
standard piston only....no dyno....and minyak x cukup....heheheh...now changed to h20 injector...ok la for daily use but still can shiok2 speeding and let other turbosss see my bumper....just imagine the power when vtec kicked in yo...now planing to change my auto tranny due to high torque....auto cant stand....

deathzone......hows ur manual tranny???:driver:
Much more better then auto lo...smooth and better acceleration. I dun dare rev too high only till 8000rpm eventhough my ecu can rev more then 9000rpm cos engine only b16a stock. Need to retune my vafc this saturday after that i wanna test my top speed :driver:

eghadi

Jul 25, 2006
wah....u test it....later...post it k bro.....merdeka eve coming.....bhc gathering...

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
wah....u test it....later...post it k bro.....merdeka eve coming.....bhc gathering...
U from kk? I went to bhc gathering just now so many cars on road today cant test anything hahha. Just cruising only.

P/s : Happy Merdeka day to all honda owner in zth :wavey:

Last edited:

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Engine still same only did some exterior and interior upgrade for this year. Will change engine when all my exterior and interior mod fully done.

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
Engine still same only did some exterior and interior upgrade for this year. Will change engine when all my exterior and interior mod fully done.

oic... haven decide on ur engine setup yet !!!
Well gud luck on your mods... maybe u can share wit us after ur engine mods is done.:burnout:

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
oic... haven decide on ur engine setup yet !!!
Well gud luck on your mods... maybe u can share wit us after ur engine mods is done.:burnout:
Actually i already decide what engine to choose. Due to financial and other problem my engine mod will be delay. I spent too much on exterior and interior mod already this few months :(

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
Actually i already decide what engine to choose. Due to financial and other problem my engine mod will be delay. I spent too much on exterior and interior mod already this few months :(
virs parts are expensive as hell! i too fell victim to these disease... haih..

anyhow, enjoy your mod (whichever u have decided)! long live b-series

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
virs parts are expensive as hell! i too fell victim to these disease... haih..

anyhow, enjoy your mod (whichever u have decided)! long live b-series
I think the amount money i spent on bodypart, recaro and bigger brake more expensive then the b18cr engine kosong. :bawling:

My b16a still ok for daily driving but b18cr is tempting:biggrin:

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
wah, u reli hw to spent :biggrin:

well for me, i prefer performance 1st & then i pay attention to the looks...:driver:

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
wah, u reli hw to spent :biggrin:

well for me, i prefer performance 1st & then i pay attention to the looks...:driver:
Icic, So ur car must be fast :D:driver:

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

indeed. but b20 will be even better!
To build a tough b20b i think need lots of money. In fact i always dreaming of building b18cr with 85mm bore + sleeve. But not sure who can build it here in sabah and how much will it cost.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
85mm only? cannot be! u surely will want 89mm!

anyway, building a b20 with a b16a head requires alot of additional funds, as u need to do head works as well .. that's why i scraped my project.. =Pp

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

damn fark up!

kena deep hole kau kau..
when drive 40km like that..on the puchong road..to kinrara there..
and my rims..was bangkok abit..
on the side ankle..

so guys..does it anyways..i can repair it?

how much?
wat does more i need to do??
balancing?alignment?

sure do?

plz help! :ph34r: :ph34r:

So Innocent noobs!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience