• kia optima, sportage
  • hyundai sonata, tucson
  • ssyangyong actyon, kyron
  • ford focus which Gen
  • proton perdana v6
  • Naza citra, rondo

Wow! so many to choose and to compare. Which one would u go for? :banghead:
Kindly recommend. TQ.:driver:
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden"><input id="signupTrigger" type="hidden"><input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden"><input id="signupTrigger" type="hidden"><input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden"><input id="signupTrigger" type="hidden"><input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden"><input id="signupTrigger" type="hidden">

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Too many for us to list down if is gonna be new and also used cars...maybe at least narrow down to a few brands that you prefer or
currently in your mind?

TopRpm

Known Member
Sep 13, 2007
new or used 2.0 below 100k??? :idea:

new
a. Forte
b. Inspira

used
a. Perdana v6
b. Civic fd 2011
b. Accord 2.0 2009

else...???

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Last edited:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Forget about C-segment like corolla, straight into used D-segment cars like Camry and Accord because it would be a lot more comfortable and look wise they are not mean and suit an executive image.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Forget about C-segment like corolla, straight into used D-segment cars like Camry and Accord because it would be a lot more comfortable and look wise they are not mean and suit an executive image.
Go big or go home. :rofl:

2.0turbo

Known Member
May 9, 2004
be more specific bro.
At first I want to put the age limit factor but I think this thread will be more lively and interesting without the age limit.

<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden"><input id="signupTrigger" type="hidden">

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Too many for us to list down if is gonna be new and also used cars...maybe at least narrow down to a few brands that you prefer or
currently in your mind?
Any car just recommend. This thread will be more lively.........what would u go for?

<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden"><input id="signupTrigger" type="hidden">

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

New 2.0 car not many choices:

• Inspira
  • Only inspira I guess
Used 2.0 car:

• Toyota Camry which Gen is more worth the money, Innova
  • Honda Accord which Gen is more worth the money, wish, stream
  • Nissan cefiro, teana, sylphy
  • Peugeot 406, 407, 408
  • Citroen c5, xsara, grand xsara
  • bmw e90, e60, e39, e46
  • merc w211, w201
  • kia optima, sportage
  • hyundai sonata, tucson
  • ssyangyong actyon, kyron
  • ford focus which Gen

Wow! so many to choose and to compare. Which one would u go for? :banghead:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I simplify for you.

Company maintained right? Company pay road tax? Go continental but avoid the French. Avoid Koreans.

A used Mercedes, or a BMW is perfect.

If I were you, I would buy a S320, S430 or S500, W220 variant. Why? The Airmatic suspension DAMN expensive to replace.
The higher the CC, the better the condition, because these cars will either be datuk owned or company owned. And rich people will definitely maintain their car well. The mileage will also usually be low.

The buying price is damn cheap, because road tax damn expensive. People who can afford the road tax will usually buy new car, so these are the hidden gems in the used market. S280 and S320 damn common, try and find S430 or even better, S500 or S600. If you lucky, whack the AMG variant of S55 or S65 and you are golden.

Mercedes Benz S430 (A) - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

My suggestion will beat any other cars that anyone else can suggest within the limitations of your budget in terms of safety, comfort, power, brand power, ride and everything, except cost to maintain and run the car.

+Nice looking - of course! autobahn cruiser, top of the line.
+comfortable - S Class is THE benchmark for comfort
+Reliable - definitely, once you replace all the tear and wear
+Worth the money - worth buying for sure. road tax and maintenance can die la

Last edited:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
My choice would be:

Camry 2006-2011
Performance: Very comfortable, power response good.
Maintenance: Lots of parts, prices reasonable
Interior space: Relatively large which is good, beats Mercedes W220 to my experience.
Look: Subjective in stock form but hell every car also looks good when dressed up, except Juara.
Resale value: MTD.

Accord 2008-2012
Performance: Should be slight better than Camry (sorry never drive before)
Maintenance: Maybe slightly expensive compared to Toyota, lots of parts.
Interior space: Never set foot inside, so cannot comment.
Look: Fat ass but if dressed up it look awesome

I actually find this previous model a good alternative too.

BMW E60 520d
Being 2.0L turbo diesel, good FC, no need change spark plugs, power is good and it pull you back to the seat when you press the pedal. Ride is firmer than stock Japanese cars. You may not like the unmistakable diesel engine noise.
Another potential downside is, you may need to spend half a day to refuel when another diesel shortage hit us.

I would also prefer E90 but didn't have a chance to test out.

So that's my choice la. I don't know your preference.

2.0turbo

Known Member
May 9, 2004
I simplify for you.

Company maintained right? Company pay road tax? Go continental but avoid the French. Avoid Koreans.

A used Mercedes, or a BMW is perfect.

If I were you, I would buy a S320, S430 or S500, W220 variant. Why? The Airmatic suspension DAMN expensive to replace.
The higher the CC, the better the condition, because these cars will either be datuk owned or company owned. And rich people will definitely maintain their car well. The mileage will also usually be low.

The buying price is damn cheap, because road tax damn expensive. People who can afford the road tax will usually buy new car, so these are the hidden gems in the used market. S280 and S320 damn common, try and find S430 or even better, S500 or S600. If you lucky, whack the AMG variant of S55 or S65 and you are golden.

Mercedes Benz S430 (A) - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

My suggestion will beat any other cars that anyone else can suggest within the limitations of your budget in terms of safety, comfort, power, brand power, ride and everything, except cost to maintain and run the car.

+Nice looking - of course! autobahn cruiser, top of the line.
+comfortable - S Class is THE benchmark for comfort
+Reliable - definitely, once you replace all the tear and wear
+Worth the money - worth buying for sure. road tax and maintenance can die la
All the models you recommend are very nice. However the cc are too damn big. I will pengsan when the time to renew road tax comes and when to fill in petrol.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

I am a cheap skate maybe I just go for perdana v6 last model 2009 RM 30 k only or naza citra. What say u? Give me some poison lah!

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If your taking a perdana V6, try to look for the one with a manual gearbox, gearbox code 312. Do not take the automatic gearbox, even with the ATF cooler they will fail.
and make sure you install a lot of security if you plan to get it, its a hot car now, many stolen
The manual gearbox will give you much much better performance and FC, i used to own one,
I could get up to 270km towndrive, 350km= 100% high way on RM50 ron95

If your looking for an alternative, I suggest the nissan cefiro A32 2.0, awesome reliability, but keep in mind, spare parts are expensive but they last very long.
Do not get the the a33 2.0, its very underpowered because the body is too heavy for a 2.0 v6 engine
(currently own one :D)
regarding the cefiro, has no major problems, only prob is the engine is very sensitive if it gets overheated,
there is a design flaw on the radiator, the top housing uses fiberglass which starts to crack due to old age, so to solve the problem, get an aluminum radiator.
A best balance for power/fc/roadtax i would suggest to look for 2.5cc for the cefiro, if you don't mind the extra roadtax

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
All the models you recommend are very nice. However the cc are too damn big. I will pengsan when the time to renew road tax comes and when to fill in petrol.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

I am a cheap skate maybe I just go for perdana v6 last model 2009 RM 30 k only or naza citra. What say u? Give me some poison lah!
If YOU are paying for road tax and petrol yourself, get an Accord or Camry. Avoid Perdana V6 cause maintenance for the gearbox is going to be a pain, and its a fuel guzzler.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
accord/camry/cefiro would be good choice, japs won't go wrong in terms of reliability and affordability

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

normal waja with rear extra brake light , aka 4th and 5th brake light is actually the fog light .
actually , there is anothe rhidden light in proton waja rear light socket . the middle one . durign braking ,it is the only light that doens't light up . but proton provided a 2 filamen type of bulb for that socket . so ...nto to waste the bulb ... i did this thign , i drill another hole . connect the wire inside the socket . and during braking , i will ahve all the red lights up when i am...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience