Painting a car [HELP]

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
yeah bro.. when DIY project need you be around to advise and teaching.
X la to me when DIY-ing more then 1 person need each other..im stil learning oso so i might x know things that u do n vice versa....just buzz me anytime bro..btw I'm in cheras..:)

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
X la to me when DIY-ing more then 1 person need each other..im stil learning oso so i might x know things that u do n vice versa....just buzz me anytime bro..btw I'm in cheras..:)
ok bro. im in shah alam. i will start after getting the paint.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Cool man just gimme a buzz if ur in need of extra help...

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
yeah bro. i sux at preparing for painting. i fail allot doing the body filler part. cant get the harderner ratio right. spend around RM50 for that. i tested on my wira and it looks crap.:banghead:
yeahh, i also wanna fill them crack myself but the ratio, the ready mix 1 is a lot of price diff.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
X la where got skill enuff bro..myself oso stil learning...just that I have d opportunity to do it on a frequent basis n practice..sometime oso 'hancus' :)...

D thing about roof rust (any rust for that matter) depends on LUCK bro...d process n kind of products do play a part(x point u go all d trouble grinding,anti rust etc but use low quality products...x get me wrong x saying d painter did so)..taking care of it oso plays a major part..

For me I did d similar process u mentioned (except I did it DIY at home hehe)..grinded,acid it,anti rust it,putty/fiber it,primer it n lastly spray it (of coz d last 2 process did it at workshop)...after spraying anti rust inside out I sprayed d primer..sanded it..let it settle 2 days then sprayed color..I did 3 layers just to b safe s well to protect from debris n heat..lacquer wise I used hi-grade from glasurit oso 3 layers (I find it more thick n 'rubbery'...geeez sounds funny x it??)...this in my opinion helped a lot to protect from d sun..park in covered garage..but like I mentioned LUCK...
if this u call still no skill, that makes me still in a bottomless pit trying to get out lorrr:biggrin: & yes to do up to triple layer needsss a looottt of patience coz even when only just to spray, to wait to spray for 2nd coating my hands r edi itching wooorr:adore:

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
if this u call still no skill, that makes me still in a bottomless pit trying to get out lorrr:biggrin: & yes to do up to triple layer needsss a looottt of patience coz even when only just to spray, to wait to spray for 2nd coating my hands r edi itching wooorr:adore:
Time between d 1st n 2nd coating about 15mins (after complete 1st coat wait for about 15mins before going 2nd coat)..after 2nd coat 5mins can do 3rd coating:)

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
ha! ha! like that no other suggestions......:biggrin::biggrin:
Heeeeee :)...I x (at least try to) smoke heavy..been doin it for long time so kinda hard to quit just yet..but have cut down quite a bit..sometimes anyway hehe..coffee is my fav alternative (d caffeine really helps)..:)

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
for me i dont smoke. Coffee on the other hand :top:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Hehe I know what u mean bro..long for me too but that's d way it is..lucky (or is it) for me i smoke to buy time :)
hey the cigarettes that smoke, we r just the sucker @ the end :biggrin: the same here but the nicotine just make u more ancious lol thats why the hands start to get more itchy after the smoke than u'll go another round to ease the itchiness lol wouldn't u agree:thefinger:

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Should cut that, go for a teh tarik......:biggrin:
the thing is, got pitch black coffee wit lotsa sugar, 15mg of nicotine in hand & those 2 goes well for me to kill time but the after effect is more dangerous lorr, the hands will move on it's own to get the job done faster eventough waiting time is still not over than i'll go another round of it just to ease the itchiness lol:biggrin:

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
BTW guys. i did my DIY paintjob and this is the result.

original color is white.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
BTW guys. i did my DIY paintjob and this is the result.

original color is white.
What color code is that? Spoon Yellow? Nice. Any closer shots? Not Plastidip right?
Any clear coat applied?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi. My gf drives 2011 Honda Insight. Silver color. She parks her car under the sun everyday.
The car has got minor scratches and probably the paint condition is not as superb as new.
can you guys recommend me good car detailing centers in KL area. She lives in Taman Maluri KL.
Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience