A high perfomance Inspira - Could R3 be working on a hardcore Inspira-X?

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

The new Proton Inspira is a blessing for those aspiring to own a Mitsubishi Lancer and a bit of a thorn on the side of those who already own a Lancer. There's no doubt that it's a good car; it's built by Mitsubishi so there's certain standards that it has to adhere to.

While bookings are already open, deliveries have not started as yet, but as soon as that happens, it will also mark the beginning of a culture that comes with the release of any new Proton model - modification.

My guess is the first thing that will be replaced is the Proton badge for a Mitsubishi tri-diamond. Other than that, there will be the usual case of Lancer front and rear bumpers, side skirts, and perhaps even the entire Evo treatment of a large rear wing, rear diffuser, overgrown exhausts, I'm sure you get it.

While this may be true, there are also rumours that Proton's own tuning division has something up its pipeline as well. Race, Rally, Research, or better known as R3 is said to be working on what we know as the Inspira-X.

There are no further details on this but considering that R3 has already been working on its own turbocharging system for a while now, and the equipment list on the Satria Neo Lotus Racing Edition is enough to make any hardcore Japanese enthusiast envious, the Inspira-X, if it ever happens, could just turn out to be the icing on the cake for Proton.

While we wait around and hunt for more information, here's a little something that Tom whipped up when we asked him how he thought the Inspira-X may look like, the man prefers to let his pictures do the talking, we hope he's right because that could just be the best looking Proton in a while.

Attachments

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
really?? :hmmmm:

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
sweeettttt.....

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
the real deal Evo-X pic was chopped to inspire the Inspira?
anyway, couldn't wait for R3 announcement.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

the real deal Evo-X pic was chopped to inspire the Inspira?
anyway, couldn't wait for R3 announcement.

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
haha...vy soon vy vy soon vy vy vy soon...there will be millionsss...of Inspirution-X around....like wiralution.....all monsters monsters......

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
dulu tak cukup enjin 1.8 dohc mintak proton keluarkan model turbo 4wd....

bila ada berita nak keluar kene kutuk pulak....

ape nak jadi.... :hmmmm:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Wiralution to Wajalution and now....
Here comes the
INSPIRALUTION X or shall we call it

EVO INSPIRALUTION X

robthomas

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
haha... nice photoshop using hks evox... anyway, cant wait for the Inspira-X... cayook....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help here on throttle body conversion, which i dont know if theres any existed post. so, if theres any post related to this please send me the link.

so, heres my case,

I'm using a 2000 proton satria 1.3 manual
-stock throttle body(reconditioned), unserviceable ISC(idle step controller)
-3rd throttle body in 2 years, and i'm sick of it.

i was thinking of looking for a bigger size throttle body, from the halfcut available.

question:
-does any of these throttle body fits...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience