1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

With time, something will also clogged up, imagine with filter the filter also clogged......

Mitevo7

Jan 14, 2008
Here is the thing, i am little bit confused with the air intake routes. Some put air filter in front of Turbo and some put it separate from the turbo like a factory airbox setup. I know its depending on design but mind to share what's the logic behind both setups. Nothing on google showed me anything concrete so far.

Nightstalker1993

Aug 30, 2010
Here is the thing, i am little bit confused with the air intake routes. Some put air filter in front of Turbo and some put it separate from the turbo like a factory airbox setup. I know its depending on design but mind to share what's the logic behind both setups. Nothing on google showed me anything concrete so far.
I don't understand your question. Air filter is before the turbo, it's all the same even if it's a seperate airbox thing.

Reactions: vr2turbo

lsm1991

Sep 30, 2011
long as its before the turbo, makes little diference…

imo only thing to concern yourself about this matter is with is space constraints and if cool air is being fed in.

Please put an air filter on your intake, else your turbo fins will eventually be destroyed. I speak from experience.
Yeah, I'm looking for those cone type filters that's long and sharp. I haven't found anyone selling that type yet. Right now using a mesh.

I tell him so many time tamau dengar
I do la... just looking for the right one.

Mitevo7

Jan 14, 2008
Yeah, I'm looking for those cone type filters that's long and sharp. I haven't found anyone selling that type yet. Right now using a mesh.

Why not HKS mushroom shape? Its very compact in my eyes.

use gruppe-M/ bmc replica CF airbox also should be fine la...

I tell him so many time tamau dengar
he YOLO ma... else would have bought the EVO

Mesh is to keep chickens in the coop. Not a "filter" before a turbo. I'll laugh to death if the mesh gets sucked into your turbo and the entire turbo explodes. Seriously, don't kampung style.

HKS foam or any other foam type filters are not really good at filtration. Paper or cloth type are much better.
According to a damn old test in some Japanese magazine, the Apexi Power Intake filter is the best for filtration and performance, and I've been using it after I went turbo. My billet fins are PERFECT.

Reactions: 6UE5t

he YOLO ma... else would have bought the EVO

Mesh is to keep chickens in the coop. Not a "filter" before a turbo. I'll laugh to death if the mesh gets sucked into your turbo and the entire turbo explodes. Seriously, don't kampung style.

According to a damn old test in some Japanese magazine, the Apexi Power Intake filter is the best for filtration and performance, and I've been using it after I went turbo. My billet fins are PERFECT.
Yup, that's the same test that I had read also! The APEXi provided the best filtration like stock filter AND power increase too! Second was the K&N with the same power improvement but a bit more dirty from traces of the filter oil. HKS foam was the second worst, very dirty with slightly less power. The Blitz metal mesh was the worse, practically no filtering and also slightly less power than APEXi or K&N. So yeah the metal mesh is only good to keep your chicken in the coop! :lol:

Where'd you buy your Apexi? I've been looking for one as well.

Right in front of turbo is probably modded design. Factory standard is a filter box linked to turbo, so more or less still the same.....

long as its before the turbo, makes little diference…

imo only thing to concern yourself about this matter is with is space constraints and if cool air is being fed in.
The air at the turbine is even hotter. For turbo to me does not matter if cool air is fed in as they have intercooler to cool it.....

Reactions: sanekit

The Porsche name will shine bright over Kuala Lumpur now with the opening of its flagship Porsche Center Bukit Bintang (PCBB) by Sime Darby Auto Performance (SDAP). With its prime location in the heart of the Golden Triangle in the city center, the flagship center will surely elevate the Porsche name further...