Kelisa ride/handling problems

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
I did send a test review/test link to you. Did not receive? Asy2 top the test but in 2013 last year....:driver:

Got, havent watch :listen::rolleyes:

After running ASY2 (German made, not local apparently) for almost a month, it's safe to say it's noisy, but not as noisy as my RSR. Grip in the dry is pretty damn good and grip in the wet is pretty damn good too. But I'm not entirely used to my new car yet to conclude the tyre is that good. So essentially the conclusion is the initial impression of this tyre is good because I'm a noob in this car thrashing the car around and it hasn't gotten me into any trouble.

After running ASY2 (German made, not local apparently) for almost a month, it's safe to say it's noisy, but not as noisy as my RSR. Grip in the dry is pretty damn good and grip in the wet is pretty damn good too. But I'm not entirely used to my new car yet to conclude the tyre is that good. So essentially the conclusion is the initial impression of this tyre is good because I'm a noob in this car thrashing the car around and it hasn't gotten me into any trouble.

Asy 2, either German or China, but lately could be Thai......:biggrin:

Asy2 can hold VR pretty well, so on your standard STD should be pretty damn good. It's noisy because your previous tyres were the super quiet Advan dB V551.
My friend who is very particular with noisy tyres, commented the Asy2 is quiet for a Max performance tyre. RSR cannot help as that is another rung up in extreme category...

Asy2 can hold VR pretty well, so on your standard STD should be pretty damn good. It's noisy because your previous tyres were the super quiet Advan dB V551.
My friend who is very particular with noisy tyres, commented the Asy2 is quiet for a Max performance tyre. RSR cannot help as that is another rung up in extreme category...

Eh? I didnt know izso went for Asy2. Now only know. :rofl:

Eh? I didnt know izso went for Asy2. Now only know. :rofl:

That is why you never even read my email. First line I did mention " Izso will be happy to read this"
Anyway tyres also recommended by me, if not good, kena burn house already.......hahahahahha:rofl:

That is why you never even read my email. First line I did mention " Izso will be happy to read this"
Anyway tyres also recommended by me, if not good, kena burn house already.......hahahahahha:rofl:

Since Asy2 top the chart then. He got the right one LOL! Also i read seems PS3 more expensive than ASy2 but not a good as Asy2 but review not bad though. Quite close.

[/COLOR]
The Optimo MEO2 have directional pattern but being in the Hankook Optimo range are the mid to lower range. Hankook higher performance range is the "Ventus" range as in Ventus V2 Concept 2, or V12Evo, and S1Evo2

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Ohh okay didn't know that. Tyre noobie here haha. Is 14 inch tyres available in this Ventus range btw?

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Woah all tyre sifus here... :adore: i'm ready to be your disciple haha

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

My tyres are also noisy too, does it mean that the tyres are less grippy...?

[/COLOR]
The Optimo MEO2 have directional pattern but being in the Hankook Optimo range are the mid to lower range. Hankook higher performance range is the "Ventus" range as in Ventus V2 Concept 2, or V12Evo, and S1Evo2

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Ohh okay didn't know that. Tyre noobie here haha. Is 14 inch tyres available in this Ventus range btw?

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

It is not categorized like that LOL! Tyres noisy also have many reasons. Uneven threadwear and some tyres like XM2 when is new, is quiet. After used about 60% thread left, start to be so noisy.

Road noise is determined by the amount of contact patch to the road. The more contact to the road the more likely it'll be noisier. But the more contact patch = more grip most of the time. Also depends on the rubber composition and all.

And get your facts right.. there is only one tyre sifu : VR2Turbo. :biggrin:

Since Asy2 top the chart then. He got the right one LOL! Also i read seems PS3 more expensive than ASy2 but not a good as Asy2 but review not bad though. Quite close.

Yup, is close, but different test on different car at times gives different results, that is why we don't base on one test. If after a few test and the tyre comes out top3 or top5 always, then considered very good. At times you will see one at the top of one test then on another it goes down to somewhere in the middle, then got to read more and find out. So far Asy2 have been in the top 3 to 5 in most test for the past 2 to 3 years.

Personally I have used it before also that is why confident of recommending this model, and test report confirms it more...

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

No, sorry, most 14" comes in entry and a little in the mid range only.

Your tyres noisy could be due to uneven wear and also because they are directional pattern

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Road noise is determined by the amount of contact patch to the road. The more contact to the road the more likely it'll be noisier. But the more contact patch = more grip most of the time. Also depends on the rubber composition and all.

And get your facts right.. there is only one tyre sifu : VR2Turbo. :biggrin:

Bro. SF also sifu liao...look at his reply, not to leave you out too, with your reply above....:smokin::biggrin:

LOL! This one just stated by vr2turbo once before. How can a tyre have semi slick pattern and not a semi slick?

semi slick on tyre actually referring to the thread pattern in the first place...

semi slick = semi bald = barely have any threads to channel water away....

compound came no.2 after the thread design....

since full slick tyre was illegal for road use, manufacturer create minor thread pattern on their slick to make em legal for road use....hence semi slick's commonly comes with soft compound race rubber....

but theres also some semi-slick that doesnt have racing compound rubber....such as parada spec2...as well as normal threaded tyre with racing compound rubber such as yokohama advan neova series

But Parada Spec 2 is not semi slick, normal HP only.
Advan AD-08R is in category extreme, one below semi slick. Yokohama semi slick is the A048 model

But Parada Spec 2 is not semi slick, normal HP only.
Advan AD-08R is in category extreme, one below semi slick. Yokohama semi slick is the A048 model

Recently met an Evo guy, sponsored by Advan. With a048 sticker big big. he said cannot get A048 dy. In USA yes. Only 50 got.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

since full slick tyre was illegal for road use, manufacturer create minor thread pattern on their slick to make em legal for road use....hence semi slick's commonly comes with soft compound race rubber....

I think there's too many new tyres and new technologies out already until all these classifications are starting to become blur. For example, a lot of people claim the Federal RSR is a semi-slick - no it's not. I've used them on the road and in the rain and they work like extreme performance tyres (which they are) but the characteristics of the RSR is very similar to semi-slick. Extreme grip, grippy and soft compound, extremely hard sidewall, lots of contact patches, etc.

And I hate people who drive with full slicks. Especially hate it when I'm behind them and they are trying to move from a traffic light after a light rain or downpour. GAH. All show and no go.... until the road is dry.

i dont see any point driving on normal road like kl with full-slick tyres, with so many stop-go situation. Either they wanted to show-off, too damn rich, or donno the physics of a full-slick tyres in wet condition driving.

I saw a couple of cars spin-off from the road to genting. The cars used full slick tyres when tackling the bend. So shiok taking corner.......until the sky opened up and rained ....

knowing that weather in malaysia is hot and then suddenly rain for no reason...

Yup, is close, but different test on different car at times gives different results, that is why we don't base on one test. If after a few test and the tyre comes out top3 or top5 always, then considered very good. At times you will see one at the top of one test then on another it goes down to somewhere in the middle, then got to read more and find out. So far Asy2 have been in the top 3 to 5 in most test for the past 2 to 3 years.

Personally I have used it before also that is why confident of recommending this model, and test report confirms it more...

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

No, sorry, most 14" comes in entry and a little in the mid range only.

Your tyres noisy could be due to uneven wear and also because they are directional pattern

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Bro. SF also sifu liao...look at his reply, not to leave you out too, with your reply above....:smokin::biggrin:

No sifu la...just learn from sifu vr2turbo and knowledge of tyre still far beyond reaching your level. :rofl:

Parada Spec 2.

Parada-spec-2.jpg

Advan AD48

advan_ad48.jpg

ATR K Sport

02-atr-k.png

So ATR K Sport not conside semi slick, less thread as well. Even lesser than Parada Spec 2 which is not a semi slick but HP. So I still don't get it if ATR K Sport is not consider semi slick. Kinda confused actually.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom