EG6 Ori Head Counts

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
blom laaaaaaaaaaaaa.....even the damn pistons havent arrived yet :(

tak la...piston gitu gitu jeeeeeee....hahahhaha

tapi dah sampai... its now out to the machine shops for boring and later balancing

hi all. wah, updates. eh bro madman, feel sorry for you. how come boleh pecah? btw my last b16a has the same fate too. below are some pics.

DSCN4053.jpg

DSCN4054.jpg

DSCN4055.jpg

DSCN4056.jpg

DSCN4058.jpg

DSCN4059.jpg

i don't know what went wrong but it seems like one of the valves was jammed and caused this. sucks man. i can't sleep during this time.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

oh, forgot to ask pulak. bro madman, was that also you in the k2oc forum? ahaha.

hi all. wah, updates. eh bro madman, feel sorry for you. how come boleh pecah? btw my last b16a has the same fate too. below are some pics.

DSCN4053.jpg

DSCN4054.jpg

DSCN4055.jpg

DSCN4056.jpg

DSCN4058.jpg

DSCN4059.jpg

i don't know what went wrong but it seems like one of the valves was jammed and caused this. sucks man. i can't sleep during this time.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

oh, forgot to ask pulak. bro madman, was that also you in the k2oc forum? ahaha.

haiyaaa......lagi kawwwwwwww.......:hmmmm:

ahaha. dulu punya cerita bro. i can't sleep that night. ehee. btw, selamat berpuasa bro.

zhaf... no idea camana leh pecah... dont know the cause...

and yeah its me in K2OC... used to have a kelisa before the EG... wats up?

Selamat Merdaka Raya to all......Minta maaf banyak-banyak......

piston pecah dood... very loud kapow somemore on the start finish straight...hahahahahh

sleeve has slight scratches.. some vales require grinding work...etc etc...

20110801111633366a.jpg

Boss, want to ask from your experience, do you have piston-valve clearance issues from using P3F pistons + VTEC head?

Because based on this calculator, it's a good 0.03 inch (positive) over deck:

Honda B-Series Compression Calculator by ZealAutowerks

I'm building a B20B VTEC now and I really want to enquire on what to do if there is piston clearance issues, without going the aftermarket piston route. If this thread says "the intake valve reliefs are not sufficient in size for a VTEC head":

HYBRID B20 Tech

Does this mean that we absolutely cannot use OEM B20B pistons (P3F/PHK) because of insufficient valve reliefs?

Another thing is, are all JDM B20B using P3F pistons, regardless of year ('96 or '99)? I know USDM B20Z is using PHK pistons.

no bro...never had any issues...but also the B20 came with the car when i bought it

but as far as i know the P3F pistons shouldnt have any issues with p2v clearance. but if the valve reliefs arent big enough, if not mistaken it can be made to be bigger via machining..not too sure about this...

a reputable workshop should be able to sort all this out as theyll have more experience with it.

as far as i know all B20B comes with P3F...

u should also look into aftermarket pistons to help raise the compression and also possibly the whole valve relief thing...RS Machine (available on ebay) is basically a plug n play, and ive heard of people using ford TX3 oversized 84mm pistons. cheap and locally available...though have to find la

no bro...never had any issues...but also the B20 came with the car when i bought it

but as far as i know the P3F pistons shouldnt have any issues with p2v clearance. but if the valve reliefs arent big enough, if not mistaken it can be made to be bigger via machining..not too sure about this...

a reputable workshop should be able to sort all this out as theyll have more experience with it.

as far as i know all B20B comes with P3F...

u should also look into aftermarket pistons to help raise the compression and also possibly the whole valve relief thing...RS Machine (available on ebay) is basically a plug n play, and ive heard of people using ford TX3 oversized 84mm pistons. cheap and locally available...though have to find la

You are using RS Machines boss? Wow.

I don't know about raising compression because based on calculation using Zeal calculator, my setup using OEM parts already has 10.64:1 static comp, so my focus is only about p2v clearance for now. For a '96 B20B with P3F piston mated to a B16A head, it will have a 9.46:1 ratio, that's too low for power and definitely need aftermarket pistons.

eh nono...im not using RS Machines....im saying u should use them hehehehe....another option if u wanna keep to OEM honda parts would be F20B pistons... though needs machine work n block needs to rebore to 85mm... for the price, its cheap, though u add abit more can get forged pistons already...or u can get the RS Machines n no need to machine anything.

are u pairing it with a B18C GSR head? if you are then yes, the P2V clearance issues might be there...

are u pairing it with a B18C GSR head? if you are then yes, the P2V clearance issues might be there...

Yes, will be using GSR head.

I think I did took it wrongly. If the Zeal calculator says positive, means there is clearance between p2v. If the Zeal calculator says negative, means the piston is already out of the hole and hitting the valves.

ah i see...no wonder ur compression is higher with the p3f pistons... in that case, from what ive researched, u cant use rs machine pistons with the GSR head due to the p2v clearance.

though ive never researched on the use of phk pistons with gsr head... if u want higher compression, perhaps u should look into that

fuh......i'm pening oledy........korang talk nippon ka??????

cat... bahasa nippon dah tak main dah...

skg org main bahasa USDM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom