EG6 inspection

alwjmonster

Known Member
May 12, 2009
Subang Jaya
hereticalvoices.blogspot.com
hi to all sifu over here, how can u tell either a eg6 is converted manual from auto, they need to adjust the mounting to be able fit in s4c right? I need hire an eg6 freak here to inspect an eg6 for me, cause im looking for one seriously.. however here's my criteria
-b18cR
-sir II
-original manual with lsd gearbox (not converted from auto)
-accident free (no major accident)
-corrosion free
HOW TO TELL EITHER ITS A converted manual or ori manual? PLS HELP :bawling:
IF YOU HAVE ANY FRIEND WHO WANNA SELL EG6 IN GOOD CONDITION PLS PM ME, IM EG6 LOVER TO THE MAX!!! I WILL TAKE CARE IT AND KISS HER HEAD TO TOE EVERYDAY!!

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
why are u worried about the conversion? especially with that spec....

the only time u should be worried is if its a B16A.. coz manual n auto B16As has diff spec engines...worry the guy just change gb only.

B18C-R does not come with auto from factory....B18C GSR does.

if not mistaken the grant should have a manual or auto stated in it...cant really remember...

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
1. Look at the gbox side mounting, Auto & manual have different mountings....look for welding marks/ sealant.
2. Look at the meter, should have P,R,N,D1.....between fuel & temp meter. Also rev limit lower at 7800RPM
3. ECU are bit different, can check the code.....(google it)
4. Cam profile different. Auto has lower cam profile.
5. The hole(on body) for the gearstick is bigger for the Auto

Other than that everything else is the same.
Mind u, that most of these things can be converted....except no 5.

"Auto" is not stated in the geran.

Body wise theres no real difference, engine wise there is a difference in power....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There are some things in life that are not meant to be, like how man is not supposed to fly or think he’s a fish, or how you’re not supposed to cheat on your girlfriend with her sister, or how a reputable supercar maker is not supposed manufacture normal 4door cars. They are not supposed to do it, period. No reason, no nothing. They must not do it. Imagine a Ferrari 4 wheel-drive or a Lamborghini truck. NO...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience