You want FREE turn-by-turn navigation on your mobile? Speed/police traps realtime?

Andreas West

From Facebook
Mar 17, 2011
www.facebook.com
THIS SOFTWARE IS FREE - SO NO SPAM

Hi Guys, you have a mobile with GPS and data tariff? Then get a FREE turn-by-turn navigation app for your mobile, with real-time traffic info (including police and speed traps). Join our Facebook group "Waze in Malaysia".

Details:

This group is to create greater awareness for Waze, the free social GPS turn-by-turn navigation software for iOS, Blackberry, Android and Symbian phones.

As Malaysia is still in the status of building up the custom map through it's own users, otherwise also known as Wazers, it's in the interest of the whole community to get as many users as possible to keep Waze running on their mobile phone whilst driving.

This group will keep you up-to-date with latest developments on Waze, be it new version, capabilities and map development.

Please spread the word about the advantages of Waze vs regular GPS tools like Garmin and TomTom, which besides price (Waze is free), worldwide map availability (Waze works all around the world) is also in it's realtime traffic updates which is being done in the background whilst you're driving.

Should you miss a certain street or landmark from Waze in Malaysia, please post it here so that area managers can create it for you. All content on Waze maps is created by users (Wazers) themselves, please also acknowledge their work.

To download the software direct your mobile directly to: http://m.waze.com/

Please join our Facebook group and spread the word about this cool app further:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk...58025900919763

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

cIvIc_noob

Known Member
May 22, 2005
Miri
Re: You want FREE turn-by-turn navigation on your mobile? Speed/police traps realtime

Hey i just downloaded it, lets see how it works, you're the developer of this app for iphone? how do i initiate road muncher or roller and whats the difference?

Andreas West

From Facebook
Mar 17, 2011
www.facebook.com
Re: You want FREE turn-by-turn navigation on your mobile? Speed/police traps realtime

Hey i just downloaded it, lets see how it works, you're the developer of this app for iphone? how do i initiate road muncher or roller and whats the difference?
Hi to Miri,

nice location to live BTW!

I'm not the developer, nor am I affiliated with Waze. I'm just a user like you but I'm very strongly agreeing to the whole idea of free and crowdsourcing, therefore I work on making Waze more known in Malaysia (whilst building the map in KL as well).

Check out this short (3 minute) presentation what you can do with Waze and what it's about: How to use waze - Free GPS on your cellphone

The roads munching comes when you use the app, it gives you points for driving (mostly unnoticed unless you check the scoreboard) and what is visually is the "munching" of points. Now that is something where these roads are being built by GPS trails and are unconfirmed. So Waze is giving more points if you drive over it, thus confirming it's a real road, not a stray road coming from GPS off.

Why don't you just join our Facebook group, we need interested guys like you to have more people using Waze. It's not nice being the first person in a jam, so the more people use it the higher the chances you're updated on a jam so you can avoid it.

If you have more questions either post here or in FB group "Waze in Malaysia"

Cheers,

Andreas
Area Manager for KL

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Thanks for the recommendation Andreas.

I have personally tried Waze on the iPhone couple of days ago and it works beautifully. The User interface is nice and simple while the map isn't too serious in a good way compared to paid versions or devices available. Honestly, it's actually pretty fun to use.

to everyone else looking to try, there are live pop ups notifying you of traffic updates contributed by other waze users. reporting is simple and don't require you to input long description or any at all. the software simply traces your current location and speed to determine how clogged the road you are currently on and lets everyone else know your average speed and location involved.

There is also a '(00) Zerotohundred.com group created which you can participate in,

It's free, and i'd recommended this to anyone with the iphone

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Petaling Jaya, 17 July 2007 – Honda Civic, Honda Civic Hybrid and Honda Civic Type R. This is the line up of Honda Civic Sedans in Japan. The 8th Gen Honda Civic is the icon of revolution in engineering technology. And, the Type R and Hybrid took it a step further.

In Malaysia, the 8th Gen Honda Civic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience