Y-Pipe

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Last time custom made mine about rm260.00.

- Better throttle response.

- More prominent VQ V6 sound.

- Slightly higher fuel consumption.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
Slightly higher FC? :hmmmm:... have to reconsider whether to do it or not

sb3, where did u do the y-pipe? I've read that best to go Sunway for JFA, but since the owner passed away some time ago, r they still good?

onionbay

Jun 29, 2005
KL
when u want power.. u have to sacrifice some ron97 :) nothing comes free...

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
@ JFA , the brother took over d business:good quality but a bit pricey. They do fabricate roll cage too,FYI.

Here is my cheaper Y-pipe, hehehe..(less than rm300-00)

Attachments

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
sb3, where did u do u y-pipe?
There is one shop @ Puchong called Wai Heng Exhaust . I am sure alot of you guys have seen different outlets around klang valley. But to customise our VQ "Y-pipe" , it can only be done at their puchong 'HQ'. Its just located nearby Tesco , puchong.:biggrin:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
any side effect? :P

u ah.. not good la..

make me gatal again....
Yes , there are some side effects listed below:-

-For those grown up men who have peter-pan syndrome, since it will give a better throttle response, you would tend to WOT more frequently just to hear the V6 growl !! This would make your V6 more thirsty for fuel , hence higher fuel consumption.

- As this habit is hard to kick-off, you would tend to change the whole exhaust systems after frequent 'advice ' given by the exhaust technician. They will say that you would need to free up some horses by changing the piping, resonator and a s or straight flow muffler. This will incur higher cost $$$!

- ah yes, last but not least , to keep your ori y-pipe . If you are bored with the 'sound' you can always put back the ori y-pipe.

WARNING : This installation is habit forming ! Therefore is advisable to install with caution, hahaha!!

rgds,

SB3.

Attachments

JasonKam

Known Member
Jul 29, 2007
Tmn Kinrara S'2
erm....custom build "Y" pipe? any effect? i`m still thinking about it....

hmmm...my piping look abit rusty now...

i already chop off the cat-converter and just using 1 twisted center bullet straight to rear exhaust on VQ25,did this setup ok?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I bought over my elder brother's Honda accord and wanted to remove the body kits, do you know any shops in Klang, Shah Alam or Subang area where I could safely remove the body kits without damaging the paint job?

I'm not planning to DIY the removal as I wouldn't want to ruin the original paint.
Estimated price to remove?
Can I trade in the body kit as we'll?

Thank you for your recommendations in advance.
Regards,
Acer1810
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience