Custom Y-Pipe For A32/A33

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Ok guys...defcon and I have came out with a plan to do custom Y-Pipe for A32/A33.

What is Y-Pipe?

The y-pipe is the piping that collects the exhaust gas from the front bank and the back bank of the engine and routes them out to the catalytic converter, then to the muffler. The front of the pipe brings the exhaust gas towards the back where it than merges with the gas from the back pipe. The reason the aftermarket makes power over the stock unit is due to restrictions. The stock unit has pre-cats, which are smaller catalytic converters that help reduce emmissions when the engine is cold. This, along with the fact that the stock piping is a smaller diameter, effectively "steals" horsepower from the engine. Is the y-pipe legal you ask? Onces the car is at normal operating temperature, all emmissions test will be passed.

Why want to change?

Our stock Y-Pipe its very restrictive. With the custom Y-pipe, your car will have less restricted air flow thus enhancing the performance. It is a very common mod in the USA, with aftermarket company like Stillen and Cattman but its expensive to get it from them. Thus we have asked a local exhaust company (Han Jian), a respected company, to do it for us.
The price: RM400 including new flexible hose.

Comparison: Stock Y-Pipe on the right. Custom Y-Pipe on the left.

Defcon is willing to go 1st with this mod. Will try to post up more info once its done.

Results:
Its proven via dyno that the custom Y-pipe increase the performance quite significantly. My vote: Must Do!!! :shades_smile:
If you are intested, leave a msg or pm me. Cheers

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
ongteckweng said:
Ok guys...defcon and I have came out with a plan to do custom Y-Pipe for A32/A33.

Defcon is willing to go 1st with this mod. Will try to post up more info once its done.
...my poor baby...:cry_smile:

A329878

Known Member
Sep 24, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
Will this much better ?

look carefully it is equal length Y-pipe and header.....

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
The equal length one is technically better...cos it will balance out the flow from both the manifolds... :)

But much more difficult to make...

A329878

Known Member
Sep 24, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
This is Cattman Performance product , but which is not posting on their website .
They are only selling this to maxima.org member and some of the performance modification company.
I had contact Cattman before , they quote me header with Y-pipe plus shipping to singapore is 700 USD....... :confused_smile:
Because of the price and make me hesitation ...........:emoticon_U:

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
A329878 said:
This is Cattman Performance product , but which is not posting on their website .
They are only selling this to maxima.org member and some of the performance modification company.
I had contact Cattman before , they quote me header with Y-pipe plus shipping to singapore is 700 USD....... :confused_smile:
Because of the price and make me hesitation ...........:emoticon_U:
700USD!!!! damn! i think rm400 for Y-pipe its good enough for me le...

A329878

Known Member
Sep 24, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
Hi ong ,
Why not customize header as well ?

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Can be done, but will cost a lot more. Cos header is a bit more complicated...

A329878

Known Member
Sep 24, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
I'm willing to do this but there is no good welding skill exhaust shop in JB .
Any recommend ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,

My Lexus IS250 was running and able to moved....but when turning, the steering wheel became really heavy and almost impossible to turn...Now my car is stuck in some MRT parking lot under a bright light....Anyone might know the reason or cause? is it the power steering pump or the slipping belt are at fault? cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience