Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
If cannot titanium balls aluminium balls also can

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Hahaha...

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

2:40 can be achieved without hondata and without the rollcage. Change the gear ratio and final drive, aftermarket ecu such as mugen etc, good suspension plus good suspension setup, adequate camber degree, better tyres. I think la.... what do u guys think...never tried my dc5 on track..so..its just an instinct... what say u guys?
Yes, it's achievable with the mods above.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Actually, minimum requirement for dc5 to get 2:40 @sic :-

Your mods/setup should make your car/you: able to get 185km/h at front/back straight, trail brake turn 2,4,9, late braking + trail brake turn 1 &15 , vtec on from turn 5-6 (4th gear), vtec on at corner exit turn 4 (3rd gear), vtec on at corner exit turn 9 (2nd gear), 4th gear after turn 11 continue 4th gear turn 12-13, vtec on at corner exit turn 14 (3rd gear).
Use full width of the track + correct racing line is a must. You'll be smiling upon returning to pit. Hope this helps.

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com

Your mods/setup should make your car/you: able to get 185km/h at front/back straight, trail brake turn 2,4,9, late braking + trail brake turn 1 &15 , vtec on from turn 5-6 (4th gear), vtec on at corner exit turn 4 (3rd gear), vtec on at corner exit turn 9 (2nd gear), 4th gear after turn 11 continue 4th gear turn 12-13, vtec on at corner exit turn 14 (3rd gear).
Use full width of the track + correct racing line is a must. You'll be smiling upon returning to pit. Hope this helps.
Sifu Farouk has spilled out the beans...Print this and stick it on your dashboard guys!

jaymie

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha...

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Yes, it's achievable with the mods above.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

what about turn 7 and 8? :driver:

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

one more thing...trail braking is not easy...

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
:top:
Hahaha...

Superb recipe for fast times at SIC!! :top: Totally agree!! Haven't manage to do all of it, but totally agree :biggrin:... turn 12-13 is the bestest corner :top:

vtec on from turn 5-6 (4th gear)
But this one arr... you gotta be doing like 145km/h++ maybe here. With car understeering here, it really requires titanium balls...

Turn 7-8 is taken in 3rd to get good exit speed out...

VTEC point is ideal at berapa bro? 5200 maybe?? mine at stock 6000 is really frustrating sometimes:banghead:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
T12-13 if taken correctly on 4th the car will slide to the right (kinda scary!) but it'll be on the line again on u throttle on. Juz like T2 at Johor circuit...

T7-8 can go on 4th if you have balls like Zane Loo.. Hahaha.

Lan, need to lower down the vtec point to 5200-5500 baru syok to execute corner

Trail braking for an experienced MME driver like Farouk should be easy peasy.. Haven't really tried braking in corners anywhere yet..

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
:top:

Superb recipe for fast times at SIC!! :top: Totally agree!! Haven't manage to do all of it, but totally agree :biggrin:... turn 12-13 is the bestest corner :top:

But this one arr... you gotta be doing like 145km/h++ maybe here. With car understeering here, it really requires titanium balls...

Turn 7-8 is taken in 3rd to get good exit speed out...

VTEC point is ideal at berapa bro? 5200 maybe?? mine at stock 6000 is really frustrating sometimes:banghead:
Totally agree lan, you must get a good suspension set-up to reduce understeer. Hey, my car doesn't understeer much turn 12-13. Oversteer adalah so I just floor here :driver:
At turn 9 and 4 where i have to wait for vtec, my rpm 5600-5800. Memang frustrating..everytime here i wish my vtec point is lower :banghead:

T12-13 if taken correctly on 4th the car will slide to the right (kinda scary!) but it'll be on the line again on u throttle on. Juz like T2 at Johor circuit...

T7-8 can go on 4th if you have balls like Zane Loo.. Hahaha.

Lan, need to lower down the vtec point to 5200-5500 baru syok to execute corner

Trail braking for an experienced MME driver like Farouk should be easy peasy.. Haven't really tried braking in corners anywhere yet..
Yup you're right meor, like T2 johor circuit. My car with stock ecu 6k vtec very frustrating at 9,4, 6. Turn nine have to wait 2s and turn four 1s. Turn 6 i must really have a good line otherwise oversteer at apex and must countersteer so i lose time 1s here. Imagine if i can save 4s total :smokin:

Trail brake needs practise but not if your car understeer a lot. It needs slight oversteery set-up. You can try turn 2 & 4 for a start.
I develop a module last time to train proton test driver...trail braking one of it, i still got it in my cd. I'll bring it next tt.

what about turn 7 and 8? :driver:

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

one more thing...trail braking is not easy...
Turn 7-8 i consider it special..its called double apex...there are a lot of variations to the corner entry and gear. Good overtaking corner if you master it. For light mod cars 3rd gear is the best but if you have more power, good front roll and grip then 4th gear possible. This is fast and good..1s saving here. Otherwise you struggle at corner exit.

Yup...Trail brake difficult and needs practise...set the car to slight oversteer and easier to trail brake.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Maybe next time bro, with something a little bit newer :top:

--> http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...975-2002-2004-jdm-honda-civic-ep3-type-r.html
Alamak...sayangnya :smokin:

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
t12-t13...is it the s corner downhill? fobia la that corner...spun twice, one my fren drove, and one time i drove...both also nearly hit the sidewall...always got oversteer there..any tips?

lan, where u did the carbon heatshield ar?

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
Guys, lowering or increasing the vtec point is subjective and depends on the powerband. All the discussion above is very useful for newbies like me.

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
lan we have known each other for 15 years why tak cakap you want to sell your car lerrr??? like dis i also want to sell my DC5 laaahhhh :biggrin:

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
lan we have known each other for 15 years why tak cakap you want to sell your car lerrr??? like dis i also want to sell my DC5 laaahhhh :biggrin:
heheh.. tulaa, u dont have FB :biggrin: ko kan IR sibuk skang...

ok, sell dc5, kite main satria neo plak jom? :biggrin:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
IR farhan laju sangat ke depan...pasal tu tertinggal news..miaahaha..

well i test drive my friend's brand new satriia neo cps last nite. car is stiff man! really fun to pek corner with! cps works like vtec at 4600rpm but sadly on a scale of 1/20 la..

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
heheh.. tulaa, u dont have FB :biggrin: ko kan IR sibuk skang...

ok, sell dc5, kite main satria neo plak jom? :biggrin:

Neo ka?:thefinger:....haha.....wait n see laa subcon..... antique car that can tapau you for breakfast,lunch & dinner...:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I got all my lights changed to white LED. Even my low beam is white LED. But the high beam unfortunately is 90/120W Hella yellow.... I want white lights.... I am very much aware that HID of any candlelight watt is illegal. So moving on to Halogen bulbs. But what about white "halogen" bulbs? Raybrig? PIAA? Philips? Are they legal from JPJ? I asked THREE shops already... All answered the same thing.. Either not sure or JPJ will tahan but they check if HID or not and will let go if halogen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience