WTA: How to replace the front headlamp signal bulb of EK?

nashrey

Known Member
Apr 14, 2004
I know this might sound funny, but I had a tough time trying to get to the bulb in order to replace it! to reach for the main headlamp & small bulb is no problem, but it really driven me nuts how to reach the signal bulb... :banghead:

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
I know this might sound funny, but I had a tough time trying to get to the bulb in order to replace it! to reach for the main headlamp & small bulb is no problem, but it really driven me nuts how to reach the signal bulb... :banghead:
something must be in the way,... say,... the headlite washer tupperware head (if leftside),... remove that, then ur hand easy to enter that compartment.

if the other side,... some small things can be removed.

nashrey

Known Member
Apr 14, 2004
something must be in the way,... say,... the headlite washer tupperware head (if leftside),... remove that, then ur hand easy to enter that compartment.

in my case, it's the left side. had removed the headlite washer tupperware head, but still can't get a proper reach to the signal bulb compartment :rofl:

i know i can take off the front bumper to get a better reach, but that will remain as my last resort

nashrey

Known Member
Apr 14, 2004
i c...so juz hafta pop open the plastic inner finder to expose the bulb's area right?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
i c...so juz hafta pop open the plastic inner finder to expose the bulb's area right?
just open 2 plastic clips, then put ur hand inside... feel the socket, then turn it anti-clock. the wire r q long, so no worry that can pull it out..

easy..??

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
just open 2 plastic clips, then put ur hand inside... feel the socket, then turn it anti-clock. the wire r q long, so no worry that can pull it out..

easy..??

put two bulbs inside,... one as spare :nurse:

nashrey

Known Member
Apr 14, 2004

easy..??
thanks 4 the help. will try it after office when back at home :wavey:

put two bulbs inside,... one as spare :nurse:
put 2 bulbs...hahahaha :biggrin:

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com

You sound like replacing the bulbs is a pain in the ass..... :biggrin:

easy..??
Basically what jin said, but I have never replaced this bulb before coz it's pretty durable.

TOUCH WOOD.

nashrey

Known Member
Apr 14, 2004
well, it's been awhile since last time i diy my car 4 simple stuffs - removing the bumpers, front/rear lamps, touch up stone-chipped paint, etc. my bog std EK3 Vi really didn't cause me much problems in the 4 years i owned it, which is a good thing :driver:

nashrey

Known Member
Apr 14, 2004
follow my instruction... sure good 1...:rofl:
good news guys - the bulb has been replaced successfully! exactly like jin said, pop open 'em inner fender clips 2 expose the bulb area. the whole thing took me 1/2 hour - getting the bulb out, going 2 the spare parts shop 2 buy the replacement bulb & install it where it belongs.

felt good after the job done...thanks ppl! :wavey:

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
Horey...
what a relief after read ur thread bro...
Hehe

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
good news guys - the bulb has been replaced successfully! exactly like jin said, pop open 'em inner fender clips 2 expose the bulb area. the whole thing took me 1/2 hour - getting the bulb out, going 2 the spare parts shop 2 buy the replacement bulb & install it where it belongs.

felt good after the job done...thanks ppl! :wavey:
Make sure you replaced it with quality bulbs like Philips or Osram, those cheap one don't work.

Original bulbs do build to last, my 3rd brake lights bulb failed me after 8 years of usage, I didn't have access to original bulbs so I bought a cheap one for rm1.30 a piece from accessary shop on the spot. 3 months later it burnt. I replaced another and it burnt too couple months later.

Until I finally grabbed one from my friend chop shop and it last until now. TOUCH WOOD.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all sifu..i have a wira 1.5 manual...after i change my brake master pump to a the GSR wan the brakes are less efficien..wat should i do???any idea?izzzit because the pump to big or wat???my current converison is rear disc brake and steel braided barke host...on highway the car cant brake properly...any idea how to overcome???thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience