WTA: Evo8 or Evo8 MR?

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
hi guys...first of all, thanks for reading this thread n i know its a very often asked Qs. but i am still in dilemma here...i have been dreaming abt owning an evo since the legendary Evo 3 n now i think i am ready to own one of the legend in rallying...

i have a budget of rm150k+/- max and can't decide which one to get...Evo 8 or Evo 8 MR? been looking ard few units n most r selling ard rm14xk to rm15xk (used)...i know MR has much difference spec comparing to stock E8 but it is really worth it? i love the MR exterior but they r rare n hard to find replacement comparing to E8.

btw, would love if anyone know a used unit for sale so i can have more option before deciding which to get...thanks in advance...

Last edited:

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
for me....evo8 gud enuff....what's so different? beside seat got E8MR badge (shape and feel same others),BBS rim (people will change also eventually),full carbon spoiler....

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
performance...wise...got 2 only..Turbine and suspension i.e bilstein absorber....

sub7

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
Stock MR is good as it is without further modification. If you intend to mod your evo beyond original stock form (ie: turbo, upgrade engine internals, etc) it worth to get E8 instead. Just my opinion..

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
MR = Mitsubishi Racing Edition....so is ur choice to get MR or not.....
MR also = Must Race in MLOCian term....hehe

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Ong, like what Azizi and Sub7 mentioned, it depends what u expecting out of the car (at least for the 1st few years .. (hopefully) of use) ... if u expect to Upgrade theperformance upon buying the car within the 1st year or 2, then a Evo8 should do nicely ... (or an E7 .. have more $$ to mod. Bodykit also can upgrade to E9)

But if u intend not to touch anything for the next 4-5 years, then go for E8MR if u can find a good condition one ....

Good luck in your search ..

evolution9682

Known Member
Feb 9, 2008
Ong, like what Azizi and Sub7 mentioned, it depends what u expecting out of the car (at least for the 1st few years .. (hopefully) of use) ... if u expect to Upgrade theperformance upon buying the car within the 1st year or 2, then a Evo8 should do nicely ... (or an E7 .. have more $$ to mod. Bodykit also can upgrade to E9)

But if u intend not to touch anything for the next 4-5 years, then go for E8MR if u can find a good condition one ....

Good luck in your search ..
Totally agree,if u wan join MLOC then jz buy a Evo7 or Evo8 bcz will be poisoned kaw kaw by other member to upgrade ur ride,hehe...

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
or come come ... fully loaded E6 for sale ....still have $$$ to take a European holiday for a family of 4 left over from your initial budget some more ..... :rofl:

evolution9682

Known Member
Feb 9, 2008
or come come ... fully loaded E6 for sale ....still have $$$ to take a European holiday for a family of 4 left over from your initial budget some more ..... :rofl:
Eh?thought u say ur car is back to stock in the"how to modified to 400ps"thread,how come suddenly fully loaded???biar betul..hehe...

ley

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2005
KL/M'CA
"Lancer Evolution VIII MR first production model in Japan to use a
lightweight aluminium roof panel. Other distinguishing features include exclusive
Bilstein shock absorbers developed jointly with Bilstein, and BBS lightweight
forged alloy wheels [factory-fitted option]. The turbocharged engine is tuned to
deliver maximum power over the mid-to high-rev band and generates 2.0-liter
class-topping torque of 295lb/ft [400N-m] at 3500 rpm. Detail improvements to
the ACD + Super AYC + Sports ABS electronic all-wheel drive control system
realize a more natural and better-mannered driving feel and a closer manmachine
interaction for true driving pleasure of the highest quality."

Ong! go for Evo8 MR bro...:adore:

or come come ... fully loaded E6 for sale ....
Ya ya! come come come...huhuuhu!:adore::adore::adore:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Fingers crossed, prayers said and all deeds with the devil signed, let’s hope this time around it isn’t pushed back yet again as a post on Playstation Blog has confirmed that Gran Turismo 5 will be going on sale 24 November.

Sarcasm aside though, even we of little faith have some believe that this time it’s for real as Kazunori Yamauchi, the president of Polyphony Digital, has explained the delay in a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience