WORKS - Snow Performance (Water Methanol System)

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Hi,
anyone here mind to share their experience or knowledge on Water Methanol System from WORKS ENG?

Will it has a bad adverse effect on the engine?

Appreciate if anyone would kind enough to list out the Pros & Cons by using this system.

Thank you.

Pros :
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Cons :
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
the purpose of Water Methanol System is for cooling at high boost right ...
there is risk if the methanol tank empty and you don't notice it, you will have a blown engine.

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Thanks Guys and hope more Forumers can drop in and share...

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
why are you considering Water Methanol System ? you want to boost 2.0bar ? or you suspect your intake air-temp too high ? mind to share ...

sub7

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
Your afr can run leaner with it.

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
stock engine internals can run water-meth injection for high boost? will it damage the stock internals in the long run?

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
why are you considering Water Methanol System ? you want to boost 2.0bar ? or you suspect your intake air-temp too high ? mind to share ...
No,i have no idea actually that's the reason i created this post...
Hope more Sifu's could kindly share...
Thanks

sub7

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
It's like buying candy each time your kids cry. WMS is nothing new, cooler air make extra horsy. For street car I think it's wasting your $ but track/drag use it is worthy. Why not use $ for other long term potential power for our turbo car, if for street car?

More boost, more heat. Boosting 2bar for 10 sec (street) damage is so minimal as oppose to continuous 2-3 mins in track. Why worry?

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
It's like buying candy each time your kids cry. WMS is nothing new, cooler air make extra horsy. For street car I think it's wasting your $ but track/drag use it is worthy. Why not use $ for other long term potential power for our turbo car, if for street car?

More boost, more heat. Boosting 2bar for 10 sec (street) damage is so minimal as oppose to continuous 2-3 mins in track. Why worry?
Great Sharing Sub7...:proud:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
stock engine internals can run water-meth injection for high boost? will it damage the stock internals in the long run?
can, ah tiong did it in his savvy stock engine....works well

A4XRBJ1

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
www.awest.de
Guys, please stop posting what you heard from hearsay, that doesn't add up to quality answers and when things are repeated they are being taken for granted which doesn't help at all.

I'm using WI for a long time in my S2000 and I'm considering it too for my Evo X here in MY.

So first stop on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_injection_(engines)

There's a lot of stuff available on one of the major makers of WI systems, which is where Aquamist comes in. They're not only the system maker which is running in my S2000, but also in Rallye cars.

Check out first their excellent website of tech articles: TECHNICAL

This one pretty much sums it up why you should have WI in your forced induction car.

Lastly, go to their forum and check inside, Evo & Subi use it a lot and you find qualified answers from people who used it and are still using it, besides you get excellent answer from Richard @ Aquamist, who knows soooo much about this topic.
Waterinjection :: Index

Just my two cents,

Andreas

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Guys, please stop posting what you heard from hearsay, that doesn't add up to quality answers and when things are repeated they are being taken for granted which doesn't help at all.

I'm using WI for a long time in my S2000 and I'm considering it too for my Evo X here in MY.

So first stop on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_injection_(engines)

There's a lot of stuff available on one of the major makers of WI systems, which is where Aquamist comes in. They're not only the system maker which is running in my S2000, but also in Rallye cars.

Check out first their excellent website of tech articles: TECHNICAL

This one pretty much sums it up why you should have WI in your forced induction car.

Lastly, go to their forum and check inside, Evo & Subi use it a lot and you find qualified answers from people who used it and are still using it, besides you get excellent answer from Richard @ Aquamist, who knows soooo much about this topic.
Waterinjection :: Index

Just my two cents,

Andreas

Thanks for the great sharing...

A4XRBJ1

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
www.awest.de
Thanks for the great sharing...
So, who's going first in installing? It naturally all depends on what you aim for, if you just want to more safety (in prevent knocking), more hp, less fuel consumption or combinations of these you still have to keep in mind that there's no way around a proper re-tune to get to optimal results.

As you're changing the mixture in your combustion chamber just adding water actually has a negative effect on your hp.

Andreas

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i wanna ask about 4g93 sohc carburetor whether can pnp 4g92p intake and cam? any sifuss can help me??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience